Desperate for Help!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jakyky03, 4 February 2009 Social URL.

1. jakyky03

jakyky03 New Member

Hi my name is Cassie. I have been trying for many years to lose weight without any success. I have tried all the fad diets with little success. I am hoping to find another alternative that will help me with my problem. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I am 50+ years old and desperate to better my health. I am very limited on the exercises that I can do due to my weight but I am willing to try anything at this point to better my situation. :wave_cry:

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Hi jakyky03,

Welcome to MiniMins and I hope you will make yourself at home.

I have found it very difficult myself to lose weight and the one that works best for me is a vlcd. I am doing Lipotrim diet.

You will lose weight even if you are unable to do much exercise as this is one of the things about this kind of diet but it is not for the faint hearted as they are a very tough diet to get in on the first week but after that it does become much easier.

Even doing it for a few weeks can give you the kick start that you need to keep going as the weight loss is very motivating.

There are many to choose from and if you have a read around the boards you might find one to suit you and your pocket.

Here is a link to help you make your way around http://www.minimins.com/introductions/46674-new-members-guided-tour-minimins.html

Love Mini xxx

4. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Hi Jaky

I was similar to you a year ago.I am 54.
    Didn't/couldn't do exercise.
    I started Lighter Life in Feb 08 and it has changed mt life. The difference with this diet is that psychology is an integral part of the programme. You re-evaluate your whole relationship with food. It is tough at the start as Mini says, but works so quickly that the rapid weight loss gives incentive to carry on. Your head has to be in the right place to start. Most peoplle who see it through have a particular reason to motivate them to succeed this time. Mine was because my health was not good. I still don't do much exercise, but am so much fitter and more active.
    Everything has improved for me.
    Some people think it's expensive. It is a lot of money to find each week, but if you have a good LLCit's worth every penny and more.
    Good luck whatever you decide.
    :welcome2:

MsJMC likes this.
  5. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi cassie, I did Atkins and it worked for me, everyone is different and it can be hard to find the diet that works for you. Persevere and you'll find it.

6. coffee queen

coffee queen Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    now just trying to eat sensibly
    Hi Cassie I am doing celebrity slim and have lost 12lbs in 2 weeks. I am finding the diet easy and if you have a sweet tooth this may be the diet for you. The shakes are lovely and the meal replacement bars are chewy and nice and sweet, I sometimes feel that I am having a nice biscuit for my lunch. Like you I am not doing much exercise but hope to soon. Good luck with whatever diet you choose

7. joe2009

joe2009 Full Member

Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE DIET
    hi cassie, i'm on the cambridge diet(vlcd) and its working well for me, you would have 3 packs a day or 4 if your over 5,11 in height, packs range from porridge, shakes and soups, also you can have tetra bars after the first few weeks. it take food out of the equation and the results are fantastic, i lost a stone in my first week! yay!! :) good luck with which ever diet you choose!!;)

8. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi
    I am doing WW and so far have lost over 2 1/2 stones through sticking to the right number of points. What type of diet do you want to try?

Irene xx

9. sammylammy

sammylammy Trying Harder

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.6%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi

It really is important to find something you can stick to. I am doing Cambridge but lost 5 stone on Lighter Life before this.

10. shep

shep Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.04%)
    Diet:
    I'm changin my lifestyle not dieting using CS
    Hi Cassie I amdoin the Diet Chef, could't do Cambridge or Lighter Life, so I have tried portion control and it works for me. Hope you find the one for you. Good luck ;)

11. Tanari

Tanari 100% Focused

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Diet:
    S&S
    Welcome to minimins. Good luck on your weight loss journey.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.