Diary of a boredom eater....this is my story.

SianLeighan

I've never really been overweight until just recently. I used to be the girl that could eat what I wanted and never put on weight...up until I was 18 I was a size 10-12. I turned 18 and started drinking heavily, resulting in the next day 'hangover food'. The more I drank the hungrier I was the next day. I got into the habit of eating junk and lots of it. I got into a vicious circle...

Eat loads

Hate my size

Get miserable

Eat loads

etc...

I find that I eat loads when I'm bored or sad and working in an office 10 hours a day gets pretty boring, so it got to the point I was munching constantly throughout the day. If I wasn't eating at work I'd be hungry when I got home so I'd walk to the shop and buy food I didn't really need whilst dinner was cooking and then stuff my face. I'd then proceed to eat dinner after eating sharing bags of crisps and big bars of chocolate.

I have no excuses for why I eat the amount I have done. It just seems to be that bigger I get the worse my eating habits get. I've decided its time for change in my life. I'm a lot happier now in my life than I've been for a few years, all thanks to an amazing boyfriend coming on the scene. Now I don't feel as miserable about everything I think it's time to change. I am doing this for myself though as he says there's a big difference between wanting to lose weight and needing to lose weight (he says I don't need too;he obviously doesn't know the difference
;))

I've started the Tesco's Ultra Slim shakes this week (04/03/2013) and I'm going to see how this works for a few weeks then decide whether I need to adapt what I'm doing.

I've gained over 4 stone in 2 years and previous attempts at WW have failed. I managed to lose 11lb in 6 weeks there but then put that all back on over Christmas 2011 and then gained a further stone and a half in 2012. Whilst doing WW I kept a diary myself to track how well my days had been etc, however I didn't find it very useful. I feel like if I keep track on here, other people will be able to see it and will be there for advice and support, helping me stay motivated.

So this is me. Sian, a 20 year old girl, 14st 5lb with lack of will power.

Monday...

Monday started off a good day.....not. I woke up late for work and therefore didn't have time to make my shakes up for the day. I took the stuff with me to work and mixed one up at lunch time when I started to feel hungry...note to self, shakes do not mix well with a fork - The shake was disgusting and lumpy and could only manage half of it. I wasn't overly hungry so just kept drinking water and made it through the rest of the day on water. Got home and was so hungry I couldn't decide what to eat (I cried about it) and ended up cooking chips, Yorkshire puddings and gravy. (My comfort food)

I went to bed and decided I'd try again Tuesday.

Tuesday...

Tuesday was a better day! The boyfriend phoned me when he got in from work to make sure I woke up. (He's on nights this week so gets in at 6am) I got up and got ready for work, making two shakes with a blender. Had one shake at 10am and one at 1pm on my tea break and lunch break. They tasted so much better being made with the blender. Had a raisin and oat bar(89cal) at 3pm, then came home and had a jacket potato, tuna and salad at 7pm. I drank lots of water today aswell and this seems to stop me feeling hungry.

Feel as if I've had a good day today so I'm looking forward to feeling the same this time tomorrow night!

xxxx

Hello Hun

Great introduction post!! Our stats are so similar and also similar in age so I'm def here to subscribe!!!

Well done on today!! :)

Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done Sian!
I'm doing Tesco Ultraslim too - day 2 of restarting and failing miserably. I'm going to subscribe to your diary, hope you don't mind! I need all the help and motivation I can get! This evening I just pigged out because I'm a bit down in the dumps. Not hungry so didn't need the food!! Ah well, another day tomorrow.
Good luck and I'm going to check in tomorrow to see how your doing xx

Hi, I'm here to follow :) I am a similar weight so you have inspired me to start afresh! Need to control my eating! I have 3 stone to lose so I need to get on with it x

Well done Sian!
I'm doing Tesco Ultraslim too - day 2 of restarting and failing miserably. I'm going to subscribe to your diary, hope you don't mind! I need all the help and motivation I can get! This evening I just pigged out because I'm a bit down in the dumps. Not hungry so didn't need the food!! Ah well, another day tomorrow.
Good luck and I'm going to check in tomorrow to see how your doing xx

I tried it before and failed miserably, I was hungry all the time and couldn't adjust to not eating. I wasn't really in the right frame of mind to be doing it then though. I'm more determined to stick to it this time but we'll see how long it lasts.

