Debbie's Daily Diary

Debs154

Trying again!!
Hi I'm Debbie and have been reading this forum over the last couple of weeks and am so glad I found it!
I've probably tried most diets over the years - losing and gaining various amounts of weight, most recently SW and WW and at my heaviest think I was about 14st 10lb although when I look at some pictures of myself over the years look a lot heavier than that :(

I'm 12st 10lb today and starting on S&S - I bought a few of the sample packs and thought they were ok so have taken the plunge and bought the men's monthly pack because it works out so much cheaper so am armed for the next 5 weeks or so depending whther I do 3 + a protein meal or 4 packs.

My intention is to try to stick to 4 for convenience and have the milk and allowable veg. I've considered VLCDs in the past but S&S seems doable and most of all affordable - my sister did LL and there's no way I could afford over £60 a week.

My concerns, apart from getting through the first week are the saggy skin, I'm 54 and it doesn't snap back that easily so am going to check out some bingo wing excercises at least - I'm not that good when it comes to excercise but I may feel different if I begin to lose weight......and also the dog breath :eek: I really don't want to be knocking my colleagues over with my breath - it was bad enough with the wind on SW :eek:

I have 2 birthdays this month and another in June - planning to stick to it this month but maybe come out of Ketosis for the one in June - you can see I like to plan ahead!

I go on holiday for 3 weeks at the end of July and my own birthday is on the 15th July so this is when I plan to refeed and come off for my holiday - to be honest my target weight is only around 11 stone so that should be doable......................and I can't afford a whole new holiday wardrobe!

So I've started on my water this morning and taken my multi vit - planning on having the oatmeal for breakfast later on as I never eat first thing in the morning, I'll probably have a shake for mid afternoon and a meal and some veg for dinner and save the bar for a treat tonight.

I'm lucky that I live alone - don't know how those that have families manage to stick to it - my will power is too weak - I haven't really got food in that can tempt me unless I get desperate and attack the mushy peas left over from the SW diet (if you've done SW - you'll know what I mean lol)

My weakest time is when I get in from work at about 4.30 and I can binge at this time - even if I'm not that hungry :eek: have got Asda's diet coke, peppermint tea and buillon so try to distract me because if I eat then, I will be looking for something later on.

Hope this all makes sense and I haven't bored you to death - I have never kept a diary on here before but think it'll help to keep me on track - so thanks for reading - I've read so many other's diaries which have really prepared and inspired me :D.

Will be back at the end of the day to report on my meals :)

Last edited:
Morning Debbie :) here to follow good luck and I'm sure you will be at your holiday weight in no time. Danii

Good luck. I'm starting today as well x

Good luck Debbi. You are in the right place.

Thanks for all the good luck messages :)

I was up early and drank a Ltr of water and 1 coffee until about 11ish.

Had Oatmeal - I like this but made it a little bit too thin but it got thicker as I left it for about 5 mins standing time.

Drank a 75ml bottle of water.

Got a bit hungry at about 2pm but was going out to see a friend so had half a choc and almond bar - it was ok - a bit like marzipan but not as strong flavour.

Went to a couple of friends and took a couple of Peppermint teabags - forgot to take water with me.

Was quite hungry when I got back at 5.30 - had put cabbage and leeks in the steamer before I went so they only needed heating up - had with cottage pie then other half of bar and more water.

Didn't really feel satisfied and had a cup of bouillon which really hit the spot - think this may be a help to me as I liked the taste and felt quite full afterwards.

Got a bottle of water with me and have a shake left for later - still got some milk so may add this - does it matter if you don't have it?

So Day1 nearly done without much trouble but am aware it will probably get harder over the next few days...............and there's still the evening to go!

Day 2
Up early - 1Ltr water and a coffee with skimmed milk.
Late breakfast - Oatmeal made with water.

Went to town - had a large Americano with skimmed milk.

Lunch Chicken Soup - again quite nice - I must really like processed food lol! Wanted something sweet so had a Praline chocolate bar.

75cl water.

Planning on a meal with 200gm swede later on so had an Asda diet coke and a cup of bouillon throughout the afternoon so far.

I've always been a 'grazer' so find having these drinks throughout the day helps - is this ok? I have found I've not been hungry so far so concerned this might not be ok, although from everything I've read I can't see a problem - any comments welcome - thanks.

I make sure I have at least 2.5 Ltrs of water too.

You seem to be doing really well Debs well done. Not to sure about all the drinks and the amounts allowed but i think its fine. I have just stuck to water and the packs the odd meal here and there. Although i had 2 cups of tea last night as needed something sweet and the tea did the trick so prob have it now and again but not every day. Although its fine to have it daily. I drink alot of water between 2-4 litres a day so i'm not to bothered. How are you finding the meals? Is there some you enjoy more then others. I see you have the oatmeal, i love (real) oatmeal but just couldn't stomach s and s packs of oatmeal or sweet porrigde the texture and smell was enough for me not to like them i had a taste but just not for me.

