Diet Coke

RachTN25

Hi,

Met my consultant last night and got all my bits so starting today. She said that I can also have diet coke and thats what helped her through it. Just been reading on here and seen that some people have said that they have cheated and had a diet coke etc and wanted to clear up whether I can or not. Was quite looking forward to being able to have that if we went to the pub etc.

Thank you

Rach xx

Hi!

Last time I was on Cambridge.. (about 4 years ago..) I had diet coke, but I ended up having to give it up as it kept kicking me out of ketosis. This time I've tried coke zero.. Though apparently it does have citric acid in it, which can do the same.. But I've been lucky with it. Makes a nice change to water as a treat and makes me look vaguely normal when I go to the pub :)

Good luck on your journey! How much do you have to loose?

xx

You should avoid diet coke because the citric acid can kick you put of ketosis. Coke zero is ok as it has malic acid not citric :)

Hi and welcome. I have 1 small Bottle of coke zero a day and I have been ok.

Helps me feel normal, there is only so much water I can handle.

Good luck.

I was also told by my CDC that I could have 1 can of diet coke or Pepsi max a day because I was drinking 2 litres of Pepsi max a day before starting.
I have since been told on here that I shouldn't drink it and now I'm scared to have any! :(

I wouldn't touch the diet coke coz the citric acid will kick u out of ketosis and also the sodium in it can make u retain water! Also make u feel hingry too so its not good! I've had the occasional can of coke zero and been ok tho :) Xx

Fizzy drinks always made me want to eat and also feel really bloated. I was a Pepsi Max addict before starting this plan, but now Ive gone cold turkey with it I no longer crave it. I can remember that bloated feeling really well and am feeing so much better now I am off it :)

I think I'll stock up on some coke zero after work. I want to lose 4 stone ideally and am really hoping to do it by the end of December as I'm getting married. Ive had a year so far to lose weight and now have suddenly realised its only 6 months to go!! lol

Rachel xx

Back