Did I hear..Olives?

meoww

Silver Member
my order arrived today and on the list of vegetables that are ok, it says olives?! I really love olives but this sounds too good to be true!
Does anyone else eat olives? also 200g sounds a lot, I used to snack on sachets that were more like 80g

I hate olives so it doesn't matter to me but I would absolutely not have 200g of olives as they're going to be something like 100 calories per 100g. If I liked them I would stick to just a few and make the rest of my 200g up with much lower calorie veg. A variety of salad and veg is better anyway to be honest. So include them, but sparingly.

I discovered this too this week! I got some tins from Asda that are 175g drained- to give some idea as to how much that is, it's the same sized tin as a tin of soup or beans. It's a lot of olives.
I've had 3 tins this week, I open it in the morning and pick at them throughout the day. I don't think it's made any difference to my weight loss, but tomorrow's weight loss will tell.
P.s. if you decide to get olives, remember to get them in brine or water not oil.

I'd be happy just nibbling on a couple each day then maybe more on special occasions or if I felt particularly fed up.
Morrisons do some ones in the deli section in pots of different weights and they seem to be in brine and herbs, very nice they are too!
I'd be interested to hear if they affect weight loss much, I suppose I could eat them when I've been more active too?

I wasn't going to bother adding more veg either, I do like all veg but wanted to keep things simple. I think whatever I do, its best to keep minimal, like I think I will drink some coke zero but not very often. But I would be happy to eat a pot of olives whilst I'm with others that may be enjoying something bigger.

Hello, just to report back, I've lost 5 lbs this week and it's week 11 for me. So olives haven't affected me, although I have been very very lucky throughout the diet and for some reason am able to eat and drink things that would kick a lot of people out of ketosis.
Olives are on the list though, so they can't be naughty food!

wow 5lbs! and from reading your stats you're pretty close to target so thats great news! I shall not worry about the olives then!
I think we can 'get away with' more than we realise in terms of ketosis, its just easier to avoid certain food types altogether just in case.

Yes thank you I'm only 6lbs away now! Doing a VLCD is the best thing I ever did. I have any diet drinks too, diet coke, diet fanta, diet lilt, sugar free red bull, no added sugar squash... I have been very lucky as having these sweet things, even as a drink, has kept me on track. But it is different for everybody, so might stall weight loss in others or kick them out of ketosis apparently.

I discovered this too this week! I got some tins from Asda that are 175g drained- to give some idea as to how much that is, it's the same sized tin as a tin of soup or beans. It's a lot of olives.
I've had 3 tins this week, I open it in the morning and pick at them throughout the day. I don't think it's made any difference to my weight loss, but tomorrow's weight loss will tell.
P.s. if you decide to get olives, remember to get them in brine or water not oil.
mm olives in a tin never had them before what colour are they? black or green..?

Thanks x

The ones I get are black but I expect you can get green ones too.

Back