diet prior to surgery

nickycc41

Hi there all, I have been placed on a low card high protein diet for 2 weeks prior to surgery ( having been on steroids for the last 4 months to clear a very nasty chest infection and having gained a stone) I have found an exact copy of it on the internet and its listed as the thatcher diet.
has anyone got any experience of this diet please and if the results were as stated ( 2olb expected weight loss in 2 weeks)

Find out what your macros will be using a calculator online. Your carbs should be less than 20g net carb. The calculator will tell you what your protein and fat intake should be. Eat veggies but be careful because a lot of them are high in carbs. Eat chicken, fish, steak, etc. mainly just watch that you don't go over your carbs and drink tons of water. If you feel weak/foggy, that means your electrolytes are low so drink some low carb broth. So make sure you get enough sodium, posstaium, and magnesium in.

Carbs are a limit. Protein is a requirement. Fat is for satisfaction (hunger) - not required to hit.

its a set daily diet, no substitutes, no milk no dairy, no sugars, no oils, sprays or butters, its pretty much eggs and grapefruit. Ive lost 7 lb in 2 days, which is great, starving hungry but guess thats how its working, burning body fat instead of anything being added. No dressings for salads except vinegar and herbs, only clear tea and black coffee where stated . All meats must be lean and grilled
Here is the diet given
Breakfast one grapefruit, (if you are on statins then substitute with 2 small oranges) 1 or 2 eggs, black coffee same every day
Monday lunch fruit salad, dinner : 2 eggs, green leaf salad, one piece of dry toast, grapefruit, coffee
Tuesday Lunch cold shicken, tomatoes, grapefruit coffee, dinner steak, tomatoes, lettuce, celery, olives, coffee
Wednesday Lunch eggs tomatoes coffee dinnerL 2 lean lamb chops, celery cucumber, tomatoes, coffee
thursday Lunch, fruit salad, dinner: 2 eggs, cottage cheese, cabbage 1 piece of dry toast, coffee
Friday: lunch: eggs spinach, coffee dinner: fish, mixed green leaf salad, 1 piece of dry toast, coffee
Saturday 2 eggs spinach, coffee dinner: plenty of lean steak, celery cucumber, tomatoes coffee
Sunday fruit salad for lunch Dinner: chicken, tomatoes,carrots, cabbage,grapefruit, coffee

Ive had a bad headache, but apart from that no bad side affects so far.cant say I am enjoying it, but if it does me good then can only be a plus ready for surgery, Just never seen it before and wanted to know if anyone had been on it and what to expect really,

Back