'Diet' blogs to follow

Just glimpsing a picture of that Joe Wicks makes me want to stab him in his metabolically superior gut with frozen shards of chocolate until he promises to go away forever. :)

My latest addiction thanks to the snow and not sleeping:classic_roll_eyes:... is the SW Vloggers on YouTube

In no particular order as I think they are all doing a great job:classic_big_grin:

Trim with Tan
Kathy Jane
Jane SW
Debbie on Slimming World
Gemma F SW
Lisa Snow SW
Just Julie SW
Cooking with Sharon - Vegan and Lifestyle
Nickki Ryan aka fopperholic
Tess SW
Mummy in the Know
Tastefully Vickie

I think the achievements of average people who readily admit concerns and flaws are the most inspiring. Celeb dieters and fitness experts rarely have to balance weight loss while holding down a full-time job with long hours and looking after a family etc... so I often feel it’s disingenuous of them to pretend to be in the same boat as the average dieter. Yes you may get some easily bandied tips, but these people don’t have to sit down and stress for nine hours or more everyday day to pay the bills, make meals for others at either end of that, and THEN find time for nutrition and fitness! People on here impress me so much more than Mr Wicks etc!

I think the achievements of average people who readily admit concerns and flaws are the most inspiring. Celeb dieters and fitness experts rarely have to balance weight loss while holding down a full-time job with long hours and looking after a family etc... so I often feel it’s disingenuous of them to pretend to be in the same boat as the average dieter. Yes you may get some tips but these people don’t have to sit down and stress for nine hours or more everyday day to pay the bill, make meals for others at either end of that, and THEN find time for nutrition and fitness! People on here impress me so much more than Mr Wicks etc!
Well said!:classic_smile:

Siobhan of Slimmingeats started off blogging on here after she had moved to Canada and like the rest of us she was an ordinary member/mum on her journey to lose weight, this was back in day when forums like this one were popular...through her love of cooking and sharing her creations it evolved to become Slimmingeats.

Siobhan was known on here as BritMuminCanada

http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/

One thing about Joe is he is out there showing us not sat in a cosy office. Ok he has 100 plus people working for him but so does all those in the 'diet' industry. As you can tell I admire Joe for all the work him and his team puts into it. He doesn't just concentrate on the dieting side. He gets people up off the sofa. It's all to do with how much you want to succeed at what your doing.. Not just with losing the weight but in life. No good sitting back expecting it to fall in your lap.

Without people like Joe we would have no 'normal' person to inspire us. :)

Back