Delicious Aubergine & Tomato Bake!

Charlotte-Eve

x It's my year to shine x
Hi all, thought i'd share this recipe - found it in an old Your Week and converted the points to Propoints. It's meant to serve 2, but I was pretty greedy and ate the whole lot! Super, super filling and yummy.

6PP for the whole lot, or 3PP per serving.

250g tomatoes, sliced (0)
300g aubergine, sliced (0)
50g Tesco light mozarella, sliced/ripped (4)
30g Tesco light mature cheese, grated (2)
Pasatta (not too much, pour to your taste)
Fresh basil (optional)
frylight spray

Original recipe said to use WW Napoletana sauce tub (not pasatta), but I didn't have any. If you use it, remember to add on it's points :)

Spray a baking tray with frylight and place on aubergine. Spray aubergine and put in oven at 190 (170 fan) for 15 mins.

Allow to cool.

Line an ovenproof dish with a layer of the aubergine (approx 1/3), then 1/3 of the tomatoes, 1/3 mozarella and a layer of the pasatta/sauce.

Repeat until dish is full and you've run out of layers :)

Sprinkle grated cheese on top. Add fresh basil if you wish!

Bake for 30 minutes.

EAT!

I used quite a bit of pasatta, and it ended up a little "flooded" - still delicious but could easily get away with less. Not sure if using a whole tub of the WW sauce would be better, it may well be as it's thicker, but it's not free.. :p

Thanks for posting this. I saw it in your food diary few days ago and I was going to ask for the recipe. I love aubergines. :)

Many thanks Charlotte-Eve for posting this. I'm certainly going to give it a try

Thank You so much for this, I made it last night & it was super yummy!! You've even solved my problem of what to make for my MIL & SIL at the weekend as they are both veggie & im thinking of adding mince or quorn to it for the blokes!!!
xxx

Thank You so much for this, I made it last night & it was super yummy!! You've even solved my problem of what to make for my MIL & SIL at the weekend as they are both veggie & im thinking of adding mince or quorn to it for the blokes!!!
xxx

Aaah I'm glad you all like it! Such a filling, yummy meal for hardly any points.

Oooh Quorn/mince would make it into a pasta-free type lasagne, that would be delish! I've thought about adding extra veggies too, maybe some peppers and onion :eek:

Back