Diary of a Wino

here_i_go_again

Evening peeps,

Day 3 back on Atkins, following the DANDR. Had a headache the last 2 days which has started to subside but feeling very tired. Like 'all day' tired. Hoping it will be over soon.

So todays menu was a bit odd.

B: Cold cauli mash with pork.
L: Nothing as was at work.
D: Ate it early but a HUGE salad which was lettuce, 2 spring onion, cucumber, grated cheese, mayo and...............more pork

S: 2 cups of coffee and starting to feel a big peckish now. Was thinking about having a 2 egg omelette but it's 9pm now so a bit late to be eating :sigh:

Do I really need to weigh out my salad stuff as I haven't bothered?

My main problem is wine, although it is just on a Friday and Saturday. I say main problem, as in on a Sunday I just want to eat junk. Anyway, hoping to pre-plan Sunday meals in advance, nice big filling meals, to stop me raiding the corner shop for chocolate!

OK so got the munchies and making an omelette. Headache is back too :( Know it's not due to dehydration as I drink loads of water

Morning! Had a lovely long lie-in and woke with no headache yippeeeee! Think it may be a little stress too as I'm going through a 3-way house swap and got my heart set on moving :eek::eek:. It's not that I don't like where I am now but we spend every weekend in Fareham and my daughter has made lots of friends and joined a club down there so it makes sense. It all happened so quickly and had lots of paperwork to sort out. Now it's just a waiting game. I left my job as soon as I decided (wasn't getting enough hours and partner thinks I'll have enough on my plate with moving) so that's why I got my sneaky lie-in.

Haven't decided what I'll be eating today. I've got 3 frankfurters left in the fridge I'll probably just have with some mayo for breakfast. Really need to do a foodshop as have no meat or eggs.

How are you all getting on?

Well 11.30 and just have 2 frankfurters. Really need to go shopping. Haven't even got the basics in :rolleyes:

Absolutely stuffed! Ate a whole bag of cabbage and leeks which came in at 9g carbs cooked with philli and chicken. Is first day all week where I've fancied something sweet though. I could murder and icecream! But I wont. Have bought everything in for the weekend. Just hope I can behave myself and not drink too much wine :eek:

Hi Claire, just found your diary, subscribed :) looking forward to reading your updates etc. it's surprising how many carbs are in half a pack of greens :eek: but we are meant to get 15 g carbs from veg so don't worry.

after a few more days and posts you will have the Atkins team knocking at your door and posting on your wall. It's always quiet at first until you get going so dont let that put you off or feel ignored. It was like that for me and now I feel like I know them all and they are a lovely supportive bunch.

it is surprising how carby veg actually is. Once it was cooked it wasn't even that much. I don't think lettuce and cucumber are too carby though so lunchtime salads should be OK which just leaves dinner to be careful.

It does seem rather quiet on here in general so I'm sure I'm not being ignored ha.

Has anybody read Neris & India's Idiot-Proof Diet? It's kinda like Atkins

I've heard of that book, I remember someone saying that they had both piled a load of weight back on too :(

yes it's the weekend coming up so people tend to go off and have a life ;) except for me who doesn't have a day off but work from home so get Internet and coffee access all day every day. There is one downside....I'm near the fridge :(

veg once cooked looks like nothing :( have you tried par boiling and then sautéing in some butter? It's lush and I agree with you in the salad things, mayo makes it al, taste amazing hahah

I bought butter cook it in and completely forgot lol, you just reminded me. My stupidity no longer surprise me haha.

I've got their book and have read a bit of it. Is like Atkins but much more lax. I'm not sure how they managed to get the weight off but they did have some pretty good after pictures (although they still weren't exactly 'slim').

When I win the lottery I'm going to have lipo. I actually saw a surgeon a few years ago when my daughter was little and he said due to the stretch marks etc he recommended a tummy tuck. I was out of there like a shot! Quite a major op apparently so wasn't that desperate............not then anyway.

I have PCOS so rarely have totm. In fact the last time I had anything was 7 months ago so I can't relate to you on that front. My doc told me it would make losing/keeping weigh off more difficult which wasn't particularly helpful. But nothing else I can do except keep trying.

