Diana's Daily Delights

DianaS

I have been reading through other food diary's and thought I would have a go at this myself,it might make me stick to it if I put my food diary and thoughts and feelings down. Especially as I tend to eat more if I am having a bad day. So far:
Breakfast:small wholemeal roll without margerine,one egg fried in fry light,two rashers bacon grilled
cherry bakewell alpen bar
banana
black coffee

Lunch:nothing,as was too busy today to sit and have something
Dinner: pasta with a pork ragu sauce (including tomatoes,onions,aubergine)

Last edited:
Breakfast:2 poached eggs,2 rashers bacon,2 tomatoes,mushrooms,beans
Snack:large shortbread biscuit
Lunch:large bag of salted caramel popcorn
Dinner:jacket potato with low fat margerine,salad (cucumber,tomato,radishes,lettuce,spring onion),slices of roast pork and small bit of crackling
Pudding:quater of toffee apple crumble,creme fraiche

Not a good day but not going out for Mother's day and have a healthy hamper planned for a day out

Today i've been doing quite a bit of cooking and been trying a few of the slimming world recipies
Breakfast:ham roll

Lunch:mini slimming world crustless quiche,slimming world syn free hummus with celery and cucumber sticks,slimming world bbq sticky chicken

Dinner:fakeaway kebabs,wholemeal pitta bread,slimming world chilli sauce and salad
Dessert:Slimming world strawberry muffins

Breakfast Overnight oats with strawberries

Mid day snack:banana and a syn free pancake with 2 strawberries chopped up

Lunch:ham and coleslaw roll,2 mini rice krispies bars

Dinner:spaghetti with prawns in a tomato sauce,large salad (spinach,tomatoes,cucumber)
Dessert:Skinny Cow choc mint ice cream

Overall feelings:could be better,but a lot better than the last couple of days

Still sticking with this,went shopping this morning and managed to geet through supermarket and the only thing that I put in the basket that wasn't already on my list were some curly wurlys

Breakfast muesli,mullerlight yoghurt, chopped strawberries

Snack:curly wurly and a banana

Lunch:2 eggs fried in fry light,two rashers of bacon and baked beans

Dinner:meatball casserole (leek,mushrooms,carrot,swede and slimming world meatballs)

Dessert:home made cherry crumble

Feeling more positive today,just been looking through the very inspirational before and after photos on this site,anyway here goes:

Breakfast:Overnight Oats with lots of raspberries and blackberries

Midday snack:tin of spaghetti hoops (really hoping they were syn free as I opened the tin and ended up eating all of them)

Lunch:mushroom omlette,bacon and an apple

Dinner:Tuna Pasta Salad

Snacks bag of tesco sweet and salted popcorn (3.5 syns),curly wurly (6 syns)

Last edited:
Hi popping in to subscribe:)
Do you go to group?
And what day do you weigh in?
It may help if you log syn values and healthy extras, so you know where you are ?
Good luck on your journey:)
Will help if I can, although going through a wobbly patch myself at the moment lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Zafira,Thank you,I am doing Slimming World Online as I can't get to the groups near me,so need as much help as I can possibly get. I weigh in on Thursday morning,although not looking forward to tomorrow as I know I have probably eaten way too much junk food this week. I should be more organised with keeping note of syns and writing down healthy extras,and will definetly be doing this.

Good luck for your weigh in, is it at home or do you use say boots scales?
I up until a couple of weeks ago, had a note book well A5? size (half A4 size) and wrote 'everything' down, it really does help - i need to get back into the habit of it :)
Also it's good to look back on to see what you had on certain weeks -like a good weight loss :)

I was using Boots scales because my old scales were analogue,but bought my own digital bathroom scales so just using those now. I like writing things down,I make lists for everything,I start off with good intentions and write down what i'm going to have and then stray off track when it comes to snacks.

Well done on your weight loss,that's an amazing transformation,you look really different. I can't seem to lose more than 1 to 1.5lbs a week.

I was using Boots scales because my old scales were analogue,but bought my own digital bathroom scales so just using those now. I like writing things down,I make lists for everything,I start off with good intentions and write down what i'm going to have and then stray off track when it comes to snacks.

Well done on your weight loss,that's an amazing transformation,you look really different. I can't seem to lose more than 1 to 1.5lbs a week.

Still got some to go, but am trying to get back on track-keep having chocolate urges and binges! ( my down fall!)-had been good and fully motivated for months, but just lately....:rolleyes:

what sort of snacks do you have/like ?
might be able to give you some ideas?

I have chocolate binges too,and cakes,actually anything sweet. Although I lost 1.5lbs this week,which considering Mother's Day and chocolate and cakes this week,I am very happy because I really thought I was going to put on weight this week. I have been walking a lot more,which I wouldn't have the effort to do before.

