Dealing with 'star' week?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Daisyboo, 8 September 2009 Social URL.

1. Daisyboo

Daisyboo Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Help me decide!!
    Any ideas on how to get through star weeks? Struggling a tad today - after a weekend of indulgence I'm trying hard to resist the urge for chocolate :cry:

It is also a matter of resisting comfort eating for me (to put you in the picture we have been trying for a baby for over 5 years now so each time af arrives its so hard).

Any and all suggestions welcomed - and hopefully something will work before I dive into the biscuit tin at work! :rolleyes:

x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. NN89

NN89 Sexy Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.89%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    Instead of chocolate, why don't you try having hot chocolate? I find options really keeps my cravings at bay

also to avoid a gain and water retention, try increasing your fluid intake :)

4. kitty~anne

kitty~anne hmmmmmmmmmm

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(10.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i know where ur coming from i only have star weeks once a blue moon and my last one i truned into a binge eating moster!!! couldn't control myself!!!

good luck no tip from me but some sympathy!!!! xxxxx

5. AmyAdele

AmyAdele its a long road

Start Weight:
    22st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(10.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world :)
    well when my body decides to give me a star week. i drink losts of options and tend to shout at my Oh quite a lot its hard but one week where its a little more understandable.

6. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ok...from a GP that I used to work for...."your body doesnt crave chocolate when its your * week. Instead, eat more carbs. Have more green days as these release sugars slowly and you will be fuller for longer. Also, eat some banana for the same reason."
    I also find that drinking more water actually helps....dont know why, but it flushes through and helps get rid of the fluid retention.

Im going through this at the moment, so the stodgier the food the better!

7. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    :argh:

Sorry to hijack your thread but I want to start a campaign to do away the ridiculous SW ephemism that is the star week.

Maybe when they started in 1969 people didn't talk about such things but this is 2009 for pete's sake. Women have periods ... not stars! There, did anybody fall over in a dead faint because I've said the p word? And heaven help any poor man that should happen to hear us say period - not sure what happens, maybe his head explodes with the shock! Half the population of the world have them at one point during their lives and to call them something else perpetuates the feeling that they are something dirty and nasty to be whispered about behind our hands. Join me in a boycott and complain to SW.

Okay, rant over ... going back to my cup of tea now. :coffee:

8. Tracybackinuk

Tracybackinuk Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(13.6%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Daisyboo, I agree with people who say that carbs help (and lots of bananas). Pre-SW, I would need lots of salty, carby foods. Now, if I have been eating well (balanced diet), the old cravings are not so noticeable, but if they are, I make a big pasta bake, or a curry or chili with mounds of rice (could be meat or quorn depending on your preferences). it works for me!

9. Vixxster

Vixxster Nojo on the YoYo

Start Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh dear, is someone having their * week? :p

10. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

Start Weight:
    103.19kg
    Current Weight:
    100.47kg
    Goal Weight:
    92.53kg
    Lost(%):
    2.7kg(2.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Great idea from NN. I also put options into plain yogurt or quark (with sweetner) and that's good, or use some syns for a skinny cow choc ice cream (5 syns), or a 1/2 fat cadbury mousse for 3 syns.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.