Did anyone else feel a bit unwell when first starting SW?

hare

I've been following the plan since monday and stuck to it 100%, but have been feeling extremely tired, after dinner I just feel like I can't lift a finger and end up falling asleep about half 8 every night which is not like me. I have also been feeling achey all over and my stomach has been pretty upset. Is this normal? I have really enjoyed the plan so far and hope I start feeling better soon. Any advice would be really appreciated! X

Hi hate have you ruled out any other posbiltes why u may be feeling like that I do sometimes get a bit bloated or a bit stuck with number twos when I first start but nothing like that I'm in bed by 9 anyway as have a newborn

could you of eaten something that dose not agree with u as well?

Sounds like you may have a bug of some sort if you are feeling achy. There really isn't any reason to feel unwell while following a healthy eating plan other than if your diet was really unhealthy beforehand, you may be suffering from sugar withdrawal. An upset tummy could be the change in diet but I think along with your other symptoms, its more likely something else.
Obviously, I am not a Dr!! so if it continues, perhaps you should seek some advice from one!!

Thankyou both for the advice, I will see how I feel next week. I was a real chocaholic before so could well be sugar withdrawal. Just feeling so tired, hope it goes away soon :( x

Hi :wavey:

i felt a bit off (slightly sicky and a bit drained) about 3-4 days in and as the others have mentioned think it was a sugar withdrawal as I had way too much before. Only lasted a few days so stick with it and if it is that I'm sure you will feel so much better soon. As suggested do go to the doctor if it persists. I'm just over 4 weeks in now and feel great.

keep us up to date

good luck :)

Lentil2 haha don't worry -I had wondered myself if it could be glandular fever or something similar.

Lealea19 - thats good to know, thanks! It seems a bit strange to be feeling ill when its such a healthy diet but I was eating so badly before maybe its a shock to the system! Was on plan today, that makes 5 days now :) didn't have work today so not feeling as tired and rundown as I have been which is nice.

x

Have you cut out a lot of chocolate or coffee or tea out of your diet? I get horrible caffeine withdrawal if I cut out coffee or tea cold turkey - and the symptoms are just like you described. xx

Pink I used to eat a lot of chocolate (ALOT!) but not coffee or tea. Have been getting a few headaches so this could be it x

Lealea19 ah thanks for checking in! No headache today but my stomach has still been pretty dodgy :/ and needed a nap this afternoon! Its been a week now so will leave it for another week and maybe go to the GP X

Hope you start feeling better soon.
I too felt really poorly after first starting, was horrible but once I got to grips with the healthy extras n syns etc I felt much better. I think it was just my body adjusting to all these different foods I never used to eat. It gets better and easier I promise :) xx

Ah thats good to know! Feel a bit better today, not achey but stomach still really unhappy :(

Awww Hare, why are you feeling unhappy? :hug99:xx

I don't think so, that did cross my mind but I don't think I could be. x

Hope you didn't take it the wrong way when i suggested that!

I am glad you starting to feel a bit better! I was really constipated when i started sw but that settled after 3 weeks or so!
Let us know how you're getting on!

Hope you didn't take it the wrong way when i suggested that!

I am glad you starting to feel a bit better! I was really constipated when i started sw but that settled after 3 weeks or so!
Let us know how you're getting on!

No not at all! It's always a possibility for us isn't it?!

I have been off plan the last couple of days to see if I would feel any better but its still not right. Just have to wait it out I guess!

Back