diabetic sweets

Discussion in 'GI Diet Support Forum' started by ruth frances, 21 May 2011 Social URL.

1. ruth frances

ruth frances Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.61%)
    Diet:
    Low GI
    I was in the chemist yesterday and they had some bags of sweets at the counter that caught my eye whilst I was paying. They were no sugar diabetic sweets, and when I looked on the back it said they had 'zero net carbs and do not produce an insulin response' This sounds goodI thought.
    they had a few different types - some artificially sweetened, some lowGI natural sweetened. The ones I bought were hard sweets that you suck and were 8 calories each. To be honest I'm not much of a sweets person, but I'm chewing so much gum with the quiting smoking that my cheeks are aching, so its a nice change.
    Anyway they were really nice so I thought I'd let everyone known :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Emmaline

Emmaline Hippety Hop!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.2lb(9.82%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting and low carbs
    Hi Ruth, Just a word about those sweets 'cos I have tried some. They are very nice but beware because if you read the info on them they can cause a lot of wind and sometimes act as a laxative. This I found out initially thro' experience! .... :D
    Enjoy ....:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.