Total Solution Diary of a Foodaholic - Operation Uni Graduation

Samprand

WILL do it!
Tomorrow will be my first day back on Exante Total solution. I gave the diet a whirl back in January and managed to lose 17 lbs in 2 weeks. But then I fell off the wagon (as you do!) and piled it all back on plus a little bit more for good measure. So here I am, fatter than ever and getting closer every day to my university graduation next summer - I don't want to be a fat graduate! I'm around 18 stone right now, so need to lose a lot to get down to a healthy BMI. Actually, I need to lose more than a lot, I need to lose about half my body weight which is a really scary thought lol But I'll take it a day at a time, and just hope that I get there eventually!

Today I've been scoffing like I haven't eaten for a month! A bit of last-supper syndrome has kicked in I think lol I'd better make the most of it though, because, as of tomorrow, I WILL be 100% :)

Please feel free to read this diary and leave comments - I've got a feeling I'm going to need all the support I can get :p

Wish me luck....

Day 1 - 17/10

Right well here I go! Day 1 of Exante. I shouldn't have much trouble keeping 100% today as I'm busy until about 8pm, doing voluntary work this morning and I'm working from 11.30-8 so I should be ok (fingers crossed!) I'm taking my bar with me for lunch so that should keep me going, I just hope I can resist biccies and sugar in my tea at work lol

hey hun, we have the aim to lose about the same about, starting on the same day and for one of the same reason ...not to be a fat graduate...wishing you luck!!!

good luck am also graduating nxt summer, I kno the diet is hard and it takes a lot of willpower not to give into cravings, but just try to b strong and resist the urge if u feel like indulging just go infront of a mirror and look at yourself, ask yourself if its really worth it. Hope you will soon get into that maze where u neither feel hungry nor full {ketosis] it will help with the food cravings.

If im tempted to it i just come bck here and look at my ticker and I ask myself if its worth it to put back the 13lbs i lost last week, it kinda lyk keeps me going. Hope eventually we will all get there.

hey hun, we have the aim to lose about the same about, starting on the same day and for one of the same reason ...not to be a fat graduate...wishing you luck!!!

Thank you! How have you got on today?

good luck am also graduating nxt summer, I kno the diet is hard and it takes a lot of willpower not to give into cravings, but just try to b strong and resist the urge if u feel like indulging just go infront of a mirror and look at yourself, ask yourself if its really worth it. Hope you will soon get into that maze where u neither feel hungry nor full {ketosis] it will help with the food cravings.

If im tempted to it i just come bck here and look at my ticker and I ask myself if its worth it to put back the 13lbs i lost last week, it kinda lyk keeps me going. Hope eventually we will all get there.

You're right about willpower, I just need to find some lol I'm dangerously close to making it through Day 1 with absolutely no cheats or blips, despite being left unsupervised face-to-face with a chocolate cake at work :) I've only had half my bar so far so I'm looking forward to having the other half and the soup and shake. I'm sooo hungry! Like you said though, in a few days ketosis should have kicked in to help me through. What doesn't help is that work was really stressful today and I've just got home, and my boyfriend asked if I wanted a takeaway, my mouth almost said yes but then my brain kicked in and took over lol Well done on the loss, 13lbs is great! Keep it up, how are you doing

Am holding on it is hard but I try and focus in the end results not bn a gd week with totm and a nasty miserable cold managed to get thru the keeping fingaz crossed for nxt weigh in

Day 1 - 20/10 RE-START

Am holding on it is hard but I try and focus in the end results not bn a gd week with totm and a nasty miserable cold managed to get thru the keeping fingaz crossed for nxt weigh in

Oh hun, well done on making it through even though you've not been well. I'm sure all your effort will be rewarded at weigh in. Can you send me some of your willpower please?! lol

I've fallen off the wagon in a major way and was in the 'well-I've messed-it-up-what's-the-point' kind of headspace, but am ready to get cracking now :) So today is another Day 1 :) One day, I'll get the hang of this diet malarky :p

Not had anything to eat so far, I'm going to keep myself busy today tidying the house, studying and taking the dogs out for a walk. I WILL do it!

