DDD (Dan's Dukan Diary)

Hi people!

I kind of wish I started a diary when I started Dukan but I didn't so we'll start from now and see how it goes! A friend at work said it would be a good idea and I thought why not!

Anyway, I'm Dan, I'm 26 and I live in Somerset which if you haven't visited, you should! It's a beautiful part of the world and it has a lot going for it!

Right, onto Dukan. Now, for the last few years I've pretty much eaten and drank whatever I like! 2 full nights out on the razz a week, fry ups whenever I like (often followed by a kebab), KFC, pizza, Mcdonalds etc... Very few of my meals would be considered even remotely healthy.

I was conscious of it! I knew I was more unhealthy and frankly, fatter than I really wanted to be! I wasn't eating for comfort, I just loved the taste of anything that was bad for me! And I liked a drink. Just before Christmas during a visit to my girlfriend's parents in the Cotswolds her mum suggested Dukan! Her brother had lost two stone in three months on it so I thought I'd give it a go!

So once Christmas and the New Year festivities were done I started on January 4th, the weigh in that morning was 17 stone 5 pounds! I knew I had put weight on but that was a surprise!

The attack phase saw my weight dip by eight pounds which was a huge psychological boost! Since then I have tried to stick to the 1/1 routine and it is going well! I've eaten lots of chicken, prawns, salmon, steaks, venison burgers and on days when I'm allowed plenty of salad! A muller light with oatbran for breakfast every morning!

Three weeks ago I signed up to the gym and do an hour of cardio most evenings after work. Really enjoying it and am feeling guilty if I don't go! Trying to do a solid hour on the bike, roughly 30km on moderate resistance, burns around 1000 calories!

All of the chocolate (giant toblerone, tub of celebrations, two big dairy milks etc) that I received for Christmas remain untouched in the cupboard! To be honest, I have had a few lapses, had around 3/4 drinking sessions since January 4th and one particular weekend which involved a fry up, two KFC's and about twenty pints of lager! I do feel guilty when that happens but I'm working hard at the gym and eating incredibly healthy the rest of the time that I feel I deserve the occasional reward and indulgence!

From 17 stone 5 at the beginning of Dukan I have now reached 15 stone 1. It feels great, there are regular compliments, I feel energetic and Dukan is part of my life without me really thinking about it! There are occasions where I fancy chocolate or a slice of toast or a week night beer or a colleague will be eating a gorgeous looking cake next to me. When you can see the results the willpower is much easier to sustain!

I don't really have a target, I will move into consolidation phase when I'm happy with how I look and feel. I guess another couple of stone is achievable and realistic!

I play village cricket in the summer which is a real motivator for me and our practice sessions start on Sunday which gives me more exercise!! Anyway, I hope you've enjoyed reading, I will update as often as I can and when I feel there's something worth saying!

Tips - Never try scrambled egg with oatbran, it's disgusting and the limited edition mint flavoured muller light yoghurts are amazing! Stick one in the freezer and you have a healthy mint flavoured ice cream! Nice!

All the best!

Dan

lovely to read your first diary entry - welcome to the forum and keep posting - oh and Dan I've been to Somerset and yes its beautiful :)

Last edited:
Great start Dan - keep going- amazing results so far and everything is achievable!! I have had a few drinking sessions on Dukan but no food lapses as I know that will be the very end for me - love the fact that I don't crave carbs at all whereas before they were the biggest part of my food intake - do you want a pizza or choccy - pizza every time!!! LOL Not now though and it's pretty liberating!! Your girlfriend must be v proud of your achievements and think she has herself a new man! LOL!

Nice to have a bloke on the forum & hear your perspective! I avoid mullers, & will be especially avoiding the mint for fear of becoming hooked!! Look forward to reading about your journey & I like your "target" :)

So, I posted this on Friday! I was 15 stone 1, this morning I am exactly the same weight. I was fairly good at the weekend but owing to a trip to Leeds the opportunities to exercise vigorously over the weekend were limited!

Having said that, I've not been completely angelic over the past few days. I had A pint of lager on Saturday as I felt I deserved it. Also I had one of mum's roasts on Sunday! Chicken, bisto gravy, carrots, broccoli, green beans, 1 small yorkshire pudding and some stuffing! Oops!

Had a nice "grill up" as well which entailed version sausages, weightwatchers bacon and poached eggs! Now, I know we aren't supposed to "calorie count" on this diet but I certainly notice that my weight loss slows down when I eat more and my tea last night was huge - a whole pack of chicken mini fillets sprinkled with cajun, a few slices of smoked salmon and two poached eggs! No weight loss and that's despite a monster two hour session at the gym!

So today is a PV day and I am gonna cut my portions down, drink so much water that I nearly drown and hit the gym hard again tonight! This is probably the fourth time my weight loss has stalled, I'm not panicking this time so don't worry if it happens! Just go crazy to kick start the momentum again!

Having said all this, I am doing some work with the weights at the gym and inevitably some fat will turn to muscle which weights more, so let's look on the bright side! Right, off to work!

Cheers,

Dan

If the venison sausages are Dukan friendly ... I would not worry too much.
What about the stuffing?
Yes, there is no point counting calories on Dukan diet....

Last edited:
I guess the stuffing was sage, onion and a load of other stuff! I'm pretty confident the venison sausages are fine! I've done some damage to my ankle now which could slow me down at the gym! :-(

I damaged my knee last year cause I worked too hard..
We should be more gentle.
You'll be fine...
Just don't count calories.... It's usless.

Only if you let it Dan - on and up or down as we say on Dukan. Stay strong - pretty c**p time but Dukan can make it a bit better if you focus on it. Good luck.

I broke up with my boyfriend a couple of months into Dukan. It's tough but you can't let it affect the fantastic progress you've made. If anything it spurred me on to work harder and show him just what he was missing!

Hello guys!

Well, my girlfriend and I got back together! I had some alcohol that weekend and even had a few last weekend as well as some buffet at a 30th birthday party I attended! Naughty!

Weigh-in this morning delighted me when the scales read 14stone 6.25pounds!! Only another pound and a half to go until I hit the 3 stone mark since January 4th!! Thoughts of entering the consolidation phase are entering my head but fancy knocking another stone off first!

Been eating loads of chicken, steaks, venison burgers etc! I've fallen in love with hot and spicy chillies recently as well and they seem to have speeded the weight loss up! Still persisting at the gym with monster sessions, playing five-a-side football once a week and cricket practice is now in full swing! A new nephew arriving next month to go with the one who already gives me the run around will mean I am more active than ever!!

Getting back with my girlfriend has it's advantages fitness wise too!!!

Until next time!

Dan!x

Good news and worthy of a few treats but don't get carried away, how tall are you? Have you been on the Dukan website and found out what they say your true weight is? I don't know how much actual science is in it but it gave me a pretty good weight as a starting target. I can look at again if i feel i need to and can lose a bit more and keep it off.

I'm pretty much 6ft exactly! I did do it, it said 13 stone 3 lbs so getting there! It did predict I'd hit that weight in September so I am well ahead of schedule!

Back