Diet shakes vs milk and vitamin pills

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by 366to266, 17 August 2014 Social URL.

1. 366to266

366to266 Wanna lose 100lb

Start Weight:
    26st7lb
    Current Weight:
    23st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    21st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(12.4%)
    Diet:
    1800 calories
    Can anyone tell me what benefit is there to buying a factory-made slimming shake (which are expensive) which is fill of artificial sweeteners and chemicals, rather than drinking a half pint of skimmed milk and taking vitamin pills (which would only cost pennies per serving and contain no nasty additives)?

Thank you.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    I don't know what the answer is but that's a blinking good question! Let's see if you get any other replies...

4. 366to266

366to266 Wanna lose 100lb

Start Weight:
    26st7lb
    Current Weight:
    23st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    21st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(12.4%)
    Diet:
    1800 calories
    Thanks for your reply, Simply. I totally agree that real food is best, and I am eating loads of it every day myself. But I was thinking on behalf of people who buy a Slimfast to have at work or whilst travelling, or who lash out a lot of money on Cambridge meal replacement shakes. I was just pondering really, whether real fresh milk and vitamin pills would not only be a fraction of the price, but more healthy.

But then I think maybe they put a lot of fillers or fibre or something in the shakes to make you feel full up.

Helena

5. beavis420

beavis420 Full Member

Start Weight:
    29st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st10lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2.5lb(27.76%)
    Diet:
    slimming world/pescatarian
    I take whey protein post-workout and sometimes as a meal enhancement(protein porridge) but never as a meal replacement