Going well so far! I had a bit of a blip earlier and had a few mouthfulls of scrambled egg but managed to stop myself from scoffing the whole lot and gave it to the dogs to eat before I had a chance to change my mind. I've only had water since, looking forward to my soup in a little while.

I've been reading my old Exante diary and am feeling motivated :D

Weigh-in. NO MORE FAFFING and part-time Exante-ing!

Funny how motivation drops quickly isn't it lol

As the title above suggests, my 'good' streak didn't last :eek: So I thought 'right, Monday will be the day'. I've taken my measurements and weighed myself, and as it turns out, I've lost weight. According to the scales I'm 17 stone 6 lbs, giving me an 8lb loss over the time I've been 100% throughout the day but ruining it at night. So I think it's safe to assume that even though I've came off plan in the evenings, eating so little during the day combined with the tiny bit of exercise I've done has meant - by some miracle - I've lost weight. But the 8lbs is only right if I actually was 18 stone to begin with, which I can't be sure of because the scales weren't working, but I'm sure I must have been around that weight.

But to be honest, I don't feel like I deserve the loss since I've not really put the effort in. And I can't help but think that if I'd really gone for it, my loss could be double that? Anyhoo, either way I'm happy with the loss, it's all in the right direction. Can't grumble at 8 lbs!

Time to really apply myself to Exante though and earn a good loss!

u can do it samprand, at times you feel like jus giving up and thinking wats the point especially that the weight comes off slowly, bt remember that it might seem like a long road eventually u will get there and be proud of yourself. I had a blip over the weekend but i have managed to pull myself together. it is a hard diet but keep busy and stay on track u will get there

Day 1 - Yet Another Restart 25/10

Here I am at Day 1 again. Plus I'm ill which really doesn't help.

I've had no cheats or blips so far today, but I've already had my shake and bar which I think was due to comfort eating because of the bug or whatever I've got. So I think I might end up having an extra shake tonight when I get home from work to get me through, which isn't great but it's better than chocolate lol

Last edited:
u can do it samprand, at times you feel like jus giving up and thinking wats the point especially that the weight comes off slowly, bt remember that it might seem like a long road eventually u will get there and be proud of yourself. I had a blip over the weekend but i have managed to pull myself together. it is a hard diet but keep busy and stay on track u will get there

Thank you for your kind words :) Well done on getting back on track, that's the part I struggle with (obviously lol) x

This morning I weighed in at 17 st 11 lbs, and took some measurements which are (in inches):

Neck - 15 3/4
Waist - 46
Right thigh - 30 1/2
Right upper arm - 16
Largest point around hips - 52

So this is my starting point. I'm massive! Seriously, at 5'2 with those measurements, I must look like a bloody womble! But that's ok, everyone has to start somewhere.

Today has gone really well and it feels GREAT to know I've actually got over the hump and will be going on to Day 2 with no cheats or extra nibbles here and there. I haven't even had the extra shake I mentioned.

My boyfriend text me while I was working and asked me to pick up some McDonald's for him on the way home, out of habit he wrote 'get whatever you want aswell', it would have been so easy to buy some burgers and chips for myself and just think 'Oh well, start again tomorrow' (especially since I'm definitely coming down with something) but out of nowhere, my brain said NOOOO!! lol I thought 'I've made it through the whole day', even resisted leftover cheesecake and sugar in my tea at work, and I didn't want to spoil it. So when I got to McDonald's to get my chap's food, as a treat, I bought myself a Coke Zero to celebrate with when I got home. What a rock n roll lifestyle I live lol

I know it's only Day 1, and I'm under no illusion that I'm over the worst part by any stretch of the imagination, and I'm aware that other people stick to plan for months on end with no blips, BUT it's taken me a long time to actually make it through the infamous Day 1, so YAY!!!

Stupid as it might sound, I'm proud of myself :)

Tomorrow I've got uni from 9-2 so that should keep me occupied. I'll take water and a bar with me to keep on track through my break between lectures which should (hopefully) help me resist all the goodies in the uni cafe's. Then I'm taking my Mum to an appointment she has every Friday, then coming home so the landlord can pick up his rent. Then I'm taking Mum home, then working 5-8. So I should be suitably knackered by the time I get home and just want my bed. So by that theory, I should be able to get Day 2 under my belt.

