Diet and pregnancy?

Principessa N

Minimins Addict
Sorry to gatecrash but I have a question and you ladies will prob no the answer!

What is the rule for dieting while pregnant? I mean more calorie counting then a club?

I'm not pregnant but it's something we're thinking about. I said if it happen I would try and stick to the rda calorie wise but hubby says that for me that's dieting and might stress my body to much, I can see his thinking but hate to think that he is right :)

I think unless you are very overweight it's not recommended to actually lose weight in pregnancy,
I have been pro pointing my food but it works out as about 2200cals a day which is about right for pregnancy, I'm 24 weeks and only put 2lbs on so far so doing okay,
Think the main thing to remember is if you eat balanced and healthy the weight you put on will be what your body needs and will be lost fast, if you eat crap you will put extra on that will be harder to shift x

Thanks hun,
If I were to fall pregnant now, I'd probably need to diet as i'm just under 23stone.
The plan always was to give it a few more years until I've lost some weight but we've found out some family medical history which is making me think that waiting isn't really worth risking. Its such a hard decision.

I think at your weight you'd be best off following a slimming world type of diet if you were pregnant, midwives are happy to let you do it and it's a healthy way of eating so you might lose an little or just stay around the same good luck x

Back