DidiDam's new life on Atkins :-)

mrsdam

So today was the day I felt ready to start my new way of life and get back into skinny jeans as opposed to comfy leggings and tunics.
I have read the sticky posts, had a good browse on the Atkins website, have read a few posts too and feel like I really must do it this time, hopefully with help from great people on here.
I'm 43, mother of 2. In my 20 s I was around 62 kg, (im 175 cm tall). In my 30 s before I had children I was a comfortable 72 kg, Now the scales are on 109. I have managed to ignore it for so long, mainly because I was staying at home looking after the girls and it's easy to not think about it or look in the mirror. No more!

So, today was interesting. I was very tired, went to bed late last night, didn't sleep well as my little one woke me up a few times. Usually I would eat croissants , scones, anything to keep me awake. Somehow I managed to stick to legal food, was ravenous about 2 pm, but had snacks and here I am, day 1 done.

B salami and mozzarella
L tuna in oil spinach salad
D pork medallion with courgette and mushroom
S roast chicken roll with cream cheese, salami, 3 Brazil nuts, small slice of savoury mim

W 2 ltr
E no
A no

Will be more organised tomorrow, very excited about all the recipes, and that I stayed under the 20 g carbs and off the wine.
Looking forward to reading more stories on here and chatting to people

O:)

Didi.

Hi Didi and welcome:)

I set out on my journey at a weight very similar to yours so i can tell you that atkins works! Good luck, stick with it and ask if you need help

Hi Katie, thank you for stopping by. I must say reading your diary helped me get through today. All you guys are amazing. I really can't wait to follow in your footsteps x

Hi Didi

How is the day going?

Hiya Katie,

Today is going ok, I was very hungry in the morning, it seems to peak about 2 pm and then I'm ok. Also in the back of my mind I keep worrying that I'm eating too much, but like you said yesterday when I put everything in MFP it was just right on calories too, which I could not believe...
I'm meeting up with a friend tonight and thinking I should drive, it's horrible outside and I shouldn't be drinking on my second day :) How are you? I'd love to do some belly dancing, have looked for classes before, but nothing near enough. Will try again .

Highly recommend belly dancing. Great for core strength but also fun so not like having to work!

Have a great dayx

Busy couple of days. Feeling better about diet, and not as ravenous. Had some wine last night. Oops. Husband is on diet too, so my competitiveness has kicked in , lol. It's so annoying how easy it is for him to just stop eating!! Off to work now :eek:( Will be having parmesan sticks and parma ham on my break :))

Hi Didi, think I lasted five whole days off the wine when I started;) so as long as it doesn't become too much habit and limited then can still lose weight. I been off the wine for a few days but off to friends for dinner tonight so looking forward to a spot - will try to limit Keep up the good work:) Ps love parmesan and parma:D

So weighed myself on Monday and have lost 2 kg. Without going hungry, and have had some wine. Quite a lot on Monday actually amazing. If I can do this every week, then wow! Will be extra good for the rest of the week and see!!

Here to subscribe. You sound like you're doing great! Well done. :)

Well done on the loss:)

Back