Detox Carol Vorderman Style?

cat_1977

Hi Guys,

I'm sick to death of having acne at 33 so have decided to get drastic. Starting Carol Vorderman's detox on Monday. Dairy doesn't really agree with me so knocking it on the head along with wheat and all the other junk. I really hope my skin clears up as i'm fed up. Just means when i'm finished I'll need to stick to the no dairy lifestyle - and for a cheese lover like me this will be hard.

Obviously hoping amazing things happen on the scales too. Has anyone tried it before? How were the results?

Cathy x

hello Cathy:)

How does that detox works? I never heard about that.

Anyway I can tell you that since I'm a vegetarian (almost vegan, so I avoid dairy and eggs and go through weeks without a single dairy/egg product) my skin increased a lot. When I eat some cheese my skin shows a tiny pimple here and there the next day.

Avoid fatty foods as well.

Drinking around 3-4 litres of water a day is miraculous as well;) My skin is a lot cleaner when I drink close to 3-4 litres of water a day.

Hope that helped somehow.

x

Thanks Aline,

As far as I can make out, the detox essentially turned you into a non wheat eating vegan.

I haven't eaten meat in years but do eat fish. Now and again I try to forgo the dairy but have never fared too well. My skin is just getting unbearable now though so I really think it's time to make a concerted effort to cut it out.

Glad to hear it's improved your skin. Gives me hope!

Will keep you posted!

oh thank you for that info;)

Though it would be hard for me going wheat free (I eat some wheat item everyday, wether it's bread or crackers or pasta...).

Tell me how it goes Cathy:)

Fingers crossed for a skin improvement xx

Will do!

Will rigidly stay away from the dairy but won't beat myself up if the odd slice of bread sneaks in there!
Survived day 1 - will be back in 27 days to report on results - hopefully with radiant skin!

Well one hun;)

xx

im 5'9 and thismorning weighed 17.1lb. im gutted. my ultimate goal is 12stone. but would do a kartwheel if i got to 14stone in the near future. my friend gave me the carol vorderman summer detox book, she swears by it and looks fantastic, so thats where im at today.. it sounds delicious and rite up my street. how have you got on? happy journies everyone :)

Back