diet buddys welcome !

woowoo81

hello - i started exante total solution on tuesday having 3 shakes a day !

tuesday i felt great, wednesday i felt great and today i feel great too but very very tired !!! had a bit of a head ache last night but i think that could be caffine withdrawal more than anything else as i hadnt had tea or coffee untill today when i mixed a vanilla shake with a strong black coffee and it was lovely!

i dont like the chocolate much but when i mixed it with banana it was yum !! i have 3 CD soups lift, i had one tonight for my dinner, tomorrow i am having the porridge delivered ! im hoping i am going to like this !

im very very dissapointed in myself that i didnt do a weigh in before i started !! i weighed myself today (day three and im 21stone and 1.6lb according to the scales in tesco) i could have lost weight since tuesday but havent got a clue as i didnt weigh myself!!! im so so upset as the first 3/4 days are the hardest apparently and i cant tell if its done any good !!

any tips/advise is more than welcome ! im determined to do it this time ! im 31 next monday - its now or never xxxx

Hey!!! Best of luck! :D
Im on day 4 and feeling a bit pooped (that could be down to the fact I work night shift and finished this morning, so haven't slept much today) Other than that, can't complain. Bit heady the other night but, it was nothing a paracetomol couldn't cure!! :D x

hi ! thanks for the reply, i dunno about you but i have tried everything before and never cracked it completely ! im determined this time lol

i dont even feel hungry today, just got cold fingers and toes and im a bit thirsty ! x

keep me posted on your progress xx

No worries :)

I have no choice but to get the 5stone I want to lose, off! I am getting married next year and would like to go shopping for a wedding dress when Im all lovely and slim. I used to be a size 8-10 then I met my OH and gained 5stone! Im looking forward to getting back to my old self!!
I haven't felt hungry whilst on exante, Im coming to the end of day 4 and have lost 6.5lbs already! x

thats really good ! i havent got a clue how much i have lost as i didnt weigh myself till today ! im such an idiot ha ha ha i feel i havent got much choice either, if i dont do it now its just going to get harder and harder x x x x

Hey WooWoo, what's done is done, no point kicking oneself for it now. I too weighed late as it took me a couple days to psyche myself up for it.

However I'm not sure I'd want to know if I was any more than I was (it was a bit of a shock!). So I consider the weigh day Day 1, and that which came before it just a lead-in. If you stick to the shakes like you are you should still have an admirable 'first week' anyway.

Good luck. :)

Hi woowoo good luck!!! I'm currently on day 18 and I've had a few days where I just feel like sh**e but other days where I feel AMAZING, today is one of the better days!

I find that watching weight loss programs really helps cement my motivation, like biggest loser and the like, really helps!

I find the more water I drink, the less I feel like I can eat, today I've drank 2 litres (I literally just sit at my desk pouring cups of water all day from a 2 litre bottle that I refill) and I hardly ever find myself hungry :)

I tried Exante before xmas, and fell off the wagon every single weekend before completely falling off for a couple of weeks... where as since restarting at the start of Jan, I've been 100% every single day so I think its very important to believe in yourself and to get your head in the right place :)

Hi woowoo81,

I'd be happy to buddy up with you? We have very similar start weights and goal weights, and I started on Tuesday too. I'm also doing Total Solution. I'm on Day 4. I've done Exante before and lost 4st 5lbs in 13 weeks but stupidly I jacked it in and convinced myself that I could do it the 'normal' way.

So, I'll be happy to support you on your journey and lend an ear when you need to sound off (or a shoulder when you want to have a good cry!).

xxx

Hi
I would love a diet buddy. We have similar starting weights and age. In fact it's my birthday next week too. I am on day 12 of exante and so far am feeling good - but then I am ok at starting things It's always sticking to things that is my problem. How are u finding things?

hi everyone ! thank you all so much for your replies...
day 4 is over ! i went to my brothers house tonight for take away and wine...... i sat with nothing!! my niece said "woowoo why havent you got anything" to which i replied "im not hungry" it was true ! im not hungry at all ! in fact i feel great - just a bit tired and lethargic - not sure if anyone else feels like that !?

i do have an awful awful taste in my mouth ! im hoping that will pass soon,

i did lighter life 6 years ago and lost only 3stone (only stayed on it 2 months as it was so expensive) in 6 years ive put 1 stone back on so not too bad but this time i seem to be finding exante far far easier !!

im going to weigh myself on thursday (at tesco again) and see how i got on ! id love to have contact with any or all of you ! im new to this forum thing tho - how do we communicate ? is it just through minimins x

my box of porridge arrived this morning ! what a lovely change from shakes ! its nice to be able to have something in a bowl and use a spoon - makes you feel less of an idiot !! when i did lighterlife the porridge hadnt been available... this is nice but i think its going to take me a few goes to get the consistancy right ! x

I know the porridge is a great option. I had mine this morning. It's lovely just to chew something.

I am new too so please correct me if I am wrong. I think we just post on the forum or once u have over so many posts we can send private messages.

