Diary - where am I going wrong?

Hubby and myself started on Slimming World extra easy 3 weeks ago. To date he's lost 13lbs and I've lost 2lbs! I know that men lose easier than women but what's really annoying is that he uses loads more syns than me. I'm posting my last week's diary (0.5lb loss) and I hope some of you experts can give me an idea of what my problem is.

Day 1.
Breakfast - 42gms porridge with blueberries and a teaspoon of honey - 3.5 syns

Lunch - Cheese (14g low fat) and mushroom omelette - 2 syns

Dinner - tilapia, jacket potato with tablespoon low fat mayo, side salad, no dressing. 2 syns.

Snacks and extras - yakult lights , 1.5 syns
fruit salad (apple, banana, clementine, banana, fat free yoghurt) - free

HE - 28g porridge, 250ml skimmed milk

Total - 9 syns

Day 2.
Breakfast - as Day 1 3.5 syns

Lunch - Jacket potato with small can of tuna in spring water. Free

Dinner - Roast chicken with carrots, swede, cabbage, leeks, sprouts and gravy. 4 syns

Snacks and extra - yakult light 1.5 syns.
Apple.

Total - 9 syns

Day 3.
Breakfast - 2 shredded wheat, teaspoon of sugar, blueberries - 3.5 syns

Lunch - 42g slice seeded brown bread, baked beans - 6 syns

Dinner - chicken and mushroom omelette, side salad with fat free dressing. Free

Snacks and extras - Yakult light 1.5 syns.
Apple, 2 bananas, clementine, pineapple, 2 Shape Zero yoghurts.

HE - 1 shredded wheat, 250ml skimmed milk

Total - 11 syns

Day 4.
Breakfast - as Day 1 - 3.5 syns

Dinner - Sirloin steak (all fat removed), grilled mushroom and tomato, SW recipe chips, tbsp red onion and cranberry relish. 1.5 syns

Snacks and extras - Highlights chocolate drink. 2 syns
Apple, orange, banana, Shape Zero yoghurt - Free

Total - 7 syns

Day 5.
Breakfast - As Day 1 - 3.5 syns

Lunch - SW recipe carrot and coriander soup - Free

Dinner - 4x Weightwatchers pork sausages, baked beans, poached egg, SW recipe chips - 2 syns

Extras and snacks - Highlights chocolate drink - 2 syns
Apple, orange, banana, pineapple, Shape Zero yoghurt - Free

Total - 7.5 syns

Day 6.

Dinner - SW recipe low fat spicy pork burgers, SW recipe potato wedges, salad with fat free dressing - Free

Snack and extras - Highlights chocolate drink - 2 syns
Shape Zero yoghurt, apple, orange, banana, pineapple - Free

Total - 5.5 syns

Day 7.

Lunch - Mushroom and tomato omelette - Free

Dinner - SW recipe Lemon and garlic roast chicken bake - Free

Snacks and extras - Highlights chocolate drink - 2 syns
Banana, Shape Zero yoghurt

Total - 5.5 syns

So, there you have it - what's wrong? I also have to add that I go to the gym three times a week and do 1.5 hour work outs.

I think I've read that your menu should vary but as you can see I'm a bit set in my ways with breakfast. I can't deal with savoury things first thing and to be honest, porridge is the only thing that really satisfies me and even then the 28g that SW suggest doesn't touch the sides so I add another 14g as 2.5 syns, yet don't account for the fact that I don't have the oat/scan bran (whatever that is!) so in effect, I'm actually having 14 syns less a week than noted.

Any suggestions as to how I can improve this weight loss would be much appreciated!

Lynne

mizztraveller said:
Hubby and myself started on Slimming World extra easy 3 weeks ago. To date he's lost 13lbs and I've lost 2lbs! I know that men lose easier than women but what's really annoying is that he uses loads more syns than me. I'm posting my last week's diary (0.5lb loss) and I hope some of you experts can give me an idea of what my problem is.

Day 1.
Breakfast - 42gms porridge with blueberries and a teaspoon of honey - 3.5 syns

Lunch - Cheese (14g low fat) and mushroom omelette - 2 syns

Dinner - tilapia, jacket potato with tablespoon low fat mayo, side salad, no dressing. 2 syns.

Snacks and extras - yakult lights , 1.5 syns
fruit salad (apple, banana, clementine, banana, fat free yoghurt) - free

Total - 9 syns

Day 2.
Breakfast - as Day 1 3.5 syns

Dinner - Roast chicken with carrots, swede, cabbage, leeks, sprouts and gravy. 4 syns

Snacks and extra - yakult light 1.5 syns.
Apple.

