Diary of a Wimpy Lass No More

Sykesy

Hello anyone out there!

I've never done this kind of thing before; Either sharing my innermost thoughts about my lifelong war with food with strangers or try to workout how to 'post' and add 'tickers'!!

But what I have done before is a VLCD .... at least I'm up on many of the abbreviations as I've read loads of blogs and diaries trying to build up the courage to write my own!!!

4 Years ago I did LL and lost 6 stone taking me down to 9st 7lbs and a size 10/12. I did this by not wavering from the SS type plan once in 6 months and was both amazed and proud. But not enough to stop me from piling the weight back on. Slowly at first but then at a rate of knots until i stablised at a mere 17 and a half stone or so.

Words can't describe how disappointed and ashamed I am with myself. Also how confused I am that I could get to a place I had always dreamed of being and to let it go so easily.

Anyway, enough of the self pity .... onwards and upwards as they say (or downwards as I hope he scales to continue to go). I'm in my 3rd week of SS and actually I'm doing fine apart from a little dizziness. Weight loss so far has been good and I think my WI tomorrow will go okay.

What I'm really struggling with is people knowing that I'm doing one of those 'faddy diets' again. Especially as I know that most people didn't believe in it the first time. I know that the answer is that weight gain after a VLCD is the same as any other diet but I feel so embarassed I want to keep it a secret (only my husband, eldest son and best friend know so far).

The thing is, the invites are coming in thick and fast. I've made up a fair few excuses but I'm starting to offend people. Plus I've got at least 2 work engagements that I cannot get out of and I really don't want the management at work or clients to know.

I know I am an all or nothing kind of person, that's why LL worked for me before and I'm scared to eat but what else can I do without revealing what I feel like is my 'guilty little secret'???

xxx

Last edited:
hmm, top 'hiding' tips:

food:
if you bear to eat anything, an SS+ type meal with mostly meat and no carbs would be ok
move stuff around the plate, people really don't notice you're not actually eating
buffets - no-one notices how much you eat, fill a plate and accidentally put it down after a bit without eating anything off it

drinking:
be driving or 'ill' to avoid alcohol if you can
again accidentally leave your drink somewhere
if you're the one going to the bar, get a sparkling water and pretend it's vodka and lemonade or similar

very good tips above! i also keep this as a secret, my mother, partner and two friends, one that is also on ss are the only ones that know, its hard but well done for joining the forum and good luck to you x

hmm, top 'hiding' tips:

food:
if you bear to eat anything, an SS+ type meal with mostly meat and no carbs would be ok
move stuff around the plate, people really don't notice you're not actually eating
buffets - no-one notices how much you eat, fill a plate and accidentally put it down after a bit without eating anything off it

drinking:
be driving or 'ill' to avoid alcohol if you can
again accidentally leave your drink somewhere
if you're the one going to the bar, get a sparkling water and pretend it's vodka and lemonade or similar

Thank you so much for the tips. I guess in the grand scheme of things eating a bit of protein here and there is only going going to do so much damage (?!?!) and I can fudge the rest. I know I can stay on track as my brother is getting married in June where we grew up and there is no way I am going back there looking like this!!!

Now just to work out how to get a ticker and a list of my weigh ins so far on. Does anyone know if they go in your signature as mine keeps saying 350 characters max? Thank you x

Your sig max length goes up with the amount of posts you make i think, so hopefully as you get more weighins you'll have room to put it in your sig.

So weighed today and suitably delighted with a 5lb loss :wow:. This is why I love this diet!!!

It's a tough work week this week with 3 nights away, but I'm going to put my newly learnt tricks into action and just go with the flow.

The stress of work however will be lessened by the fact that I actually will have something to wear without getting too stressed ..... because 2 dresses that were a tad too revealing for work before fit just fine now ;). Next goal needs to be fitting into tights without them rolling down past the hips only being held up by the 2nd pair of knickers on the outside ................

Well done on the 5lb loss :) x

So the work week from hell turned out not too bad at all on the diet front and with the help of bars and tetras I didn't stray.

And when hubby's friend came to stay yday I spent the day in the spa. So again, I did't stray.

