Determined!

Sugarpuff Sophie

I've been dieting now for 3 weeks and I'm really determined to be nice and slim by the time I have to be a bridesmaid for my friend in July.

My determination has now gone much further and I am about to smoke my last ever cigarette. I stupidly started smoking when I was 21 (4 years ago) and regretted it ever since. I will be starting a new job on Monday where I will be in contact with lots and lots of newborn babies so I think it's only fair that I don't stink of dirty fags.

My friends and family can't believe that I'm finally trying to be healthy by losing weight AND giving up smoking. I'm even shocking myself!

Here's to freedom from fat bits and fags!
:D

Woohoo! Congrats on making the decision and good luck with it! :)

Uni did it for me - started smoking while I was there. Graduated last year and decided I wanted to give up... didn't really get round to it until New Years... so on New Years' Eve I smoked my last ever cigarette. Haven't had one in a month and a day, and I really don't miss it to be honest!

If the determination is there, it will happen. Good luck again, I'm sure you don't need it though!

Hi Sophie. I am also a bridesmaid in July (in Cuba for my uncle) and am using that as my motivation. My target is 12st 7lb but not sure if I will manage almost 5st in 5 months! I have lost 12lb in 4 weeks just through healthy eating and exercising, and am joining slimming world on Tuesday, I was referred for 12 weeks free for SW and gym by asking my doctor :) Also started a few exercise classes which I am really enjoying.
Good luck with the stopping smoking, I am going to quit after my goal weight as I don't think I can manage to stop altogether yet, I have cut down to 3 or 4 a day though from 10!
You have done really well so far xx

Hey Sophie,

Well done on making your decison and good luck! :D

Im well jelous of your new job! It sounds awsome!

I need to give up the filthy habbit of smoking to, but im so afraid it will affect my weight. Im sure i will eat more :(

Best of luck for your weightloss and smoke free journey :D

xxx

Woohoo! Congrats on making the decision and good luck with it! :)

Uni did it for me - started smoking while I was there. Graduated last year and decided I wanted to give up... didn't really get round to it until New Years... so on New Years' Eve I smoked my last ever cigarette. Haven't had one in a month and a day, and I really don't miss it to be honest!

If the determination is there, it will happen. Good luck again, I'm sure you don't need it though!

Well Done for quitting :)

Hi Sophie. I am also a bridesmaid in July (in Cuba for my uncle) and am using that as my motivation. My target is 12st 7lb but not sure if I will manage almost 5st in 5 months! I have lost 12lb in 4 weeks just through healthy eating and exercising, and am joining slimming world on Tuesday, I was referred for 12 weeks free for SW and gym by asking my doctor :) Also started a few exercise classes which I am really enjoying.
Good luck with the stopping smoking, I am going to quit after my goal weight as I don't think I can manage to stop altogether yet, I have cut down to 3 or 4 a day though from 10!
You have done really well so far xx

That's weird... my goal is 12st 7lbs too! We can do it! :)

Hey Sophie,

Well done on making your decison and good luck! :D

Im well jelous of your new job! It sounds awsome!

I need to give up the filthy habbit of smoking to, but im so afraid it will affect my weight. Im sure i will eat more :(

Best of luck for your weightloss and smoke free journey :D

xxx

I can't wait to start my new job. I'll be an assistant to Midwives and I'd like to train to be a Midwife at some point in the future.

I read Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking and would recommend it. There's no reason for it to affect your weight loss... read the book and you will see why :)

well done sophie,, not an easy thing to give up cigarettes.. i gave them up 9 years ago but got there in the end.. best of luck to you on your weight loss journey, and just think of how worth it will be in the end:)

Best of luck with it Sophie :)

I gave up smoking just over a year ago, my daughter made a comment when I turned 30 about me having smoked half my life (20 a day since I was 15) and it just chilled me to the bone, I'd smoked all my adult life.
Got some books, patches, inhalator etc and done it.
On my year anniversary I went out for a slap up 3 course meal to celebrate me stopping smoking then I joined sw a week later to tackle my next problem.
Lost 1st 2lbs so far and love my new life so far.
I really do hope it goes great for you and if you ever need a friendly ear then let me know! :) x

well done sophie on the quitting smoking i toyed with idea of quitting but i think im just gonna concentrate on the diet for the moment and pollute my lungs for a little while longer, but the reason your doing it for it completely valid so i hope its not too hard for you to quit. Like Staceylacey i plan to give up once i reach goal-for the moment instead of reaching for the biscuit tin ill have a sneaky smoke instead :) xx

Back