Decision time please help me

positively_purple

I've discovered this morning that I'm at my heaviest ever Of 16:5 and I'm devastated. I've tried Slimming world off and on for 5 years...ww once about 10 years ago. There's unislim here but I've never tried it. I feel I need a class as I can't do it alone. Which plan is best please do you think? I'm a busy working mum of 2 so time is precious. All comments and advice most gratefully accepted

It's really a question of finding which plan suits you and your lifestyle. Something you can stick to week in, week out.

If you want a club, slimming world, weight watchers, Rosemary Connelly and lighter life all do group sessions. There is a lot of information on minimins about them all for you to look at.

I like big portions and practicing more normal eating habits, so I am on SW but I have tried almost everything.

Good luck!

It depends what you're looking for in a 'diet' and how much you are able to commit.

For example - I tried WW a couple of years ago and after 6 weeks I'd lost 1 1/2 stone - Brilliant! However, after that point I was getting a bit bored and hungry and it soon piled back on. On Slimming World, however, I'd only lost 1 stone 1 1/2 lbs after 6 weeks, but I was enjoying myself! (and had more to lose!) I find SW much easier to stick to and 9 months down the line, I'm still on it and almost at my 4 stone target. It's swings and roundabouts really.

I think if you need more structure, WW works best. The points structure is quite easy to follow once you get the hang of it, but you need to be careful otherwise you waste your points on junk rather than eating filling healthy food.

Slimming World is great if you go out a lot - there's so many free foods that it's easy to make healthy choices while out (no points calculating to be seen!). You still get your syns, which are just enough to not feel like you're missing out.

Personally, I love Slimming World, and I really do think that it has long term staying power, but that's just my opinion!

I'm afraid cos I've tried sw and failed so many times:-( but I think the rigidity of we may not suit either

Sent from my C5303 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I could not stick to weight watchers. I was just so hungry all the time. I have failed slimming world many times too but I am trying again. Maybe this time you will be more motivated and able to stick to the plan? I wish you luck.

I wouldn't worry my love about trying sw again when you've tried it before and it's not worked. I've found that I have all of the best intentions to loose weight but because i've never had that massive drive to do it i've never stuck to anything. Maybe the way that you're feeling will shock you into sticking at it long term. Do you have someone that you can go to the classes with? I know it's hard hun and there's days when you feel like nothing will ever work, but I promise you if you stick to it you will get there. 2014 is your year! xxxx

Thanks for all the kind words of support. Had a pretty miserable Christmas as my son (8) annonvced at the Christmas dinner table that he was being bullied and some of the things that were hurting him were that they were calling me fatty and god love him he said mummy I had to tell a white lie I told them you weren't fat that youre lovely. Poor wee man!

So this has spurred me. I havent been particularly good but I got me a treadmill for Christmas and im gonna to at least make a start and back to weighing in next week.

Thanks again

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oh no that's not exactly what you want to hear. Unfortunately the things you don't want to hear are the things that helped. I've had someone ask my before when my baby was due - I wasn't pregnant! But I know I never want to feel that way again and that's what helps keep me going.

You'll do it my love xxx

Just looking at our stats, we both want that magical 10 stone ;-) good luck on your journey x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yeah but your stats show you have a stone less than me to loose! Good luck to you as well my love xx

well you are still lighter than me, i'm at 17stone 5lbs so you're still ahead of me. No sad faces! only happy ones! x

That we will Purple, that we will my love. If you ever need anything then just lemme know :) xx

Back