Dear Diary (with pics!)

mirella1

I really enjoy reading other people's weight loss diaries, so I thought that I might start my own!

So, a bit about me: I'm a 22-year-old student who's decided to take control over her body! All my life I've been a chubbier kind, but that didn't really bother me (actually I liked having curves in the right places) until I moved away from home after college and gained a good lot of weight. You know, the freedom of buying my own food, eating whatever I like, and being a 18-year-old student some booze is going to go down. So all of that really didn't do any good for my body. In half a year I gained almost 2 stones (and have nice stretch marks on my tummy for it...). And my weight kept going up until last spring. My old friends from my hometown visited me in Plymouth in March, we had a really good time and took a lot of pictures etc. And when I saw those pictures later I realised how fat I really was. So, one of those friends had been on the Cambridge diet and I decided to give it a go too. So before summer I lost 2 stones (yay!), but during the summer I gained some of it back. So now I'm back in business.

This time I'm not doing CD mainly because money, but I'm drinking the Asda Measure Up meal replacement drinks. These:

Kuva1832375x500.jpg

I actually like their taste more than the CD shakes.

So yeah, I've been on the diet for exactly a week now and I've lost 9lbs! I'm so pleased. Here's a couple pics of me last Friday:

Kuva1827375x500.jpg
Kuva1829375x500.jpg

And here's me today:

Kuva1874375x500.jpg
Kuva1881375x500.jpg

I think some progress can be seen already! I'm feeling so good and so excited.

But that's about it for now. :) I'll come back to update later. Hope some will find my diary enjoyable. xx

Last edited:
Great loss for your first week, keep up the good work and you will soon reach your goal.

Thanks everyone for your comments!! They're much appreciated :) xx

Yeah indeed I've started the difficult bit now... Actually during this week I haven't lost a pound. I did expect the loss to slow down but not to stop entirely! Feeling a bit blue about that now... And I haven't even cheated, every day my calorie intake has been around 1000 (two shakes and a meal, as is recommended for the diet), so it doesn't really even make sense that I haven't lost anything. :D

However, I did take some new pics today, think I'll share them anyway.. So, week 2:

viikko2-sivu.jpg
viikko2-etu.jpg

Let's hope I'll do a bit better until next Friday... This struggling is really frustrating!!

hi just wanna say good luck and well done on first week weightloss :) x

Thank you LucyNewMum and thumper13! ^^ xx

So it's Friday again, my official weight in and update day. Another 2lbs lost, I'm now in my 10s and a pound away from having lost a stone since I restarted! Definitely feeling a bit slimmer already, even though I still have almost 2st to lose.

Here's week 3 pics:

viikko3-sivu.jpg
viikko3-etu.jpg

Now the next two week I'll have to try my very best with the weight loss, a couple friends are having a housewarming party with a 50's theme, I want to look like a dashing pin-up lady in there. ;) Can't wait for that.

Back