Breakfast: Overnight Oats,Strawberry Mullerlight and raspberries (35g oats-HEX B) Skimmed Milk 350ml (HEX A) for teas and coffee

Lunch: Eggs,bacon,beans, 2 quorn sausages (2 syns),mushrooms,tomatoes

Dinner:Honey and Mustard Salmon,Egg noodles,Brocolli,Spinach,Peppers,Cherry Tomatoes (0.5 syns)

Snacks:Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Total Syns-8.5

Last edited:
I have chocolate binges too,and cakes,actually anything sweet. Although I lost 1.5lbs this week,which considering Mother's Day and chocolate and cakes this week,I am very happy because I really thought I was going to put on weight this week. I have been walking a lot more,which I wouldn't have the effort to do before. Breakfast: Overnight Oats,Strawberry Mullerlight and raspberries (35g oats-HEX B) Skimmed Milk 350ml (HEX A) for teas and coffee Lunch: Eggs,bacon,beans, 2 quorn sausages (2 syns),mushrooms,tomatoes Dinner:Honey and Mustard Salmon,Egg noodles,Brocolli,Spinach,Peppers,Cherry Tomatoes (0.5 syns) Dessert:Slices of Honeydew Melon Snacks:Curly Wurly (6 syns)
well done on the loss!
And good on the extra walking do you use a pedometer?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you. No,never used one. It's just mainly to and from my Son's school but a rough total of 1hr20 minutes walking per day,we used to take the bus.

Spent ages trying to sort out things at home and been on the phone for most of the day,so not been very healthy as got off the phone really hungry and not much time to make something but here goes-

Breakfast: Porridge 35g (Hex B), 350ml Skimmed Milk (Hex A),some used in porridge the rest will be used for coffee and tea throughout the day, chopped banana,all good so far :)

Lunch: 3 rashers of grilled bacon, 2 petit pains (10 syns,I think),flora margerine (1.5 syns)

Dinner:Quorn Moussaka,salad

Breakfast- muesli,muller light yoghurt and a banana

Off with my Son to Stonehenge today which will probably involve lots of walking. Taking a picnic which is a massive improvement on what I used to have,

Old picnic tended to consist of: scotch eggs,hummus and pitta bread,cocktail sausages,quiche,Doritos,pasties,fruit,biscuits, chocolate

What I have packed. Pasta salad (consisting of pasta,black olives,drained and rinsed,cherry tomatoes,spring onion,little mozarella balls diced.
Slimming World mini crustless quiche (with red onion,mushrooms,cherry tomatoes)
chicken breast slices
strawberries
Crisps
little chocolate nests that I made with my Son yesterday (being healthy as meant I can now cook things with my Son without feeling guilty)

Ended up walking around half of Wiltshire (it felt like it anyway),after Stonehenge we went to Old Sarum where I even ended up walking around part of the Castle wall (I would never have had the confidence to do this before),even went to Salisbury Cathedral and a walk around a local park. Managed to not go in to any of the Cafes and when asked by my boyfriend if I wanted to stop for an ice cream,I managed to say No thank you and walked past (not sure who was more shocked)

We had fish and chips for dinner as I was too tired to cook and it took 1hr45 minutes to get home by car,I ordered large fish and feeling I would try to be better than normal the small (children's) portion of chips,got home and after eating all the fish including the batter (I know it's syn free, but to me it's the best bit),I found I could only manage a quater of the chips and ended up having to leave the rest (something I probably never would've done before,I think i've finally after all these years found my full button).

Last edited:
Breakfast:2 eggs fried in fry light,2 grilled rashers of bacon,beans,mushrooms,sliced potato fried in actifry,2 quorn sausages (2 syns),small wholemeal bread roll (HEX B), 1 tsp flora light (1 syn),350ml skimmed milk (HEX A)

Dinner:Spring Onion Mash,Honey Mustard Gammon,Carrots,Green Beans,Cauliflower (0.5 syns)

Yesterday was not a good day and really starting to feel like giving up,getting stressed in my daily life and the last thing i'm really wanting to do is to watch what I have been eating, I made some chocolate brownies with walnuts which just happen to be my favourite dessert and had some with ice cream yesterday and since I had fish and chips on Saturday I am really starting to feel fat and frumpy which I guess is an ongoing cycle with me,I feel like i'm heading for my old ways.

Yesterday for breakfast I had overnight oats with pina colada mullerlight and chunks of fresh pineapple,for lunch I had frozen french fries (not particularly good for you) which I cooked in my actifry (I didn't add any extra oil),3 slices of ham,2 eggs fried in fry light,and baked beans and for dinner I fried chicken breast pieces in fry light with some frozen stir fry vegetables and some rice I boiled and added to the mixture,I then put in quite a bit of soy sauce. For snacks yesterday I had a curly wurly,a small bag of fudge cubes,and a chocolate brownie which I warmed slightly in the microwave and then had with a huge portion of vanilla ice cream. Note to self,don't even buy the things then they won't be in the house!

I have taken lamb cubes out of the freezer and went to an outdoor market yesterday where I bought a load of vegetables including aubergines so will be making Summer lamb stew and cous cous for dinner tonight,feeling bad for the past week but onwards and upwards I guess.

Breakfast- Overnight Oats with Summer Berries and raspberry and cranberry muller light yoghurt
Lunch: Tomato Mugshot
Dinner: sweet potato and courgette burger, chips made in acti fry,salad

Back