Diary of a 6ft 1, 23 year old 15st 7lber with an Unhealthy Addiction to Food!

Rex88

So, I'd moaned about my weight for too long and I tried to do something about it. I'd tried eating healthy food but that wasn't very feasible because I just can't resist the bread, mayo, cooking sauces, pasta, fizzy drinks etc, etc and I've been exercising but living in the heart of Liverpool doesn't make it easy to go out jogging due to the fear of being harassed about my weight or worse (both of which have happened in the past), I can't afford a gym membership and working out in an apartment is difficult because the thuds on the floor aren't appreciated by my neighbour so I decided to commit myself to Lipotrim hoping that the cost of the products would guilt me into sticking to it. So far, so okay - I've had a few slips but I'm still giving it my best.

Day Three:
I've been starving all day but I stick it out until I can stick it no longer and I have a soup. Had my three for the day now and thinking about heading on to bed with a cup of Green Tea. I've rekindled my love for sparkling water and am beginning to fear that I might even drink too much but I'll be careful. Feeling a bit lonely and it's great to read everyone's stories on this forum - helps to give me that bit of drive! Hope you're all healthy and getting on well with the diet, thanks for letting me join in!

Rex :)

Hi Rex, sounds like you're doing really well. I can not speak highly enough for Lipotrim - it is the only thing that has ever worked for me.

Regarding the water intake, I am not sure you can have too much water on this diet. I wish I had access to sparkling water out here, ours is all flat. I still manage about 5 litres a day though and that's on top of what I use to mix the sachets up. Last time I was on black or green tea but haven't bothered this time so far.

Mind 6ft 1inch and 15stone 7pound doesn't make you that overweight, surely. I am only 5'10" and my goal weight is just under 16 stone - I started at 20 stone in January and since April my blood pressure has come right down to the point where I was able to come off my blood pressure pills and there is no doubt I feel much better for the weight loss.

Jon, I have just read your diary and it really is inspirational! Was also really interesting to read about your travels :) You've done so well with it, I hope you reach your goal soon. I must say that I treat the sparkling water like a little treat at night (in place of the crisps, chocolate etc) so I feel for you not being able to access it! You've done well with the blood pressure too - health is the most important thing, isn't it? I used to be very sporty and active but that all stopped in my late teens, I can't wait to get down to a healthy weight again! I've looked up the ideal weight for a woman of my height and if I'm to believe what I read, I should be losing 4 stone so that's my ultimate goal! I'm sure you've heard the "You're tall, you can carry weight" speil before and I'm sick of carrying it! lol. What exotic part of the world are you currently in?

Hi Rex, sorry I thought you were a bloke. Not because of your size but because of your name.

You say about "you're tall you can carry the weight", well I am not short but I am not tall either. My problem has always been that I have been heavy for my height. When I have medicals the doctors can't believe my weight compared to my physical appearance. Yes I look overweight but I have never looked as heavy as the scales show that I am. So for me getting under 16 stone I know I look good. I fear that if I lose more I will look ameciated (sp).

Yes the blood pressure thing was a huge step in the right direction and a huge motivator in keeping me going.

With regards to our wherabouts, we are at the top of Sumatra in the Mallaca Straits on our way from Singapore to Mauritius. We have travelled 310 miles so far and have just under 3000 to go which is a lot and takes a long time as we are slow, 5 miles per hour on a good day! We expect to get there on 7th September and then go home while the rig will carry on to Namibia with a new crew where we will rejoin it for the next leg to Las Palmas.

No worries Jon, it is a bit misleading but wanted a pseudonym :) Woow, that sounds like such an interesting job! Would love to try a nautical career at some stage, you must have been to most countries in the world!

Day Four:
This morning started off very positively but as the day progressed, I began to get more and more grumpy. I'm feeling really emotional at the minute and I'm still starving. I've had a spoonful of spaghetti bolognese ( my boyfriend is sick so I made him dinner, couldn't resist a little taste!), I feel like I've eaten a horse and I'm wracked with guilt :(

I am desperate to lose weight and look good as soon as possible because I just feel so down about my appearance but the hunger is getting to me - being the weight I am, I obviously enjoy food and I'm craving badly this evening.

Hope everyone's well.

Rex:cry:

Little update after first weigh in - I went for my first weigh in today hoping it would spur me on for another week and apparently I've put on 10kg :-O but then the pharmacist said that their scales were playing up and her other patient's weights were all messed up too...I really hope that was the case because I haven't eaten anything since Friday! Couldn't believe it - was devastated and feel a bit downhearted about it :( hopefully I get a nice surprise next week.

Rex :)

God thats terrible, if it messed up other peoples weight it should have been changed by the time you were done. The first week is the week you look forward to weigh in. stay strong and have a great week next week

Thanks al30! The pharmacist said she'd ordered new scales so hopefully they're a bit kinder to me next week! How are you getting on? I must say, I've eventually stopped feeling properly hungry (still a bit peckish right enough but doing fine!). Thanks again for the support!

Not too bad first week of restart after my month off is done and lost 9lbs so have lost the 4.5lbs I put on over the months break

Back