Depressed now :( weigh in this morning

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by polishrose, 8 May 2009 Social URL.

1. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    exantecambridge
    I knew I hadn't lost much as I feel quite bloated and constipated but I wasn't expecting today's result :( I didn't lose ANYTHING!Not even half a pound.Really struggling now.I did lose some half an inch off my bust, half off my waist, an inch off my hips and an inch off my thighs....but I'm so upset about not losing anything at all.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Slimbride2009

Slimbride2009 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(20.12%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Oh hun don't be down! Like you dsaid you're constipated so that's probably contributed... How's your water intake? Maybe drink a bit more this week? Plus like you said you'rve lost inches which is the most important thing! I'd rather the scale read 20st and I had a 26 inch waist than the other way around! Good luck and stay positive, can you imagine how huge your loss will be next week with this week's STS? Almost worth staying the same!!!

4. Pichi

Pichi Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Try to stay positive! I would feel supersad if I didn't loose any one week, but just look at those inches! If you've lost inches you've lost something. The scales cannot always be trusted as you might be retaining water and so on. Keep up the good work!

5. Watergirl

Watergirl Rock Solid

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.24%)
    Diet:
    Exante + Protein + Weights!
    I'm sure like others have said that you'll lose next week :) I know that doesn't help now and it can be demotivating.

You're doing so, so well though. Think of it as a blip and I bet once you've been to the toilet you'll feel less bloated. x

6. wannabesize10

wannabesize10 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Same boat ..however working it out when i got home i lost 1lb this week ...could have cried my eyes out as i have ben 100% like you and over bank holiday even past up the best meal ever etc i wanted to be rewarded in lbs loss - but others said to me as long as your sticky to the diet it will come off i like you was constipated ... & i really feel that had a lot to do with it drink lots of water this week and stick with it don't let this cause a blip you can do this sweetie ... here is to next's week Wi ...and inch loss is fantatsic !!
    xx

7. diva76

diva76 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Chin up, hun! I am happy for you that you atleast lost those inches - I have read on the other threads that this can happen even if you are 100% on the diet. Look on the bright side, your clothes must be feeling great to wear with the inches gone ;-)

8. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    exantecambridge
    Thanks all-at least I can count on you all for support unlike my OH who is no help whatsoever.

9. Lin18

Lin18 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st4lb(40.16%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Im gutted when i have a small loss, we all expect so much beacause we dont eat at all, but i will repeat what other have said it will be water retention, inches are deffo coming off, saw your pics, that should be enough to get though till next weigh in

10. Madge73

Madge73 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Bet you have a good loss next week!!! Those inches off are brilliant...keep at it and keep your much slimmer chin up!!

Kirsty

11. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I stayed the same the other week, it was hard going but I stuck to it and am very happy I did

12. tillyfloss

tillyfloss Gold Member

Hi Rose,,,
    I always look at peoples loss stats for inspiration and I have noticed people do have sts weeks even when they have been 100%
    I think sometimes your body just has a rest, takes stock of it's diminishing size and holds onto some water...
    Plus all the hormonal fluctuations we women get....
    I'm sure when it happens to me, I too will be fed up.. but keep going and I'm sure next week you will get a pleasant surprise :)

x

13. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    There is a theory that when we're losing weight, our fat cells, whilst in the process of shrinking (you don't get rid of them completely unless you have them sucked out by liposuction or literally cut away from you :eek:), fill up with water instead.

It's a theory - no one quite knows if it's true - but it's a theory I quite like, especially when you have STS weeks. All of a sudden, those fat cells will give up trying to hold on to the water and you'll have a visit from what the low carb diet brigade call the 'whoosh fairy' and drop 2-3 pounds seemingly overnight... :bliss:

Here's a link to Lyle McDonald's website - he's the guy who's suggested the theory. This is the post in which he explains it all a bit more: Fat cell water content and fat loss - BodyRecomposition Support Forums

So stay strong, okay? It's coming off - and you will see results. It's just you might have to wait until next week to see what they are!

14. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    exantecambridge
    Lily that's really interesting :) Off to go and read that now.

curlywurly1234 likes this.
  15. Sunshine Singer

Sunshine Singer Dropped White Sugar & Feeling Fantastic

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.87%)
    Diet:
    No white sugar
    Honey, You're pictures last night are really impressive. Just hang on to how much you've lost and how far you've come. It's so frustrating when this happens but we have to look at next weeks weighin instead and think at least no weight has gone on and you've kept off those pounds. You can do this fellow Shrinklie. Big hug x

16. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(42.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hey hon .
    big hugs to you as I know it must be such a disappointment when that happens especially if you have been so good all week.
    My cdc always says to me that most people have a week where they dont lose anything and not to be disappointed.
    You have done extremely welk so far . 57 pounds in 9 weeks is unreal..
    Chin up hon you are doing amazing!!! I am sure you will have a big loss next week our bodies work in such strange ways..
    xxxx

17. Luci-De-Milo

Luci-De-Milo is going to do this!

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(17.06%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet (CD)
    Oh hun I'm sorry you feel bad :( Try upping your water intake, your body must be retaining water as you aren't drinking enough (which would also explain why you're constipated)

You say you haven't lost anything but you have! The proof is in the inches off, and what your body looks like is much more important than how much you actually weigh - no-one is going to see your weight but they are going to see YOU, and your body. I'd rather have inches off and no weight, than weight but looking the same!

Chin up, keep going, you've done so well so far :) xxx

polishrose likes this.
  18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. tillyfloss

tillyfloss Gold Member

Thats an interesting article Lilly....
    I was reading about dehydration and how this causes the fat cells to hold onto water... and when enough water is present, water from the cells is released too...
    An incentive to keep sipping!
    x

20. Lexie_dog

Lexie_dog UNLEASHING THE BEAST!

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.57%)
    Diet:
    SW, minimal bread!
    Bet you get a whoosh next week.

Hang in there chick, it will happen for you!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.