Determined to change

smills

Third day of my diet and I've come across this forum. I'm pretty determined at the moment, but struggling none the less. Following the SW extra easy, starting weight 14' 13", 21lbs needed to reach my 10% goal, haven't decided my final goal weight, probably need to do that otherwise I'll stop at 10% which is not enough.
It's taken a lot of thought and preparation to get my meals planned this week. I'm making my own tomato sauce for pasta, roasted a chicken to use over the next couple of days, whereas I would usually revert to the odd ready meal, and I've bought a lot more veg than usual. Haven't upped my exercise, but reading some stories on here is helping me to feel more motivated.
My biggest hurdle is evening snacking. I need to keep myself busy to avoid picking up a handful of nuts or bag of crisps.

hello and welcome :)

Good luck with your lifestyle change, it does take time, but soon becomes a habit..a good habit!

In the evenings, you have the right idea to keep busy :)....an evening walk, a pampering session, a wardrobe clearout, 'phone a firend', keep occupied on here!, have an early night, a little DIY, home decorating project, a mini housework workout :)..etc etc :)

I was an evening snacker...and it works for me!

Good luck and keep focused and keep posting!

Thanks for your support rainbowrose. I've done the pampering session (bubble bath and candles) and had some early nights, managed to finish a book already this week :) will try the other ideas, I'll make a list so that I don't spend time trying to decide which project to do first!
Thanks again!

Sounds like you have prepared really well for the week :) Making a list of things to do sounds good to me

I was definately an evening snacker too - am making sure I eat plenty at breakfast and wierdly enough I am not as hungry in the evening as before - Though I am gradually learning which things have less calories that I can still have a snack if I want to - so far like walkers baked crisps at 100 cals and Petit Filous fromage frais and chocolate dessert at 52 - 82 cals

And like you I found this place really motivating to excercise more, plus it means I can eat a bit more if i want to

All the very best Hope you find what works for you :)

Thanks blossums. Preparation is really key to weight loss I think. I'm following slimming world (I have the books from last time, just doing it myself at home with the help of you guys!) I've found that SW extra easy is the easiest one for me to fit in with family life as everyone can eat the same thing with a few variations.

Started my day with bacon, egg, beans, mushrooms and 'fried' potato. This should keep me going til early afternoon :) Sick of chicken now - I've eaten it for the last 2 days and I still have some left. Anyone know a good low fat curry recipe?

I'm still sticking to it religiously, but it doesn't feel like real life - I'm doing this to lose weight and what I really need to feel is that this is normal. Its only the first week, maybe all I need is time for it to feel normal.

My children have been away this week, the real test will be next week when we're having days out together. More planning required I think :)

Think I may have made a mistake with my meal this evening. Made a Paella thinking that all rice was 'free' on SW EE, but I think it may only be wholegrain rice that's free. Made the Paella totally fat free, with ham, chicken and crayfish. It was delicious, and I made a huge pot, loads left over. Trying to use up the dreaded chicken that I cooked this week :)

Time will tell - Wednesday WI beckons...

Hi

doing well I see, good luck for wi! :)

You'll be surprised how quickly your lifestyle change becomes normal and more like a habit than 'torture' :eek: hee hee

When I first started, i didn't recognise my shopping or my cupboards..completely alien..minus all the goodies!!! :)

Have a great weekend :)

Started my day with bacon, egg, beans, mushrooms and 'fried' potato. This should keep me going til early afternoon :) Sick of chicken now - I've eaten it for the last 2 days and I still have some left. Anyone know a good low fat curry recipe?

I'm still sticking to it religiously, but it doesn't feel like real life - I'm doing this to lose weight and what I really need to feel is that this is normal. Its only the first week, maybe all I need is time for it to feel normal.

I love having bacon and egg for breakfast, being glucose intolerant I can't really cope with beans or potato for brekkie but that sounds really yummy

And yes, maybe you just need to settle into it a little bit, or maybe try different options untill it feels right for you :)

Hope you have a great w/e and good luck for wednesday :)

Well I've stuck to the plan all weekend, despite a strong urge to rebel - I would normally mark the start of the weekend with a take away and a bottle of wine or a night out with the girls. I did have a few glasses of vino on Friday night, but stuck to the Plan on food, and overall for the week I'm under my allowance for syns.

I really do have high hopes for my wi on Wednesday.

I've felt rubbish all week, but I know from experience that the headaches and feeling low will pass after the first 7-10 days of a new diet. Sugar withdrawal I guess, reading through other diaries.

Anyway, I have my 2 beautiful girls home now, they got home last night. If they sold a drug that made you feel as happy as I did when my girls got back, everyone would be addicted! Lots of laughing, singing, silliness and cuddles completely took my mind off food.

Staying focussed today...

well done, keep up the good work x x

post food diary as well we all like to see what is working for others x

Back