Determined to stick to it

Fran81

Hi all,

I'm Fran and I have tried numerous diets before. I have always found low carb works best for me and had some good success on Exante before. I tried restarting a couple of weeks ago and just couldn't stomach the packs anymore. I saw on here someone suggested Slim and Save so I ordered the taster pack. What a difference, I actually like 95% of the packs. Do I restarted 10 days ago and have already list a fantastic 10 pounds. I am sooo pleased. I'm doing a mixture of lifestyle and simplicity as I have a very active toddler and sometimes it's easier not to prepare food. I've not been hungry at all so far although the temptation when feeding DS is tough. I have felt a little but weak in this hot weather but nothing I can't cope with.
So my goal is to get below 200lbs for the first time since I was a teenager. I am Maid of Honour for one of my best friends in November and would like to look fabulous for that. Also from a health point of view my husband and are planning baby number 2 but I'd like to get a bit healthier first.
Looking forward to see if these results continue going forward. I weigh in on a Monday.

:)

well done on your loss so far . I just restarted a few days ago myself love this diet nice cold shakes in this hot weather and so easy to get the water down
not feeling hungry at all cause of the heat as well .
good luck with weight loss journey

Well done Fran xx
I'm a returner also and on day 11 no dear son to run after just a dear dog
here to cheer you on

I have started today and am feeling motivated. Well done on the fantastic loss so far, keep up the great work.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Feeling very positive today. We were having a bbq and I thought I'd really struggle but I made a coriander and cucumber salad and had a steak with it. It was probably a little more than 100g but at least I didn't fall off the wagon completely which I half expected to.
Had a sneaky look on the scales too and this week is looking good. Off to my neighbours little ones baptism tomorrow followed by afternoon tea at my favourite pub - I must resist!!!
We are also planning a big party for my sister in law to be next week as she is off back to India for a year and half. All anyone is talking about is who's cooking what and its going to be very hard not to cave in. I need a good result on Monday to keep me on the straight and narrow.
Ps - loving the Hazelnut shakes yum yum

Fingers crossed for a good loss to stay on the straight and narrow. Sounds like you did well at the BBQ, stay strong for the party, you can do this.

5lbs loss this week :)
Not thrilled only because I was expecting a bit more from my earlier sneaky peek but its still an excellent loss.
I hope everyone else has good results this week.

Beef and cauliflower with the mild curry. Absolutely delicious. Why do I feel guilty for eating it though when its on plan?

A tough few days ahead. Dive club curry night tonight, girls night out at Chiquitos tomorrow and afternoon tea and BBQ Sunday.
I need to find things I can eat at all of them.
BBQ is easy but anyone have any ideas for Indian or Chiquitos?

So weigh in day and I thought it would be a gain with 4 nights out in a row. Tried to stick to plan as best as possible eating out though and have managed a 3lb loss. Very pleased also now lost 5 inches from my waist which is incredible in 3 weeks.

Way to go Fran Well done xx

This week seems to be going much better. 100% Simplicity 2 days running seems to have put me back on track. Only problem I seem to be having is I keep getting pins and needles if I cross my legs. Has anyone experienced this? I'm wondering if I'm not drinking enough or if I'm missing some nutrient.

Well done Fran xx
I've read on here that you can get cramp from having too little salt. As you are constantly emptying your bladder salt and other nutrients get lost. I take a multi vit each day and put salt in porridge and vegetables. Hope this helps xx

I'm wearing my new non stretched, non stretchy, unforgiving size 20 next jeans. And I mean wearing them, not sucked everything in, lie on back, inched zip up, muffin topping out of them. There is no bulging at all. So pleased!!! Only a couple of weeks ago I was struggling to fit 22's. I have my 18 goal jeans at the ready :)

Well done Fran, Wooo Hoooo for the jeans great stuff xx

Thanks. This is why I love this diet, I can stay motivated if I see results, as soon as I stop seeing the weight come off I tend to lose interest. Hopefully that won't happen.

Hubby's been diving and brought home hand caught Scallops. Just trying to work out what to have with them. I'm thinking a rocket salad - yum yum

Went to a wedding reception last night. It was in a Cypriot restaurant and I thought I made good choices but the scales this morning are not happy with me. I know I shouldn't scale hop but I need to know if I'm going off the rails.
Off to a BBQ today so really hoping I still manage a loss for my weigh in tomorrow.

Back