DD,s maintenance plan

dd82

Gold Member
Well here goes I think I am finally at a weight that my body seems to be happy to sit at if I could lose 3 more pound that would be great because it would take me to a round 4 stone loss but beggars can't be choosers, I am going to write this diary as I am struggling now I am not rigid on plan at finding that limit between treat and binge so by talking about it and logging it might help

Today I have had

Alpen fruit and nut porridge with soya light milk 220

Left over roat beef sandwhich 370

Dinner
Quarter of pizza (not good) 300 rocket salad and oven baked mushrooms

Snacks
Pear
10 cal jelly
7 crab sticks
Fondant fancy ooops

Exercise
Walking 80 mins
Cycling 15/20 mins hopefully weather dependant

Feel happy with today's lot apart from the cake but I have taken the rest to work to fatten all them up lol and remove my temptation because I don't eat in front of people at work so won't be tempted !

Welcome to maintenance! Well I say welcome, I'm not there yet but welcome to it anyway! Have you managed to find about how many calories a day work for you to maintain?

Thanks hon, not yet think I have messed metabolism up a bit so taking it slow as soon as I eat 1400 cals a day for more than two or three days I gain so going to see if I can stick at around 1250-1300 this seems to about right to stay the same most weeks and lose some weeks, unread your diary and you are doing great wont be long till you in the maint gang ! Good luck with your c25k I am sure you can do it

You will see a bit of a gain at first though but that's ok, it's not like you'd actually be putting on weight. I think everyone goes up a few lbs, levels out then drops them off again. It's just your body readjusting to eating more and stuff so if it happens, don't worry too much about it!

That's good to know its just scary seeing the scales going up lol

Anyway today's plan

Had breakfast Alpen porridge with Alpen soya milk 200

Lunch already made
Rocket salad 80g roast beef 7 crab sticks

Dinner grilled turkey possibly with rice ?

Snacks pear
Hot choc ww

Hoping to go out in my bike today as I am planning to ride the local cycle marathon in June 21 miles, I completed this last year in 1hr 50mins about 20lbs heavier So i am hoping for a faster time this year and would like to hit 1hr 30 mins, I have also walked for 40 mins today so looking good for today and feeling optimistic

dd82 said:
That's good to know its just scary seeing the scales going up lol

Anyway today's plan

Had breakfast Alpen porridge with Alpen soya milk 200

Lunch already made
Rocket salad 80g roast beef 7 crab sticks

Dinner grilled turkey possibly with rice ?

Snacks pear
Hot choc ww

Hoping to go out in my bike today as I am planning to ride the local cycle marathon in June 21 miles, I completed this last year in 1hr 50mins about 20lbs heavier So i am hoping for a faster time this year and would like to hit 1hr 30 mins, I have also walked for 40 mins today so looking good for today and feeling optimistic

Just done 10 mins out on bike but began to rain hopefully burnt off some of the icon sugar I have eaten while making cakes ooops

Morning everyone

In a great mood today I have a day off tommorrow so just got to get through work today, weighed today still weigh 9st 12 should be happy but it feels weird not wishing it to go down , nearly felt disappointed at first then remembered that part is over

Breakfast 2 weetabix with almond milk

Small pot of pasta salad with dressing, rocket salad and one slice of Yorkshire ham

Dinner
2 cauldron veggie sausages, mash, steamed veg

Walking to and from work so 25 mins
Hope to add cycling and dog walk later

So have you decided that you're happy at the weight you're at now and you don't want to drop those final 9 and a half lbs?

Not 100% sure by the docs I am
Still classed as over weight as my bmi I nee to lose 8 to get to the top of healthy bmi but to be honest I seem to be comfortable at this weight and I feel like I might go insane trying to get rid of this last bit so might try to maintain here for a while and give it anouther go later down the line, well done on your running effort hon

To be honest, BMI really doesn't mean anything! My goal BMI will still class me as overweight but I'm not sure that based on my height and frame that I can get lower than that really. You should just stop where you feel comfortable and if that's just over 'normal' then so be it, I'm sure you look fantastic and as long as you feel good, that's all that really matters.

Thanks Caroline, I feel
That this weight is realistic and not going to drive me mad in the process as it lets me have a couple of treats I will see how it goes maybe a few more of wont be too hard but not going to stress about it more important to maintain where I am and not yo yo up and down you are doing fantastic to keep up the hard work slow and steady wins the race , it has taken me three years lol

Stuck to the plan today so very pleased with myself I have also had few cups of tea and a ww hot chocolate only had about 900-1000 but I don't make a habit of it and I am
Meeting my mum for lunch tommorrow and oh is on golf day and we having an Indian when he gets back so should balance out

No breakfast very naughty but know I am
Going to make up for it later

Walked around lakeside shopping for three hours
Tuna mayo jacket for lunch

Dinner
Indian half a Keema rice and vegetable curry

Porridge for breakfast

Chicken breast with salad for lunch

Left over vegetable curry and potatoes

Yup just ignore it. You won't have overeaten by 3500 calories yesterday, will be exercise, too much sodium, random water weight. Don't worry about it :)

Good thoughts might have maintained but of water from the bike ride yesterday as muscles were aching last night lol, I have been good and my overall or the week is nearly 3500 under so I should have lost a pound not gained one donut might even out, had a wobble today, we have a weekend away coming for oh dads 50th birthday and will see lots of his family that I haven't seen for couple of years and. Couple of stone at least lol, trying to find a nice outfit but had confidence blip sometimes it takes a lot longer for your brain to catch up with your body and I still feel fat and lumpy even though that can't be true it goes to show the biggest battle is mental with all of this, oh well hopefully I will feel better in the week and feel confident walking in the pub next week fingers crossed x

Back