Developement: Positives and Negatives please

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Dancing, 29 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Those of you who have done/are doing Developers, please provide me with your opinions.

I did my 100 days with LL, went on holiday and moved to a new location and at that point moved to CD as it was easier.

I've continued my weight loss but as i near my goal I want to move back to LL for RtM. But I have one and half to two stone to go.

I've contacted them re. this and have been told I need to do a refresher/returner course or go back and finish losing the weight in Developers and then move into RtM. (ie I can't go straight from CD to LL RtM). However, not all LLCs hae refresher courses running and i'm limited for choice of LLC anyway. Should I go to Development?

So, what is your opinion of Developers? Will I gain anything or will I just be spending more money to sit in a room of people talking about how they cheated and having to listen to the one or two people that tend to dominate the group????

........ I think there is a developers thread on this site (can't remember as never needed to look - if there is, I'll double post this)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lighterlifeclaire

lighterlifeclaire Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Tesco Diets/ Calorie Counting
    Not got much to say....... had my 2nd week developers meeting last week and my initial opinions are what you suggested.

I can't actually say it's been helpful - Yet. But its early days, I'm giving it a few more weeks before I decide whether to move over to CD... Good luck, whatever u decide xx

4. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    You could go back to LL with, say, half a stone to go, or less, do a couple of weeks developers then move on to RTM?? I only did 2 weeks in Dev before moving on to RTM.
    For me now I am doing RTM I would defo not miss it. I feel it is the most important part of the program. I would highly recommend swapping back if you can sort it out.

5. lemma1968

lemma1968 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(14.5%)
    Diet:
    WW Online -propoints
    how far from goal would you have to be at the end of Foundation to move to RtM?:confused:

Or do you have to lose ALL your weight before you move to RtM?

Its really just expanding a bit on the OP.

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

you can move to rtm at any point you are happy to (as long as you have been on LL)

7. lemma1968

lemma1968 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(14.5%)
    Diet:
    WW Online -propoints
    Aaaahhhh!

I think I understand!

I take it from your OP that you do still lose weight on RtM, is that right?

Just checking cos this is still all new to me..well, actually its greek sometimes but ill get there.:eek:

Thanks xxxx;)

8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

there is no guarantee you will lose weight on RtM - the idea is that as you carb reload and gain water weight, you continue to lose fat (for a period of time) so that you don't get a sudden gain showing on the scales.

However, I see that many people have gone on to lose approx half a stone (7lbs). But it isn't something you would move into hoping to lose another 1 and half to two stone. but i think it will take time for me to move back to LL hence me finding out about my options now

9. silhouettes

silhouettes Silver Member

For me developers has been an essential part of my weight loss journey and aid to understanding how to live my life without using and abusing food as i had before. I get a lot out of the counselling and know that i am not yet ready to deal with real food and need to be lighter (by 1 stone now) and ready psychologically to go to the next stage.
    I have a great counsellor who really helps us to understand how to spot the warning signs of being about to loose control by 'binging' or breaking the diet, realise the situations that make us feel like we want to eat and how to avoid this feeling. I hope you go through development even if only for a few weeks. You can get such a lot out of it.

10. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

thanks silhouettes. I may go with the LLC NetNet uses even though she is an hour's drive from me - with her, I think I'd be happy to do Developers

11. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I found developers useful, it was practicising alot of the techniques learned in RTM and extending different ideas on how we use and view food. I wasn't there for long though - only about 5 weeks. But, if it gets you back in with LL so you can do RTM, I would do it.

RTM is fabulous! I can't speak highly enough of it. Nothing worse than being flung back into the world of food unaided after all that weightloss. I've learned so much more about food and about myself than I ever knew before, and I'm only in RTM week 2!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.