What job is it that you do from home? Surely you must get one day off a week?

Welcome Claire, looking forward to following your diary. Yes I've got the neris and India book, mind you I have probably got nearly every diet book going!
I am thinking of getting the south beach diet book that's one I haven't got!
Have a great day house swop sounds exciting, is fareham close to where you currently live?

I bought butter cook it in and completely forgot lol, you just reminded me. My stupidity no longer surprise me haha.

I've got their book and have read a bit of it. Is like Atkins but much more lax. I'm not sure how they managed to get the weight off but they did have some pretty good after pictures (although they still weren't exactly 'slim').

When I win the lottery I'm going to have lipo. I actually saw a surgeon a few years ago when my daughter was little and he said due to the stretch marks etc he recommended a tummy tuck. I was out of there like a shot! Quite a major op apparently so wasn't that desperate............not then anyway.

I have PCOS so rarely have totm. In fact the last time I had anything was 7 months ago so I can't relate to you on that front. My doc told me it would make losing/keeping weigh off more difficult which wasn't particularly helpful. But nothing else I can do except keep trying.

What job is it that you do from home? Surely you must get one day off a week?

love your positivity about WHEN you win the lottery :)

i have pcos too...snap! I do get regular periods though. I have the strange shape, excess hair, acne, and super high sugar cravings that are some of the many joys attached to having this :(
I was diagnosed around 7 years ago now and the doctor told me there was nothing they could do except put me on metformin and give me vaniqua cream. I asked for laser but they wouldn't so had to go and pay for it myself. I'm due more treatments because it never fully goes :(
its annoying because if I'd wanted some boobs I'd have gotten them on the NHS but they didnt feel me being built like a brick **** house, full of hair and acne a problem enough to help :( so yeah.....

i work for make up companies and do online make up tutorials, have been doing it for around 6 years now, when I'm not online I have all my dogs, I'm a small hobby breeder of pomeranians and that in itself is a 24/7 job :)

Woke up to a beautiful day and not too tired considering I was up and down all night, peeing for Britain. Really need to stop drinking so much water!

Off down to Fareham after work to spend the weekend on the boat. Have prepared as much as I can to take in a cool bag. Have bolog for dinner tonight, bacon and eggs for breakfasts and chicken fajitas tomorrow night. Wraps for partner and daughter, none for me boooo. Snack-wise I have jars of cockles, mussels, pâté and celery sticks. They have pies, sarnies and fruit.

Just munching my way through a chicken salad at the bar. Everyone is sitting outside but I have to stay in to serve. It's a hard life lol.

Hope you're all enjoying the sun :0)

Morning Claire and welcome :D

Sounds like you're off to a fab start, and with the positive outlook that's always great to have. Re the carbs in veg, I think they are an excellent way to use your 20g carbs, especially the leafy greens, and they help keep you regular. I love things like sauteed spinach with baked goat's cheese, and cabbage and leek in butter with bacon bits - and yes mayo does make everything taste better! :)

I'm not on low carb myself anymore but because I've been on the forum for years, the lovelies here let me stay and bore for England about my goings on :D

All the best, Susie

Hi Susie,

im definitely going to give spinach a go. I love it at the Indian, saag paneer. How come you don't follow atkins anymore?

A few reasons - I couldn't eat cheese, cream or all the other yummy stuff without stalling or putting on weight - sadly, some people are like that. Or maybe it was the wine and sneaky bread :eek::D

A few reasons - I couldn't eat cheese, cream or all the other yummy stuff without stalling or putting on weight - sadly, some people are like that. Or maybe it was the wine and sneaky bread :eek::D

That's a shame :( Think I remember talking to you about this in the past lol. Think I need to watch myself with the cream and the cheese!

Hi all,

How's it going? What have I missed?!?

Enjoyed a lovely weekend in the sun followed by visiting a new school for my daughter yesterday. Food-wise I managed to behave but I drank far too much wine and soda. Daren't weigh myself tomorrow!

Back