*deep breath* Here we go!

Franpod

Right, hello everyone!

This is my story. I'm a bit of a lifer when it comes to dieting. In 2012 I went from 15.5st to 10.5st and made a lot of changes for the better. I did it with the help of an expensive diet clinic. (5ft 7 btw) Some habits stuck, some didn't.

I was happily hovering at about the 11st mark until I went to the states last year on a 3 week holiday, which led on into studying part-time for my masters as soon as I came home, which rolled me into Christmas, St. Patrick's Day . . . ! As you may have guessed, I never quite got around to getting back on track. :rolleyes:

So, in July my wonderful boyfriend became my wonderful fiancé and then came all the celebrations that went along with that! I enjoyed it, but now's the time to knuckle down and get back on track.

So, we're getting married in July next year and I'm teetering above the 13s at the moment. It's got to go. It really has to. I've picked the wedding dress. The bridal shop girl is holding off taking my measurements until February, and these extra lbs have outstayed their welcome!

Right then, I did some homework and soul searching and decided that I really need a weekly weigh-in. Last week I joined SW close to where I live (commitment no. 1). The diet is not that different from the food I already eat, and the weigh-in gives me focus and extra incentive to decline whatever sugary rubbish might happen to find itself in front of me. It's relatively inexpensive. So far I've had a week of healthy eating. No problems.

Also, in the back room there's a treadmill that I acquired last year. I've decided to do a 40 minute/3 mile walk on it each day (commitment no. 2). So far so good. Oh yeah, and I joined minimins (commitment no. 3) just because everyone on here always seems so positive and supportive and there may be times when I could use some of that good stuff. Last one (no.4), alcoholic drinks only when I'm celebrating something. Sitting in watching the telly is not a good enough occasion to have a drink.

I've also resolved to do my best to just keep going and not be too hard on myself if I slip up.

If you're reading this, I hope I haven't put you to sleep. (I've just noticed that it is quite a long post!)

Wish me luck. . .

Back