I'm starting to actually think, 'hey, maybe I CAN do this, maybe I'm getting my Exante-head back' (as it was affectionately known many moons ago when I could manage to stick to plan).

Anyhoo, its almost 11pm now. I'm sitting in bed on the laptop so will get a quick bit of studying done and then go to sleep.

Hope everyone's doing ok xx

Last edited:
Day 2 - 26/10

Well the plans for today didn't happen. I didn't go to uni due to a combination of bus drivers (including those driving Park & Ride services that I need to get to uni) being on strike, plus I really didn't feel good this morning. I'm at that stage of the bug where, although it's at the beginning, it could either disappear before it gets nasty, or it could get a hell of a lot worse very quickly. Mum's ill too, so didn't need to go to her appointment. I've been cleaning the flat to make sure the place was presentable for the landlord, they've been and gone, and I'm off to work in a bit until 8 tonight.

I think the burst of cleaning kept me occupied, but it also made me thirsty, on the bright side that made me drink quite a bit of water so my fluid intake's ok today. Just had a cup of tea and debating whether to have half of my bar before I go to work.

Feeling a bit hungry today so need to be extra focused x

The rest of today went...ok. I had a blip at work where I ate some meat but the way I see it is that, alright, it wasn't a great thing to do, BUT compared to what I normally eat, a little piece of something low-carb isn't the end of the world. And I'd rather have something like that than scoff a takeaway and chocolate! Anyhoooo, I'm in bed watching tv now, which is a time where I'd usually eat, but am behaving myself and will go to sleep if I start to feel tempted. Mind you, there isn't much in the kitchen to eat apart from crisps, a few days ago I'd easily sit and eat 4 or 5 packets :sigh:

But I'm being good :) x

Day 3 - 27/10

I woke up with a headache today :( So went back to sleep to try to sleep it off but didn't have any luck. Not feeling hungry though, so every cloud and all that :D

Normally I quite like to have coffee to replace eating (with sweeteners obviously, and only maybe 3 times a day) but I'm not sure if the coffee is decaffeinated, so I'm going to play it safe and have tea today as I know the teabags are decaffeinated and I sooo don't want to make my headache worse lol

Last edited:
from reeading your diary i take it you live by yourself so to try and keep in track wy dont you clear your kitchen for the times when you are at home, just leave the exante products only , get rid of the crisps and all the stuff that might tempt you. so when u go to the kitchen you will only find exante everywhere, it might help u stay on track.it is better to hve that extra shake/porridge/bar/soup when u crave something than to hve a total blow out, or if you are struggling a lot hve one exante recommended meal of 400cl or less as you know you are following a set programme than to eat here and there when u feel like it. wish you best somehow u will get there.

No I don't live by myself, I live with my boyfriend so all the other food is his, which doesn't help with temptation lol All my Exante stuff is in one cupboard so I try not to look in the other cupboards. Yes that's a good idea to have Exante-friendly food when I struggle, like you said, it's better than having a complete blow out :)

Still got my headache though, it's making me feel like cr*p :(

Last edited:
hope the headache gets better,if u live with otherpeople the diet is really hard, i have two kids and its not really easy but i try to enforce self discipline, most of the tym i do manage bt there are those days where u lack that will power. Our minds are in the right frame and we know wat we want hopefully we will get thru this journey , even if it will take us twice as long

Still got the headache and feeling ill because of the bug I've got which might explain why I've just scoffed 4 bites of my boyfriend's burger and glugged down a glass of coke before I could stop myself. If someone would have taped me doing that, I would have looked like I didn't even chew it like some kind of unstoppable great big fat pig :( Disappointed with myself, I'm really struggling to be 100%, in fact every day I have something extra even if it is just something low carb. How do you resist? I'm so up and down today, one minute I'm thinking 'Yeah this is ok, I'm doing ok', the next minute I'm just thinking about eating and how long I have to wait for my next pack. It's like food is at the forefront of my mind all the time. I suppose it's because (even though I've done Exante before) I'm at the stage where it's a shock to the system. I need to get a grip! These little continuous blips are going to undo all my hard work

Back