Deciding if i should switch?

Sonia1976

Hi everyone, just after some advice, I'm currently following the sw diet, have list just over a stone but am slowly getting bored :-(. Wondered if I should try ww? Would I need to join a group or can I do off my own back? X

I swapped from sw in march and have never looked back but I personally have to go to class as I tend to cheat if I don't have a group to answer to lol. Loads of people do manage on their own though!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

HIi!

I used to do SW, lost 2 1/2 stone on it but then got board of it, left and put it all back on if not more. I have been on and off it since last september without much success. I started weightwatchers a couple of weeks ago and are finding it better because you can eat anything you want (as long as you point it) and it's much more controlled i.e. portion sizes.

Claire

Thank you so much for your reply's.:) just a bit worried that after sw I will not be able to give up my portions, as you can eat as much as you like. I'm scared I'm going to eat the wrong things on ww. I have to do something though as loosing my interest in sw. I'm eating the same things day in day out. :-( I have severe depression also which is bad at the mo. Everything is getting on top of me and I don't want to put the weight back on, already gained 3lbs this week:-( x

Hey hunnie! I too have done SW and my mum and her partner lost a lot on it. I just didn't get on with it as i was too limited and found I ate far too much but got bored of eating the free stuff. I bet if you tried WW, your sw background will be a great help as you know what the good choices are. I had a friend who used to starve all day then have a takeaway-this just doesn't work long term. I like the fact I can have anything on WW but have to stay within points but try to keep it healthy too.
I keep my food diary on here and dont go to a class, some ppl sware by the classes thou so just depends on you really. Good luck on what you decide.

Kimbo1101 said:
Hey hunnie! I too have done SW and my mum and her partner lost a lot on it. I just didn't get on with it as i was too limited and found I ate far too much but got bored of eating the free stuff. I bet if you tried WW, your sw background will be a great help as you know what the good choices are. I had a friend who used to starve all day then have a takeaway-this just doesn't work long term. I like the fact I can have anything on WW but have to stay within points but try to keep it healthy too.
I keep my food diary on here and dont go to a class, some ppl sware by the classes thou so just depends on you really. Good luck on what you decide.

Hi ya, thank you so much for ur reply, I managed to lose a stone on sw but sts for 4 weeks.:-(
Been doing ww for 3 days now and enjoying it so much. Can actually eat normal food. Let's hope it's working when get to weigh in on wednesday. Good luck with your weight loss. X
How do u keep a diary on here? X

Hey chick, if you look you can see a part of the weight watchers section is Weight Watchers - food diaries. Lot of us keep diaries here and get inspiration from each other. Hope its going well, I'm on the pp diet 4 weeks now. Only lost 3lb so far so slowly but surely but its going the right way! I did do the old points last year and lost over 20lb in about 3 months. Back to lose the rest now hehe! Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great! :D x

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

I did enjoy sw, but found there was little flexability for real life (eating out, eating on the run, totm munchies lol). So I swapped to ww. I'm loving Pro points, it is teaching me portion control, healthy choice eating whilst out and about and flexibility to eat out (I'm going to pizza express and cinema tomorrow, and with bit of planning have enough points to eat what I want without feeling guilty).

I think it really depends on your lifestyle, if u always eat at home and hate weighing stuff then sw is probably a good diet.

I much prefer pro points to the discovery plan

I also much prefer the ww meetings!

Never attended a group

I joined WW online in March, the thought of attending group sessions was a real barrier for me, so the online version was just the perfect tool.

I have lost around 15kg so far, however, I don't think I could have done it without the app for either my iPad or iPod, in fact, I bought the iPod specifically to give me support on the move.

These apps do however, because my devices are wireless, give problems when there is no Internet connection. They do track stuff off line, though they progressively get slower as you add stuff.

Obviously a devices that are mobile phone enabled do not have such issues.

Following on from this, I want to ask if anyone else has experience of using other mobile devices and if WW apps are available for these?

What kinda phone do you have? There are apps for android and iphones if you have either of those? I primarily use my phone for everything from tracking to calculating pp to using minimins :)

I don't really have a decent mobile phone, and don't consider this an issue, however, I have been trying to encourage a friend to join up. I think he has a Blackberry.

Hmm you really need an android phone or something for the apps. Iphones are very pricey but you can get an android one very cheap... Mine was over 400 quid but that's a top of the range one, there are cheaper ones. Look into it anyways, it is very handy... Dunno what I'd do without my phone. (I'm not an apple lover so won't buy an ipad or iphone a they're overpriced imo). X

I also considering swaping, have been on sw for just over a month but constantly feel bloated, have done ww before and prefer the fact that you can have what you want.
Can you get the app on a blackberry?

loubylou987 said:
I also considering swaping, have been on sw for just over a month but constantly feel bloated, have done ww before and prefer the fact that you can have what you want.
Can you get the app on a blackberry?

There is an app for blackberry but its not quite as goods as the iphone or android apps. Should do the job though!

the app i have on my blackberry is the ww calculator which works fine but that's all it does, it doesn't include a tracker

Have joined back up again tonight so will definatly be downloading the bb app!

Wow I'm so pleased I switched for sw to ww, had my weigh in this morning and have lost 5lbs, I never lost that much in a week on sw. I have been a bit hungry as got used to big portions on sw but like have the normal foods and loose weight. :) x

Ive only been back on ww for one day but feel so much better already. Nowhere as bloated as before and was lovely to be able to have pizza for my tea last night instead of pasta or bacon which I felt like I lived on while doing sw!

Back