Today however was the biggest test. From 630am til now I have cooked pancakes, muffins, scrambled egg, full roast dinner, macaroni cheese, lemon meringue & chicken tikka masala for our various guests.

So many times during the day I've wondered if a diet that seems to put my life on hold is worth it and whether a little bite would hurt. But it's WI tomorrow and I've still got such a long way to go before I think about being overweight every day. So I didn't stray.

So after all that ..... I can't wait for tomorrow and hope that I can stay strong over the next 6 months.

Xxx

Help with a tricky subject please?

Really pleased with another 4lb loss this morning but I was wondering if anyone can advise me on a bit of a tricky subject?

Since I've started sole source I've only been to the toilet 3 times and each time was agony.

I'm drinking between 6-8 pints of water a day, adding fibre to my shakes twice a day and have taken dulcolax the 3 times I've actually been to the loo (senakot had no affect).

I really don't want to come off SS yet as I've got such a long way to go and I certainly don't feel that I'm in any position to start eating and controlling food. Has anyone been in a similar situation or has any advice at all?

Thank you xxx

Have you tried the bars? They work wonders x

I struggled for the first 3 weeks with movements below, but now I have just the choc mint shakes, choc mint bars and peanut bars and I go everyday! All other types of bars made my tummy terribly bloated. I drink between 3 and 4 litres a day.

I am sure you will hit your target for June - I am am hoping for my 2 1/2 stone off to be confirmed tomorrow at my 8th weekly weigh in, I am just kicking myself for not doing it sooner!

Best of luck and we are all here for you xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Have you tried the bars? They work wonders x

Thank You. I started on the bars last week and have had about 4 so far. Will get in touch with my CDC and see if I can switch some shakes so I can have 1 a day instead. xxx

I struggled for the first 3 weeks with movements below, but now I have just the choc mint shakes, choc mint bars and peanut bars and I go everyday! All other types of bars made my tummy terribly bloated. I drink between 3 and 4 litres a day.

I am sure you will hit your target for June - I am am hoping for my 2 1/2 stone off to be confirmed tomorrow at my 8th weekly weigh in, I am just kicking myself for not doing it sooner!

Best of luck and we are all here for you xxx

Right-O! I'll go for the choc mint shake and bar combo then .... not a fan of peanuts.

Good luck tomorrow - exciting times! Do you have a diary? If so, Ill check in to see how you go xxx

I haven't started a diary yet - I have been most inspired one by a lovely lady called Spangles whose diary is called 'deflating the bouncy castle' which is fab! Xx

Ah yes, I spent 2 whole nights reading Spangles' diary !

Mum biggest worry at the moment is that I love to exercise, but being on SS I have just been doing 30 mins step on the wii but worry that when I exercise I retain water so losses aren't as good. So not sure whether to exercise tonight before weigh in or not!

I know exercise isn't recommended on SS but from my experience when I did LL it helped. I only swam 2/3 times a week as I was a little worried about over-exertion but it didn't seem to affect my weight loss and helped tone a few things up.

If you already exercise I would say continue (maybe at a lighter pace as you are doing) and see where it gets you but I'm no expert!!!

Let me kow how you get on xxx

Well I'm back. It's been a bit of a roller coaster tbh. Shortly after my last post I ended up in hospital (won't go into detail but constipation got to serious levels).

I couldn't believe how devastated I was when I thought I'd have to come off CD. I knew I couldn't carry on as was and couldnt eat anything for 2 days in fear of such pain again. But the thought of stopping CD when I was so motivated & hadn't had one slip really hurt.

All is good in the hood again now. I was totally surprised & delighted with the support of my gp who has prescribed regular medication .... & he started off such a cynic!

I was pleased with a 4lb weight loss on Monday but even though I'm still cheat free my weight loss (when weighed at
home) hasn't actually moved for 7 days. I hope it's not the medication but only time will tell x

if you've been poorly, your body will likely cling on to fat stores. give it a week or so and you'll be back dropping the weight.

Thank you - I didn't know that. I'll keep my fingers crossed for next week then! :rolleyes:

Back