Didnt realise how huge i was!!!

bex!

Back on the diet train...
So I obviously knew I was big! At only 5ft 4 and weighing over 18st I wasnt deluded enough to think I was small but it wasn't till I had a camera developed from last year and saw a picture of myself that I realised how massive I was!!!

My face is like a round, puffy ball and my shoulders would make a line backer weep with envy!! I mean geez talk about being in denial!! I was wearing my biggest hoodie and it's looks horrid. It's not hiding anything and I don't know why I thought it was!

I'm really glad I saw this photo though as I'm feeling fat and bloated and like even though I've lost alot, it doesn't matter because I still look huge. It's put it I to perspective for me and given me extra focus!!

We can do this guys!!! If I can make it to week 20 I believe anyone can! :)

xox

hi bex i think we all get a bit deluded at times untill we actually have the guts to do something about it, You are doing really well and your right we can do it hun xx.

Hi Bex , it is so easy to pretend we arent that fat and buy bigger jumpers isnt it? Ive just packed away all my fat clothes into a huge suitcase to store in the attic I think its important for me to remember how big I was. Ive still got loads of nice clothes in my current size and the next size down so i dont have to go shopping until september :D

I was feeling a bit down after my weigh in, but now I am feeling a whole lot better :D so thank you Bex. Reading your post has reminded me of why I started this and I've had a little peek at some photo's from Christmas :eek: I too was looking mighty.....not fine, just mighty :giggle:. So bring on week 13 ;)

I agree I too was deluded and thought myself a bit over weight when I was in fact huge. Maybe subconsciously I knew because something inside me pushed me into this diet but on the surface i was kidding myself. The lovely bit is my other half loves me whatever :) i just learned to love me too now xxx

I agree I too was deluded and thought myself a bit over weight when I was in fact huge. Maybe subconsciously I knew because something inside me pushed me into this diet but on the surface i was kidding myself. The lovely bit is my other half loves me whatever :) i just learned to love me too now xxx

Aww Angel that lovely what you said about your other half! He deserves to have a happy slim you! :)

Guilty as charged - I knew I was big, but it took a photo of me in a large jumper next to a group of my friends to make me realise just how large I was. I still have my size 18 jeans in my drawer (am a comfy size 14 now), I tried them on the other day and its hard to believe that they once were a little tight! You're all doing amazingly well :D

I know exactly how you feel!

I was at Alton Towers with my other half a few months ago. He wanted to go on a rollercoaster ride that I was too sick to go on by that point, so he was going himself. There was a spiral tower staircase he had to climb to get to it. I was sat at the bottom of the stairs on a bench waiting for him. When he was climbing the staircase and got near the top, a good few feet up, he looked over the edge, called me, I looked up and he took a photo of me. When he showed me the picture later, I looked completely round. I mean like there was my head, in the middle of a big blob of a body. I was devastated and didn't realise I carried my weight that badly. I think that picture was my moment of realisation and wanting to do something about it. It was a Mrs Blobby moment.

Great thread! It is so true that we look in the mirror and think we are not so bad. We keep buying roomier clothes and think we camouflage our bulk. Friends and family tell us we look good but they are seeing our soul and not the blubber surrounding it.
Yes, photos really bring it home to us that we are not the slinky minxes we thought we were.
I know I found it shocking to see photos of myself at 294lbs. It spurred me on to lose the weight. Slowly but surely I got back control over my body. I'm so glad I did as I dread to think where I'd be if I hadn't taken action.
It's so worth the effort and we all get there in the end.

Daisy1966 said:
Aww Angel that lovely what you said about your other half! He deserves to have a happy slim you! :)

It's weird but he just got home and I showed him some pics I found from christmas time last year and despite living together eight years now and being over weight all those years - but only massively the last three years - he was shocked at how big I looked! We both had a good giggle and just couldn't believe it the same person - me! He said he never saw me as that big. I think you see what you want to see, in yourself and other people. He isn't obese but he's lost a couple of stone also so got rid of the beer belly and love handles - but it's not until I saw pics of him at christmas too that I realised he was a bit fat!!

I should think were both lucky that our love doesn't obviously rely heavily on looks or we'd both be on plenty of fish right now!!! :) xx

skinnylove_88 said:
I know exactly how you feel!

I was at Alton Towers with my other half a few months ago. He wanted to go on a rollercoaster ride that I was too sick to go on by that point, so he was going himself. There was a spiral tower staircase he had to climb to get to it. I was sat at the bottom of the stairs on a bench waiting for him. When he was climbing the staircase and got near the top, a good few feet up, he looked over the edge, called me, I looked up and he took a photo of me. When he showed me the picture later, I looked completely round. I mean like there was my head, in the middle of a big blob of a body. I was devastated and didn't realise I carried my weight that badly. I think that picture was my moment of realisation and wanting to do something about it. It was a Mrs Blobby moment.

This reminds me of one of the reasons I started lipotrim - taking the kids to Drayton manor and missing every ride, pretending I was too scared, even on the kiddy rides, because I was worried I'd get stuck or not fit. When one of my sons finally begged me so much I felt I had to go on - Bertie bus - the ride operator couldn't click the safety bar into place. I felt awful and I had to hold it down. I love going now, I race around and go on everything. Same with those indoor soft play places - I'm down the slides and jumping in the ball pools and on the trampolines. Weight loss isn't just being slim, it's freedom xxx :)

Back