Total - 9 syns

Day 3.
Breakfast - 2 shredded wheat, teaspoon of sugar, blueberries - 3.5 syns

Lunch - 42g slice seeded brown bread, baked beans - 6 syns

Dinner - chicken and mushroom omelette, side salad with fat free dressing. Free

Snacks and extras - Yakult light 1.5 syns.
Apple, 2 bananas, clementine, pineapple, 2 Shape Zero yoghurts.

HE - 1 shredded wheat, 250ml skimmed milk

Total - 11 syns

Day 4.
Breakfast - as Day 1 - 3.5 syns

Dinner - Sirloin steak (all fat removed), grilled mushroom and tomato, SW recipe chips, tbsp red onion and cranberry relish. 1.5 syns

Snacks and extras - Highlights chocolate drink. 2 syns
Apple, orange, banana, Shape Zero yoghurt - Free

Total - 7 syns

Day 5.

Dinner - 4x Weightwatchers pork sausages, baked beans, poached egg, SW recipe chips - 2 syns

Extras and snacks - Highlights chocolate drink - 2 syns
Apple, orange, banana, pineapple, Shape Zero yoghurt - Free

Total - 7.5 syns

Day 6.

Dinner - SW recipe low fat spicy pork burgers, SW recipe potato wedges, salad with fat free dressing - Free

Snack and extras - Highlights chocolate drink - 2 syns
Shape Zero yoghurt, apple, orange, banana, pineapple - Free

Total - 5.5 syns

Day 7.

Lunch - Mushroom and tomato omelette - Free

Dinner - SW recipe Lemon and garlic roast chicken bake - Free

Snacks and extras - Highlights chocolate drink - 2 syns
Banana, Shape Zero yoghurt

Total - 5.5 syns

So, there you have it - what's wrong? I also have to add that I go to the gym three times a week and do 1.5 hour work outs.

I think I've read that your menu should vary but as you can see I'm a bit set in my ways with breakfast. I can't deal with savoury things first thing and to be honest, porridge is the only thing that really satisfies me and even then the 28g that SW suggest doesn't touch the sides so I add another 14g as 2.5 syns, yet don't account for the fact that I don't have the oat/scan bran (whatever that is!) so in effect, I'm actually having 14 syns less a week than noted.

Any suggestions as to how I can improve this weight loss would be much appreciated!

Lynne

Hi Lynne! I'm guessing your doing EE plan? Your diary looks good BUT when your eating your omlette and jacket pot lunches it's only free If you have your third superfree with that meal. That goes for breakfast too. Is that what you've been doing?
X

**"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"**

Well if you're not having your oat/scan bran then you're not having your Healthy Extra for one thing! The HEs are there for a reason and you should make sure you have them. If your breakfast isn't a HE then it should be synned.

Are you eating at least one third of a plateful of superfree food with your meals?

Are you drinking plenty - if you're going to the gym you need plenty of fluid to help your body to burn off the fat.

You haven't given any indication of how much you have to lose - if it's not very much then you will lose weight more slowly.

Finally, although you're having around 9 syns a day, there isn't a huge amount of food there. I wouldn't be able to survive on what you're eating!

Trace xx

"Hi Lynne! I'm guessing your doing EE plan? Your diary looks good BUT when your eating your omlette and jacket pot lunches it's only free If you have your third superfree with that meal. That goes for breakfast too. Is that what you've been doing?"

Sorry, now I'm really confused - I have to eat more food? I can have jacket potato, omelette and porridge but I have to eat extra fruit and veg with it? It already seems like I'm eating as much food, if not more than my pre-SW diet but I have to eat more even though it's veg?

I've had a look through the sample menus and there are examples of simply cereal and milk for breakfast. I do have my healthy extras - both at breakfast. One of the reasons I don't have the oat/scan bran is because I haven't a clue what it is! If it's a dry Ryvita I can't deal with that. I drink plenty, Traci and I would like to lose a stone.
Lynne

mizztraveller said:
"Hi Lynne! I'm guessing your doing EE plan? Your diary looks good BUT when your eating your omlette and jacket pot lunches it's only free If you have your third superfree with that meal. That goes for breakfast too. Is that what you've been doing?"

Sorry, now I'm really confused - I have to eat more food? I can have jacket potato, omelette and porridge but I have to eat extra fruit and veg with it? It already seems like I'm eating as much food, if not more than my pre-SW diet but I have to eat more even though it's veg?

I've had a look through the sample menus and there are examples of simply cereal and milk for breakfast. I do have my healthy extras - both at breakfast. One of the reasons I don't have the oat/scan bran is because I haven't a clue what it is! If it's a dry Ryvita I can't deal with that. I drink plenty, Traci and I would like to lose a stone.
Lynne

With this diet u must eat 1/3 of your plate as superfree foods. So with your cereal n milk, u need fresh fruit after.

With your pot or omlette at lunch u need salad and the same with dinner (veg, fruit or salad) if u don't do it u won't lose. X

**"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"**

Back