Diary writers - Does it help ?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by paul1978, 26 October 2007 Social URL.

1. paul1978

paul1978 DO NOT QUIT !

Im thinking of starting an online weight-loss diary as I am really, really struggling trying to get back to track on WW. How much does it help you guys with motivation etc ...
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Sometimes it's just a place to pour out your thoughts, get it all out of your system as it were. And it can be incredibly helpful to look back on how you are/were feeling. Heartily recommend it but remember other members are reading it, and if you don't want comments you need to say so. Good luck ;)
  4. paul1978

paul1978 DO NOT QUIT !

No, if I do do a diary, Ill be relying on the comments and motivation of everyone else.
  5. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

I would definitely say it can be of incredible assistance - just check out CanIReallyDoThis and FatFairNFortyish, and see their growth as they handle the ups and downs of their journey.

Good luck ;)
  6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
    I LOVE my diary. It helps me stay focused & the support on it is absolutely invaluable, its also brilliant to look back on :)
  7. nails

nails *Quornstar*

Weight Watchers
    Go for it, everyone is very supportive and it's great to look back on the journey you've taken.
  8. paul1978

paul1978 DO NOT QUIT !

I must admit, Starlight, I have read through your diary and its amazing. I hope my diary will follow a transformation in me. That would be cool to read about my journey in a few years to come. I suppose it would be good for motivation myself to look back to see what Ive been doing.
    Starlight likes this.
  9. slushy

slushy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    slimming world
    have to say i am REALLY glad i started my blog - - but not because i ned or rely on the encouragement or comments from others

i find that if i record the happiest moments - big weight loss - hitting a goal - resisting an obstacle - going down a size - whatever -- when i am delirious and sure it will work and i will stick to it
    then read them back to myself when i am struggling or down - they in themselves keep me on track
  10. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers

Awww thanks Paul :)
  11. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Healthy eating/Food diary
    I think a diary is a fantastic help. I keep one on here and a paper one on my desk. Not obsessive at alll then! I use both to record my feelings more than anything else and on here, other people pop in and help and encourage and it really is great. Do it, I am sure you will benefit and if you don't, well, you can always stop!!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.