You seem to be doing really well Debs well done. Not to sure about all the drinks and the amounts allowed but i think its fine. I have just stuck to water and the packs the odd meal here and there. Although i had 2 cups of tea last night as needed something sweet and the tea did the trick so prob have it now and again but not every day. Although its fine to have it daily. I drink alot of water between 2-4 litres a day so i'm not to bothered. How are you finding the meals? Is there some you enjoy more then others. I see you have the oatmeal, i love (real) oatmeal but just couldn't stomach s and s packs of oatmeal or sweet porrigde the texture and smell was enough for me not to like them i had a taste but just not for me.

Well considering that was only less than an hour ago, I started to get really hungry and just had a meal - so quite a long evening ahead now with just water! Roll on ketosis.

Just had the silver pack chilli - it was a bit bland - maybe add some paprika or chilli powder to it next time - had the cottage pie last night but with what seemed like loads of cabbage and leeks - I though that was ok.

I prefer savoury food really but bought quite a lot of shakes because I thought I'd want a 'treat' - I suppose I'll know what suits me best over the next couple of weeks, having ordered the men's month pack I will not waste anything anyway - I'm too mean to let any go to waste lol!

Hey hun.... Is it diet coke or coke zero.... Zero is 'allowed' but diet has citric acid in which can cause problems for some peope........

The water and boillion is fine as far as i know..... I personally limit anything with caffenine as it can cause you to hold water!!! X

Hey hun.... Is it diet coke or coke zero.... Zero is 'allowed' but diet has citric acid in which can cause problems for some peope........

The water and boillion is fine as far as i know..... I personally limit anything with caffenine as it can cause you to hold water!!! X

Thanks Deezer - it's Asda Diet Coke which it say on the S&S website is ok - it was more the fact that I'm still sort of grazing although it's on 'allowable' drinks - I think I'm worried because I haven't been that hungry really so convinced I've been doing something wrong!

Ps No citric acid in Asda's own - just mallic acid which I'm sure I read here is ok?

Thanks Deezer - it's Asda Diet Coke which it say on the S&S website is ok - it was more the fact that I'm still sort of grazing although it's on 'allowable' drinks - I think I'm worried because I haven't been that hungry really so convinced I've been doing something wrong!

Ps No citric acid in Asda's own - just mallic acid which I'm sure I read here is ok?

Ooooh in that case its fine hun!!! THe drinks are fine hun.... sure if you were having liek 10 cups the salt ight have an impact hun!!!

You will feel less hungry as your stomachs shrinking and ketosis will start to kick in!!!

How you finding it?? X

To be honest a lot easier than I thought but it's early days yet - thanks for looking at my diary x. Only one cup of bouillon and 1 glass Diet Coke
I actually feel stuffed now after the chilli and swede!

Start of Day 3
I was quite hungry last night but went to bed quite early and woke up with an odd taste in my mouth but that might just be morning breath lol!

Not sure I've bought the right combination of meals for taking to work as I don't want to draw attention to this because I think people may be critical. Have boiled 2 eggs and just had one to try to kick start my metabolism.

Taking half a bar and a spicy spaghetti to work - I start at 8 but don't get lunch until 1pm so wondering how I'll get on. Think I'll be ok because this will leave me a shake, the other egg which I'll have with lettuce spring onion and cucumber and half a bar this evening. Will try to stick to 1 coffee at work too - well better actually get ready!!

Have a great day! Keep strong! Funny taste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ketosis ahoy! Things will start to get easier now! X

OOh work was harder than I thought it would be - usually I'm better on diets when I'm at work but that's probably because I graze on fruit - I was hungry quite a lot but drank lots of water. People could hear my stomach rumbling - funny taste in my mouth has gone so don't think I'm in ketosis yet - bought some stix so will give them a go tomorrow and see.

Day 3 100% so far and I know it'll just be trial and error as to what to take to work.

Had spicy spaghetti today which was ok but my lunch was so rushed and the bowl wasn't big enough so it spilled over the sides - doh!
Dark choc and coconut bar - think I really was expecting a bounty bar - tried 3 bars now - they've all been pretty much the same apart from a slight flavour of what they're supposed to be.

I will get on the scales tomorrow - I can't wait for a full week!

Thanks for the support Deezer and Lanarkwitch :)

Good luck Debbie, you're doing really well! And well done for planning ahead, that will definitely be useful for losing weight!!!

I found day 4 & 5 the hardest but once that passes I think it gets a little easier!

x

Back