devised my own plan! NO HUNGER so far :-)

weightloss87

Hello guys

I'm new to the board. I currently weigh 11 stone 6lbs and I want to get down to my pre university weight of 9 stone.

I devised my own plan yesterday to help me drop the unwanted pounds. It is as follows :

Breakfast : Porridge (made with skimmed milk and a dollop of low cal jam) and Hot water and Lemon

Lunch : Low cal or homemade soup

Dinner : Fillet of salmon and vegetables

Today I have woke up and my skin is already starting to look clearer and I have got miles more energy.

I am hoping to drop at least a stone by Christmas and to be at my goal by April.

Let me know your ideas on this diet if you want or if you're going to try it yourself xx

Good luck weightloss87, let us know how u get on!!! :) x x x

Hello guys

I'm new to the board. I currently weigh 11 stone 6lbs and I want to get down to my pre university weight of 9 stone.

I devised my own plan yesterday to help me drop the unwanted pounds. It is as follows :

Breakfast : Porridge (made with skimmed milk and a dollop of low cal jam) and Hot water and Lemon

Lunch : Low cal or homemade soup

Dinner : Fillet of salmon and vegetables

Today I have woke up and my skin is already starting to look clearer and I have got miles more energy.

I am hoping to drop at least a stone by Christmas and to be at my goal by April.

Let me know your ideas on this diet if you want or if you're going to try it yourself xx

My advice, weightloss87, would be to switch the jam you're having with the porridge to juicy, plump blueberries. They are gorgeous, naturally sweet, and don't contain any added sugar like jam does. I have porridge with blueberries every morning and can guarantee you will love it :).
If you are wanting to do low carb and get into ketosis, get rid of the lemon in your hot water too. It contains citric acid which takes you out of ketosis. Don't have any sugar (tablet sweetner only is ok). I drink plain hot water every day, you will get used to it;).

Re: homemade soup. Lynn, on one of the other 'very low calorie diets' thread has mentioned that she has some really good low carb soup recipies. Have a browse around. It is really important that you eat enough food, and enough vitamins. Here is another good high protein, low carb meal option - omelette. I have one every day made as follows...

One large egg or two for an evening meal (usually organic, free range:))
A selection of chopped veg, a bit of at least four different ones e.g. mushrooms, peppers (all colours), asparagus, purple sprouting broccolli, mange tout, tomato etc. Chop finely and put in microwave bowl and steam in micro for a minute. This just softens the veg a bit but does not cook it completely.

Protein - could be chopped up cooked chicken breast, ham (get a really nice quality one), tinned tuna, smoked haddock. I also occasionally have a bit of grated cheese - only a very small sprinkling is needed.

Once the veg has been steamed, put to one side.

Crack egg into a microwavable bowl (I have a small, plastic round one, it's ideal). Mix the egg with a fork, add the steamed veg, and the protein and mix together.

Put the bowl back into the microwave, cover, and cook for a couple of minutes, keet checking it, make sure that the middle is cooked.

Serve with a bit of coarse ground pepper, and maybe a bit of watercress on the side.

I have this every day at work, it is delicious and has no added salt, or fat.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Back