Dealing with 'star' week?

Daisyboo

Any ideas on how to get through star weeks? Struggling a tad today - after a weekend of indulgence I'm trying hard to resist the urge for chocolate :cry:

It is also a matter of resisting comfort eating for me (to put you in the picture we have been trying for a baby for over 5 years now so each time af arrives its so hard).

Any and all suggestions welcomed - and hopefully something will work before I dive into the biscuit tin at work! :rolleyes:

x

Instead of chocolate, why don't you try having hot chocolate? I find options really keeps my cravings at bay

also to avoid a gain and water retention, try increasing your fluid intake :)

well when my body decides to give me a star week. i drink losts of options and tend to shout at my Oh quite a lot its hard but one week where its a little more understandable.

Ok...from a GP that I used to work for...."your body doesnt crave chocolate when its your * week. Instead, eat more carbs. Have more green days as these release sugars slowly and you will be fuller for longer. Also, eat some banana for the same reason."
I also find that drinking more water actually helps....dont know why, but it flushes through and helps get rid of the fluid retention.

Im going through this at the moment, so the stodgier the food the better!

:argh:

Sorry to hijack your thread but I want to start a campaign to do away the ridiculous SW ephemism that is the star week.

Maybe when they started in 1969 people didn't talk about such things but this is 2009 for pete's sake. Women have periods ... not stars! There, did anybody fall over in a dead faint because I've said the p word? And heaven help any poor man that should happen to hear us say period - not sure what happens, maybe his head explodes with the shock! Half the population of the world have them at one point during their lives and to call them something else perpetuates the feeling that they are something dirty and nasty to be whispered about behind our hands. Join me in a boycott and complain to SW.

Okay, rant over ... going back to my cup of tea now. :coffee:

Hi Daisyboo, I agree with people who say that carbs help (and lots of bananas). Pre-SW, I would need lots of salty, carby foods. Now, if I have been eating well (balanced diet), the old cravings are not so noticeable, but if they are, I make a big pasta bake, or a curry or chili with mounds of rice (could be meat or quorn depending on your preferences). it works for me!

:argh:

Sorry to hijack your thread but I want to start a campaign to do away the ridiculous SW ephemism that is the star week.

Maybe when they started in 1969 people didn't talk about such things but this is 2009 for pete's sake. Women have periods ... not stars! There, did anybody fall over in a dead faint because I've said the p word? And heaven help any poor man that should happen to hear us say period - not sure what happens, maybe his head explodes with the shock! Half the population of the world have them at one point during their lives and to call them something else perpetuates the feeling that they are something dirty and nasty to be whispered about behind our hands. Join me in a boycott and complain to SW.

Okay, rant over ... going back to my cup of tea now. :coffee:

Oh dear, is someone having their * week? :p

Instead of chocolate, why don't you try having hot chocolate? I find options really keeps my cravings at bay

also to avoid a gain and water retention, try increasing your fluid intake :)
Great idea from NN. I also put options into plain yogurt or quark (with sweetner) and that's good, or use some syns for a skinny cow choc ice cream (5 syns), or a 1/2 fat cadbury mousse for 3 syns.

Back