Decisions decisions! Help please!

xgeorgix

I'm currently calorie counting and have lost 2 stone so far. My mum is starting slimming world on Monday and I really want to join her. I have tried sw before half heartedly and just fell off the wagon, now I'm in the right mindset and I think doing it with someone would really help. I'm just a bit worried that my body is used to calorie counting and that I won't loose weight doing it. Has anyone else been in this situation and lost weight??? I just think slimming world would suit my lifestyle better and I miss pasta on cc! Xx

I wasnt calorie counting but i went back to sw after a vlcd but there was a week or so between me stopping the vlcd and starting sw. Since rejoining in june i have nearly lost 2 stone and only gained once because i went off plan. As long as you follow plan you will lose, you may not lose the first week as you body is adjusting but after that you should lose x

I like the advice above! Good luck with it, i have CC before with excellent results but this is so much easier and you still get results!

Hey Hun
I wanted to reply saying I've recently rejoined slimming world and it has been the best decision I've made. I used to count and measure food but since rejoining I have been a child in a sweet shop especially with potatoes and pasta. If you just follow the plan you follow and enjoy your free food I don't think you've got anything to worry about. I joined just over a week ago and have lost 3lbs just from eating loads of free food and following the Green Days.
Good Luck Hun :)

I started calorie counting in January and the joined SW on October 3rd as I was sick of having to check EVERYTHING before I ate it so started eating the same foods all the time. It became quite repetitive. I liked the idea of the freedom that SW offered as you only have to 'count' healthy extras and syns.

Apparently, if after 12 weeks (I think) you haven't lost any weight, you get all your money back. So either way, you have nothing to lose but weight. Plus, so long as you stay within 3lb of your target weight (once reached) you get to go to meetings for free.

Good luck.

Slimming World works by restricting your foods to mostly healthy ones, and filling up on low calorie foods, thereby lowering your calories overall. It's an easier way of dieting than calorie counting, and also promotes healthy eating, as opposed to calorie counting where you can make up a large part of your diet with junky foods, just not as many of them. Ultimately both methods involve losing weight through eating fewer calories than your body is using. Unless you were severely restricting your calories before SW, or you choose to ignore the part of SW that says only to eat until you're no long hungry (as opposed to stuffing yourself to bursting on masses of pasta) then you should see a loss. :)

Slimming World works by restricting your foods to mostly healthy ones, and filling up on low calorie foods, thereby lowering your calories overall. It's an easier way of dieting than calorie counting, and also promotes healthy eating, as opposed to calorie counting where you can make up a large part of your diet with junky foods, just not as many of them. Ultimately both methods involve losing weight through eating fewer calories than your body is using. Unless you were severely restricting your calories before SW, or you choose to ignore the part of SW that says only to eat until you're no long hungry (as opposed to stuffing yourself to bursting on masses of pasta) then you should see a loss. :)

Great advice here x

Thanks for all the great advice! I'm going to start tomorrow. I'm looking forward to not having to count my fruit and veg! X

No fill your boots! Just remember when you start though that if you cook your fruit, or if its tinned you have to syn it! Other than that all fresh and frozen fruit and veg is free!!!!!!

Online I never have the same day off except Sunday when there's no meetings on near me! So just online me and my mum x

Hopefully the support you get from your mum and everyone here will be enough to keep you motivated.

Online was great for me for a few months but I wasn't losing weight with anyone else so it didn't keep my going. Handy to have someone by your side, encouraging you.

Yea fingers crossed it works! Paid upfront for 3 months so ill see how that goes if not ill consider going to an evening class it's just hard making the same time every week sometimes I finish at five sometimes its half seven so can never plan anything! Thanks x

PrincessLou71186 said:
Would I be right in thinking there are a lot more recipes available online?

There are a lot on there yes! When i looked at the comparison chart classes v online it said classes 250+ recipes and online 1000+ recipes x

Back