Delicious Chicken Bhuna-You must try this!!

MrsHop

I make this Chicken Curry all the time so Im relieved that it is Dukan friendly. It is so simple and easy to make and tastes so authentic.

• 800g Diced Chicken
  • 1 Cup/300ml Water or Chicken Stock
  • 2 Small white onions finely chopped
  • 2 Teaspoons Ginger Puree
  • 2 Teaspoons Garlic Puree
  • 1 Teaspoon Tumeric Powder
  • 4 Teaspoons Mild Curry Powder
  • 1 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
  • 2 Teaspoons Garam Masala
  • 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
  • 100ml Natural Fat FreeYogurt
  • 4 Tablespoons Tomato Puree
  • 100ml Pureed Onion

Serves 4

To make the Onion Puree, bring a small pan of water to the boil and add some chopped onions. Boil until soft, drain and puree with a hand blender or in a food processor. Freeze any extra you make for next time. Heat a large saucepan on a high heat. Once it is hot add the whole seeds and toast them until they sizzle and crackle. Then add the chopped onions and reduce the heat to low (you may need a little spray of oil or water). You can optionally add 1 or 2 Whole Saar Anise which help bring out the sweetness of the onions and imparts a subtle aniseed flavour but remove them once the onions are cooked. Cook the onions gently and slowly until they turn a golden brown colour.
Make a paste of the ginger puree, garlic puree, curry powder, Turmeric powder, Chilli powder, with a little water. Add to saucepan and stir in well and fry for a couple of minutes.
Now add your 800g Diced Chicken and stir in well.

Mix the Yogurt, Tomato Puree, Onion Puree, together in a jug with the water or stock and pour into the saucepan and mix in well. Turn up the heat until the sauce begins to simmer and leave to simmer for 15-20 Minutes. Stir occasionally. Finally sprinkle in the Garam masala and stir in well for the final 2 minutes of cooking.

I serve with cauliflour rice. I could eat it all day!!!

Just one question, I know it would be ok for PV days but what about PP? Just the tomato puree and onion puree that I am wondering about.

Enjoy
Sarah
x

Just one question, I know it would be ok for PV days but what about PP? Just the tomato puree and onion puree that I am wondering about.
x

Yumm, sounds delicious! I love curries too, and it's great that they are Dukan-friendly. Do you marinade the chicken beforehand?

I do use some onion and tomato even on PP days, but according to the book, the quantity has to be small. 100ml of onion definitely classifies as veg and not just 'flavoring', but I'm sure you could reduce the quantities of tomato and onion and still have a delicious curry. I don't know if there is an exact amount out there - just try and see how it goes!

Back