Do you have a diary I could follow?xx

Hi, I'm here to follow :) I am a similar weight so you have inspired me to start afresh! Need to control my eating! I have 3 stone to lose so I need to get on with it x

Hi :) I know that feeling, I think coming on here has made me more determined as I see that there is other people similar to me, having the same problems I'm having and it feels better being able to talk to others about it!xx

I tried it before and failed miserably, I was hungry all the time and couldn't adjust to not eating. I wasn't really in the right frame of mind to be doing it then though. I'm more determined to stick to it this time but we'll see how long it lasts.

Do you have a diary I could follow?xx

I don't at the moment but I might start one in the next few days. I am not hungry, I am bored and lonely - hubby is in the forces and away. Today is our wedding anniversary and I am here alone with the baby! He also told me that he is going to be away for her 1st birthday, his birthday, my birthday and Christmas. So I fell back on to the comfort food! Argh! Need to spin this into some kind of positive! I am 26 but I feel 66! Lets drink up those shakes and look fabulous in no time xxx

Definitely. I've had a massive lull with my eating, just binging lots and I really need to get my head back in it. I lost weight on the GI diet before so think I may do that one again x

I don't at the moment but I might start one in the next few days. I am not hungry, I am bored and lonely - hubby is in the forces and away. Today is our wedding anniversary and I am here alone with the baby! He also told me that he is going to be away for her 1st birthday, his birthday, my birthday and Christmas. So I fell back on to the comfort food! Argh! Need to spin this into some kind of positive! I am 26 but I feel 66! Lets drink up those shakes and look fabulous in no time xxx

Huge respect to your husband and all he does. Also massive respect to you for standing by him, I can't imagine what it must be like!

I know that feeling, I'm 20 but I feel so much older! We can support each other and keep each other going :) I'm always around if you just need a chat xxx

Think about him coming back, how do you want to look? Do you want to look fat and feel lazy. Or do you wanna shock him with a nice healthy body and a glowing face with a nice silky smooth hair cut. I know which one I'd want to be. :p

Hello lovely,

How are you getting on today? xxx

Hey hun,

Not doing too bad today but could be better, I'm starting to notice how hungry I'm getting. Wont be able to have dinner till later tonight so I'm gonna struggle, but had a shake at 11 and just finished my second one. Had a rice crispy breakfast bar thing (83 cal) and a bag of quavers (88 cal) so hoping along with lots of water I'll survive till dinner haha.

How about you?xxx

Great Diary :) xx

Hey hun,

Not doing too bad today but could be better, I'm starting to notice how hungry I'm getting. Wont be able to have dinner till later tonight so I'm gonna struggle, but had a shake at 11 and just finished my second one. Had a rice crispy breakfast bar thing (83 cal) and a bag of quavers (88 cal) so hoping along with lots of water I'll survive till dinner haha.

How about you?xxx

ooo your doing well though!! keep going!! eventually your body will get used to less food and the hunger should go!! im all good thanks hun. the day is just dragging now xxx

ooo your doing well though!! keep going!! eventually your body will get used to less food and the hunger should go!! im all good thanks hun. the day is just dragging now xxx

Yeah I know once I've got this first week out the way it'll be a lot easier. Hopefully anyway.

Ah yeah, this last hour seems to have taken forever....I'm only working till 5 tonight though so shouldn't be too bad, although I'm feeling hungry already. Time for another pint of water I think.

I definitely find it easier dieting now I'm working full time, I don't have the temptation of food around me xxx

Yeah I know once I've got this first week out the way it'll be a lot easier. Hopefully anyway.

Ah yeah, this last hour seems to have taken forever....I'm only working till 5 tonight though so shouldn't be too bad, although I'm feeling hungry already. Time for another pint of water I think.

I definitely find it easier dieting now I'm working full time, I don't have the temptation of food around me xxx

yes defo! first week is always the worst!!

yes same!!! its when im at home at weekends or evenings alone when bf goes to football training etc!! thats my prime time to binge lol!!!!

thank god its wednesday .... nearly thurs!! only two more work days left! phew xxxxx

yes defo! first week is always the worst!!

yes same!!! its when im at home at weekends or evenings alone when bf goes to football training etc!! thats my prime time to binge lol!!!!

thank god its wednesday .... nearly thurs!! only two more work days left! phew xxxxx

This weekend and next are gonna be my downfalls...I'm home alone...Usually the bf comes over on a Friday and leaves on a Sunday, he's away for a week, leaves on Saturday. So I'm gonna have to try extra hard to stick at it!

Ah yes! I'm on shorter days all week so hopefully the next 2 go pretty quick!xxxx

Back