U have amazing will power to watch everyone else eat a takeaway don't think I could do that. Well done

I would like to join in too, I am on day 6 of exante and it is going really well, I have 4 stone to lose and am trying to think half a stone at a time which would make it easier I hope. I like exante but am worried I will get bored with the shakes, I went to Tesco today and bought sparkling strawberry water as my treat for this evening, on offer 4 for 1.50! I also bought some of their rasberry bars which I know we can have as a replacement for the exante bars and they are delicious. Just eating one now with a huge cup of coffee.
I have to do this and am determined that week by week I will continue. I am not hungry but am lucky that I have no pressure to cook for others. My big worry is that I have a couple of friends visiting next weekend who are stick thin and we are stopping in a hotel for the weekend. I am so nervous they will force me to "have fun" with them through food and drink, I know I dont want to break the four week TS, so I would appreciate any suggestions about how I can tell them that I wont be eating or drinking. I know I will still have fun, but do not want to fall off the wagon. I saw someone had mentioned on here that people tend to think we have become aneorexic overnight when we do meal replacements - they (friends) will have a go at me for not eating. ANy suggestions.
I really do not want to weigh myself until the end of week two as I think I have managed to stay off the scales for a couple of years and the weight has crept on so expecting it to disappear overnight or in a week is totally unreasonable. I am looking forward to doing this journey with lots of new friends and the support network on the site. Keep at it, we can all do this together and help each other through the ups and downs. Have a great weekend.
Julia

I know the porridge is a great option. I had mine this morning. It's lovely just to chew something.

I am new too so please correct me if I am wrong. I think we just post on the forum or once u have over so many posts we can send private messages.

U have amazing will power to watch everyone else eat a takeaway don't think I could do that. Well done
well - i have always been the butt of my family jokes (especially my brother as he is very tall and very very slim) so the only motivation i needed yesterday was for my family to know that i am trying... at risk of sounding like an idiot - im really really not struggling at the moment... i have literally sailed through this last 5 days.... so so much easier than i did on lighterlife but i think it could be the price that hurt more on lighterlife ha ha

i like the fact that with exante you are your own boss - you have noone to go and stand in fromt to justify yourself to at the end of the week and noone to look down at you for being so huge - apart from yourself !! this forum is realy good but i never know without checking if i have had a reply or not ! so lets hope that soon enough we can have enough posts to start sending private messages ! that way we will know for a fact we have had a reply ! i thought the weekend would be tough but like i say - im sailing through !! i am exhausted though ! i had my first porridge this morning and literally fell asleep within about 20 of eating it ! ive not got a lot of energy - but i have heard that once we are through the first week we will gain a new lease of life and a new energy x x x

I would like to join in too, I am on day 6 of exante and it is going really well, I have 4 stone to lose and am trying to think half a stone at a time which would make it easier I hope. I like exante but am worried I will get bored with the shakes, I went to Tesco today and bought sparkling strawberry water as my treat for this evening, on offer 4 for 1.50! I also bought some of their rasberry bars which I know we can have as a replacement for the exante bars and they are delicious. Just eating one now with a huge cup of coffee.
I have to do this and am determined that week by week I will continue. I am not hungry but am lucky that I have no pressure to cook for others. My big worry is that I have a couple of friends visiting next weekend who are stick thin and we are stopping in a hotel for the weekend. I am so nervous they will force me to "have fun" with them through food and drink, I know I dont want to break the four week TS, so I would appreciate any suggestions about how I can tell them that I wont be eating or drinking. I know I will still have fun, but do not want to fall off the wagon. I saw someone had mentioned on here that people tend to think we have become aneorexic overnight when we do meal replacements - they (friends) will have a go at me for not eating. ANy suggestions.
I really do not want to weigh myself until the end of week two as I think I have managed to stay off the scales for a couple of years and the weight has crept on so expecting it to disappear overnight or in a week is totally unreasonable. I am looking forward to doing this journey with lots of new friends and the support network on the site. Keep at it, we can all do this together and help each other through the ups and downs. Have a great weekend.
Julia
hello ! i havent heard of the tesco bars being a substitute - be careful that the water doesnt have citric acid in it too - or lots and lots of calories ! i would hate for you to come out of ketosis for the sake of a bottle of water !

as for your friends coming to stay - im sure they will stick by you as true friends once you explain your situation to them ! you can still go out and drink soda water (which is free in most pubs) or bottled water and have a good time ! just be honest with them and hopefully as friends they will support you and see that you can still have fun without food and or drink ! x

Can I be a buddy too ? My start weight is a bit less but I want to loose about the same amount :) I'm on Day 20 I think. I'm doing it in 90 day blocks to help me keep focused.

woowoo81 said:
hello ! i havent heard of the tesco bars being a substitute - be careful that the water doesnt have citric acid in it too - or lots and lots of calories ! i would hate for you to come out of ketosis for the sake of a bottle of water !

as for your friends coming to stay - im sure they will stick by you as true friends once you explain your situation to them ! you can still go out and drink soda water (which is free in most pubs) or bottled water and have a good time ! just be honest with them and hopefully as friends they will support you and see that you can still have fun without food and or drink ! x

Check the sticky threads on the main page. It tells you what drinks/bars are allowed

Hmm, I see the water does have citric acid in it, but is way down on the list. 250 mls of water is 5cals. So I will have a glass or two as a treat. Thanks for the warning about that!

LMAO, ok ok, I have put it away and am back to the water flavouring I bought - thanks so much. Am having a small giggle that I am now paranoid about the type of water I can drink. Stepped away from the water now.
Julia ;):D

Back