Diary to a New Me: Day 6

puddingtoast

Right so have had an excellent first week. I'll be interested to see what the weightloss is tomorrow, as the first 2 days I gained 3lbs! But i've followed other poster's advice and stayed off the scales.

I hosted a lunch on thursday for my nct friends, went to a bbq on saturday, and hosted a huge texas bbq blow out on sundy, and managed to stay strictly to CD SS. Huge achievement for me, as i looove food, but discovered i actually love cooking more than eating. Weird eh? I cooked some of my favourite dishes (won't list them here for fear of tempting anyone to cheat!) but i was ok not eating them, just serving them up. I figured there is always going to be a party/bbq/excuse not to stick to a diet, so i just went for it. My friends are all supportive so it was fine. I don't want my husband's family to know i'm doing this; i want to just loose the weight and quietly show up all svelte and fabulous - that will show them! They are being quite cruel right now so i'm trying to avoid them.

Well the first week has gone by quickly, i feel as though i've lost more inches than pounds unfortunately. But i shall soldier on!

Pudding , You said they are being ... quite cruel right now so i'm trying to avoid them. What is happening ?
This will amke you stronger to carry on with CD ...
Let us knwo how weigh in goes , blimey doing all that cooking and so early on the diet , you are very strong

aw thanks MsJMC. I'm trying to learn to be in control of my hunger and cooking while on this diet sure was a good test!

Inlaws are being totally unsupportive; i've got a 5month old son, and i haven't seen them in over a month and half -this is after dozens of promises and reassurances of support and 'we're a big loving family we're here for you'. I'm not from the UK so i have literally no one here, and now i'm at home it's quite lonely (thank god for my nct friends). They are writing *****y things on facebook about me so i'm tempted to delete them off entirely! So immature, and actually quite hurtful. I wish they'd consider it from my point of view for a moment. Anyway i'm the black sheep at the moment so i'm withdrawing from all social occasions with them as much as i can!

FB I have heard so much happend on that .
Can be lonely with such a small baby , how about joining a mother and baby group ? where are you from before .
With mother and baby groups , you get to meet all different people there some good some not but its like taht everywhere , have a look about and see in your area whats going on ?

Back