Depression on SS

Seaneen

Short and pink
I don't mean to bring anybody down but does anyone else find that pre-existing depression or just general malaise gets worse on this diet? One of the reasons I keep stopping it is because I feel quite down doing it. I have manic depression so it's probably just my natural swings, but something about SS makes me low.

Is it just me that feels this way?

I don't mean to bring anybody down but does anyone else find that pre-existing depression or just general malaise gets worse on this diet? One of the reasons I keep stopping it is because I feel quite down doing it. I have manic depression so it's probably just my natural swings, but something about SS makes me low.

I used to suffer from severe depression and panic attacks. I hadnt long stopped my meds before starting CD.

I had a discussion with my doc about it and he said it may enhance symptoms slightly and he didnt think the meds would be affected.

I think everyone is different tho' I felt terribly depressed and tearful throughout my first week on CD, i still have the odd down day but, i was warned that mood swings can be one of the side effects of CD.

Hope you manage to overcome it. x

Debs x

I feel exactly the same as you. Always get depressed on SS. Hoping the summer will help though xxx

I have had a couple of severe bouts of depression in the past but i was finally able to stop taking medication a year ago.

Its hard to say because i sometimes still have "bad" days when i can be in a terribly black mood and can also have raging mood swings but i dont think they are more frequent since starting CD, but certainly, i have had my moments especially in the first couple of weeks.

Hope you can get past this x

Looking at your BMI you arent that far off changing up through the plans anyway.

Stick with it hun x

debs x

Thank you, glad to know I'm not alone in this. I don't take antidepressants because they trigger mania in me so I have to be super-careful in my lifestyle choices. I just felt like I was being negative about SS!

Thanks for the replies to what is a bit of a tough subject :) Love to you!

This thread has helped me a lot, thank you. I have been feeling what I guess is depression for some time now, & was about to finally bite thew bullet & contact my GP.

Thanks for showing me that this diet can exacerbate this condition, as you have made me determined to get checked out & see if I am right &/or can be helped. xx

This thread has helped me a lot, thank you. I have been feeling what I guess is depression for some time now, & was about to finally bite thew bullet & contact my GP.

Thanks for showing me that this diet can exacerbate this condition, as you have made me determined to get checked out & see if I am right &/or can be helped. xx

Good on yer, bird :) I am really glad you're seeking help.

My depression has got a lot better since having more time to focus on myself and since I stopped self-harming with food. I'd get depressed, binge and get sick and get more depressed. I get depressed... I now can't binge so the cycle is stopped.

Back