Diet & Fitness: Things You Couldn't Live Without?

Bubblegum_87

Hi Everyone!

I just finished doing a home workout and thought to myself, I don't know what I'd do without my favourite fitness DVDs. It got me thinking about my other essentials and what yours might be? Heres my list, what are all your must-have diet & fitness items? :)

• Fitness DVDs: Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire & Zumba are my favs, I also use other beachbody DVDs and am just getting into KettleWorx after reading such great things about kettlebell workouts!
  • Heart Rate Monitor: Love this!! Wanted a Kifit originally but just can't justify the spend right now.
  • Digital Food Scales: Essential to keep track of my calories
  • Foodfocus.co.uk: Similar to MFP
  • Sports Bra: No more black eyes! lol
  • Digital Camera: For taking progress pictures (trying not to reply too much on my scales)
  • Tape measure: Also to help gauge progress
  • MiniMins.com: Newest edition to my must-haves :D

Looking forward to seeing what else I might be adding to my collection :D

Last edited:
Oh I second the sports bra. That seems to be all I wear these days! :p
I bought three Shock Absorbers and they're fantastic. Nothing moves, it's like having pecs, haha.

I also recently invested in an Omron pedometer, which - paired with a heart rate monitor - is a fantastic way of keeping up with calories burnt with general daily activity, as well as dedicated exercise.

Calipers! easy to use and very accurate. With some measuring tape you can't go wrong.

I have a good pair of running shoes -- some K-Swiss Tubes -- which I'd recommend for anything even remotely activity based, from Zumba to a good hard jog. They help you spring off your feet and keep you going (it feels to me like there are little trampolines on my toes! :p).

Last thing would be a good MP3 player and some music podcasts.
I'm just about to start a P90x cycle, adding in the 9-week C25K running program at week 4, so some good music is absolutely essential to pass the time and keep me focused.

Oh I second the sports bra. That seems to be all I wear these days! :p
I bought three Shock Absorbers and they're fantastic. Nothing moves, it's like having pecs, haha.

I've got a couple of Shock Absorbers too, they're very good but unfortunately for me I've still got some bounceage. Theres a new Panache Sports bra that I'm looking into getting (available at Bravissimo if anyones interested), apparently it reduces bounce by 83%. Have heard that its almost like having a pair of hands hold up the girls lol, as apposed to just squishing them up against the ribcage.

I also recently invested in an Omron pedometer, which - paired with a heart rate monitor - is a fantastic way of keeping up with calories burnt with general daily activity, as well as dedicated exercise.

Calipers! easy to use and very accurate. With some measuring tape you can't go wrong.

I have a good pair of running shoes -- some K-Swiss Tubes -- which I'd recommend for anything even remotely activity based, from Zumba to a good hard jog. They help you spring off your feet and keep you going (it feels to me like there are little trampolines on my toes! :p).

Ooh, I have a feeling I'll be adding some of these to my list too! :D

I'll throw in decent trainers.

I bought a pair of aisics, made me sick spending £90 on trainers, worth every penny though.

Diet essential.. Jaw wire.....fitness....dog.
Lol hope ur ok BG x

LOL a jaw wire would definitely help, eh. :D
I'm ok thanks, hope you are too. :)

I'll throw in decent trainers.

I bought a pair of aisics, made me sick spending £90 on trainers, worth every penny though.

I've been using a pair of pink puma running trainers which are holding up well, very light, bought in a sale for only £10 down from about £40 (love a bargain, I do! :D). Probably about time I invest in something a bit better though. Thanks for your recommendation, RayeRaye also said she'd recommend K-Swiss Tubes - I'm off to do some googling! :)

Are you bonkers bg?what would you wanna go running for..and then PAY for the experience? Dont get it ;-) lol lol x

Ministry of Sound Running Trax CDs! I tend to jog (or shuffle LOL) to the beat of the music so these definitely help keep me going when I'm starting to flag :)
My iPod
My Nike trainers.

Haven't used my tape measure yet and didn't even think of using food scales.. Also, could you recommend a heart rate monitor? :) x

My fitness pal app
Weight watchers
My baby - to take out for walks and get healthy for
Hand weights - tone up those bingo wings
10 minute solution - Pilates
The powerplate machine at my dads house - jiggle jiggle

Mine would be:
1. My Enell Sports Bra. Nothing and I mean nothing moves!
2. My Kettleworx DVDs and My Kettlebells.
3. Minimims - I'd be lost without the support from everyone.
4. Weight Watchers - I do it myself. No meetings or online.
5. My husband - who always makes me feel good whatever my size.

Oh and...
6. Those little cheeses you can buy in a net. Means I can have cheese everyday without going mad! :)

Ministry of Sound Running Trax CDs! I tend to jog (or shuffle LOL) to the beat of the music so these definitely help keep me going when I'm starting to flag :)
My iPod
My Nike trainers.
Haven't used my tape measure yet and didn't even think of using food scales.. Also, could you recommend a heart rate monitor? :) x
Hi Daretodream :) I've heard a lot of good things about Polar hear rate monitors, however mine is this one Sigma Onyx Balance Heart rate Monitor. Has been working great for me, is prettier than most imo, not too pricey, the body strap is comfy, and I can change the battery myself (I've read some reviews for other makes and people have complained about batteries having to be replaced professionally). It's nothing fancy but does all I need. :) Also, people generally recommend getting a HRM with a body strap, as opposed to the ones where you just have to put your fingers on the sensors on the watch, as it can interrupt your workout every time you want to get a reading, and apparently those can also be less accurate.

Are you bonkers bg?what would you wanna go running for..and then PAY for the experience? Dont get it ;-) lol lol x
Unfortunately LBG I haven't found a good enough sports bra to actually let me go out running in public yet haha (must invest in one of the enell bras I keep hearing about!) so the new trainers will just be for my other...less bouncy workouts! :D

My legs and good pair of walking boots. :D
lol yeah where would I be without my legs! :D

Mine would be:
1. My Enell Sports Bra. Nothing and I mean nothing moves!
2. My Kettleworx DVDs and My Kettlebells.
3. Minimims - I'd be lost without the support from everyone.
4. Weight Watchers - I do it myself. No meetings or online.
5. My husband - who always makes me feel good whatever my size.

Oh and...
6. Those little cheeses you can buy in a net. Means I can have cheese everyday without going mad! :)
Oh I love those little cheeses... especially babybels LOL.

Last edited:
They do a little version of marmite cheddar - heaven:D

They do a little version of marmite cheddar - heaven:D

Indeed. I have three types on the go - Marmite Cheddar, Cathedral City and Babybelle Light. :D

An exercise ball - I love it..
Tape measure - JUst can't resist but measure every now and then
Slimpod - To make sure I stay on track

Back