Developing a fear of food?

Determined_one

Hi there. This may sound odd but does anyone find that the longer they diet for they develop a fear of food or of eating in general?

I've been on Slimming World just over 4 months now and I'm finding I'm afraid to eat the wrong foods and I'm obsessing over weight loss. I've been having nightmares (as silly as this sounds) where I eat a whole Dominos or Chinese take out and I wake up feeling so angry with myself and then get ridiculously happy when I realise it wasn't real.

A few friends and family have expressed concern that this isn't a healthy mind set to be falling in to with food. There's a history of anorexia and bulimia in my family and I'm a bit worried that this might have something to do with the way I suddenly seem to have started viewing food.

Any advice on how to break this would be massively appreciated

Thanks Aly101,
My friends and family who i've spoken to have said very much the same thing so I think I will be going to see my GP just in case. A few people in my family close family have suffered from anorexia and bulimia over the years and I really don't want to end up with an eating disorder in my quest to be healthier and live a better lifestyle. That would defeat the whole purpose of what i'm doing in the first place haha. Thank you for sharing your story and for you reply <3

Back