Step 1 Sole Source Diary of a young lad trying the Cambridge Diet!

Cbirkett

DIARY OF AN AMBITIOUS YOUNGSTER

Hi there, my name is Conner and I have just started the Cambridge diet. I have put on 3 stone over a period of time since I gave up sports for work commitments and have finally decided to lose all of it.

I wanted quick results so I jumped in the deep end and did sole source starting on saturday, my worst day for snacking!

I aim to lose 3 stone by december the 1st, currently weighing in at 17 stone with only just short of 2 months to go, i'm not quite sure if this is achievable but I wont give up!

Last edited:
DIARY OF AN AMBITIOUS YOUNGSTER

Hi there, my name is Conner and I have just started the Cambridge diet. I have put on 3 stone over a period of time since I gave up sports for work commitments and have finally decided to lose all of it.

I wanted quick results so I jumped in the deep end and did sole source starting on saturday, my worst day for snacking!

I aim to lose 3 stone by december the 1st, currently weighing in at 17 stone with only just short of 2 months to go, i'm not quite sure if this is achievable but I wont give up!

Welcome!! Men are able to lose weight a lot quicker than women so it wouldnt suprise me if you couldnt lose the three stone in the two months! :) The important thing is to follow the maintenance steps afterwards and not go crazy after christmas! Goodluck, just keep strong and keep drinking water.

Thanks, yeah im really coping well, but to be fair the water is really helping me, as it clears my system and slightly fills me up! But having said that, im only on 3 shakes a day, as results come more quickly!

Thanks, yeah im really coping well, but to be fair the water is really helping me, as it clears my system and slightly fills me up! But having said that, im only on 3 shakes a day, as results come more quickly!

Im pretty sure you should be on 4 being male...its not a good idea to have less than recommended and it wont be helping your weight loss, if anything eventually it will hinder it and your body wont get the nutrients it requires. Trust me, youll still lose the three stone on 4 shakes a day.

Im not sure, my CC suggested 4, but said, you will achieve your goal quicker with 3 a day, but it does come at a price, its much harder!! However it is financially cheaper. :) I want to lose 35 pounds in 2 months, achievable??

Im not sure, my CC suggested 4, but said, you will achieve your goal quicker with 3 a day, but it does come at a price, its much harder!! However it is financially cheaper. :) I want to lose 35 pounds in 2 months, achievable??

Hmmmm....you CC is being naughty - men have to be on 4 a day, just as women (like myself) who are over 5ft 8 have to be on 4 a day. If its financially problematic, maybe do SS+ and have the 200Kcal meal SS+ and SS will have the same losses. If you can control the food, otherwise, you should be on 4. Unfortunately CC are professionally qualified so they are not all as good as they should be.

By the way, last year I lost 2.5stone in 6weeks and that was on Step 2, 810Kcal!

I understand what your saying but to be honest, i pushed my CC to sway her decision. I weigh in just under 17 stone, I have played rugby for most of my life, i don't have THAT much weight to lose, just at the moment my belly fat is almost hanging over! and my love handles are quite big, but i think 3 stone would rid my body of ALL my fat, so im expecting it to take a while. :(

PS - Does smoking effect the CD? I havent had one cos its 'stoptober' and cos im doing this :) i feel better for it however i think it may be a good way to distract me when im very hungry.

I understand what your saying but to be honest, i pushed my CC to sway her decision. I weigh in just under 17 stone, I have played rugby for most of my life, i don't have THAT much weight to lose, just at the moment my belly fat is almost hanging over! and my love handles are quite big, but i think 3 stone would rid my body of ALL my fat, so im expecting it to take a while. :(

PS - Does smoking effect the CD? I havent had one cos its 'stoptober' and cos im doing this :) i feel better for it however i think it may be a good way to distract me when im very hungry.

Im afraid smoking is something which I dont know much about...have you asked your CC? I dont see how it would effect the plan per se, but obviously its a healthy lifestyle choice for you. Remember it takes 5days for the body to break and addiction..if you can go October without smoking, try not to start up again afterwards out of "habit" as you wont actually "need" it. You will feel so much better smoke free and 3 stone lighter come christmas.

I found out today that smoking doesnt effect it at all, HOWEVER, im still not going to do it as you say, i want a healthy lifestyle, and i havent smoked in 10 days, so i dont need to now :) you have been really helpful! i just weighed myself today, and ive lost 8 pounds in 4 days, but i dont feel any different at all, i picked up 8 pounds worth of things and its quite heavy, but i dont feel or look any different, do you have any idea how long it could be before i look in the mirror and say 'wow this is working'

Does anybody know how long it takes to see or feel a difference in yourself, i understand its different for everybody but i think that would be a huge motivator, and i cant see much, however it is still early doors!

I found out today that smoking doesnt effect it at all, HOWEVER, im still not going to do it as you say, i want a healthy lifestyle, and i havent smoked in 10 days, so i dont need to now :) you have been really helpful! i just weighed myself today, and ive lost 8 pounds in 4 days, but i dont feel any different at all, i picked up 8 pounds worth of things and its quite heavy, but i dont feel or look any different, do you have any idea how long it could be before i look in the mirror and say 'wow this is working'

Excellent on the giving up smoking!!! :) Well done for losing 8lbs in 4 days as well - thats brilliant. To be honest, last time I did this diet, I still felt no different after 6 stone loss when it came to me personally feeling different - although you should have more energy etc in the next few days. We are so used to be over weight it can take a while for our brains to catch up with our bodies. Keep going and you will get there!

Day 4 gone!

Day 4 gone, and its starting to get a little easier, weighed myself this morning (day 5) and am apparently 10 pounds lighter then my starting weight! cant be bad, however im definetely in ketosis as all the symptoms are present, feeling cold, achy, bad breathe blah blah blah, but this is the time were the belly starts to go! cant wait, go to bed every night feeling positive and wake up the exact same way!! ill keep you all up to date,

Have a great day all!!

Back