Diet Fizzy drinks

rolo87

Newbie to all this! I'm already missing my sugar kick and I just wanted to know what other people thought about drinking diet/zero sugar fizzy drinks whilst on the diet?

Have you found them to be ok and they don't stop your weight loss?

Cheers!

Dr D says it's ok in moderation - I limit to equivalent of one can per day, otherwise there are other health concerns that I'd stress over!
:)

I have only used fizzy drinks in the last week because I was desparate. I had them only to prevent any giving in whilst somewhere I was hungry. I think they have their place and I know some others on here drink them regularly.

At the outset, I used to have a can of Diet Coke per day, as I (thought I) missed the sugar kick... I soon switched to water though. As others have said, stick to 1 can maximum a day and remember no fruit fizzy drinks and keep to less than 1 cal per 100 ml/glass.

Tescos have some very good zero sugar fiery ginger beer , a lemonade and a so called shandy. They use sucralose not aspartame. They come in packs of six cans at about £1.25 or so. The ginger beer is the best in my view. I limit to one a day. Better than diet coke as no caffeine, though I use diet coke if I'm driving long distance.

Resurrecting an old thread.......I discovered the ginger beer mentioned in the previous post.... Old Jamaica Light Ginger Beer in Asda. Although My Supermarket has it as 1 cal per 100ml, the label on the bottle has it as 0.5 cal per 100ml and NIL for all other nutrients so thought it would be ok, (just pushing to the back of my mind the fact that it contains ginger root extract...although surely this must be miniscule).

I have had a couple of 1.5l bottles over the week, but I have stalled this week, after great losses in my first DD week.......having read this thread, maybe wondering if I should cut it out for a while. Not really a Coca Cola fan, but this just hits the spot!

Last edited:
I was a pepsi max addict until I started Dukan. I thought that I'd just try drinking water as recommended instead of the fizzy nectar as I've never done this before! Boy, am I surprised. I can't drink it anymore as it's to sweet for my palate now, something I never thought'd be possible!! :eek: But, as has ben already said, it's ok in moderation!
Jackie xx

I think they are great around 4pm/9pm when on the prowl for something nice. I have the diet, caffeine free ones. Ginger beer is also nice for a different taste!

What is the opinion on sugar free squash? Does anybody use it? I haven't checked any labels, but just wondering?

I have a 2l bottle of sparkling water every day and very rarely have a coke now - used to drink it all the time!

I drink sugar free squash if I find I am getting low on my water quota - for me it helps me get the recommended fluid intake in me - which I fear is never quite there... Wouldn't recommend it though as have never found a squash with as little as 1cal per 100ml - it's generally around 4-5 per 250ml.

If u can avoid using it I would.

Sparkling Flavoured Water

I drink the fruit flavoured sparkling water that you get in the supermarkets - it is sweetened with sucralose, am hoping that this is better than the zero cola's etc.

Nutrition Per 100ml:

Energy 2 cal
Protein Trace
Carbs 0.3g
of which sugar 0.3g
Fat 0.0g
Fibre 0.0g
Sodium Trace

It is made from Carbonated Spring water and Fruit from 2% concentrate

:confused:

Is it 1cal per 100ml? I thought it was per 250ml which is a glass, that's what I've been looking at! I love sainsburys fiery ginger beer but sounds like I can't have that anymore :(

I drink the fruit flavoured sparkling water that you get in the supermarkets - it is sweetened with sucralose, am hoping that this is better than the zero cola's etc.

Nutrition Per 100ml:

Energy 2 cal
Protein Trace
Carbs 0.3g
of which sugar 0.3g
Fat 0.0g
Fibre 0.0g
Sodium Trace

It is made from Carbonated Spring water and Fruit from 2% concentrate

:confused:

This drink is not ok. It has sugar in it and fruit.

Back