Dieting after cancer diagnosis

Dizzyblonde

Hi all

I've not been around much on here as I was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. I have a tumour in my right eye and had radiotherapy treatment, which luckily seems to be working, although I'll have to have intensive after treatment with regular eye scans & consultationsfor 2 years along with 6-monthly liver scans for life (eye cancer can spread to the liver)

After getting over the initial shock & spending some time in hospital for treatment I really feel that now is definitely the time to get my weight under control and get healthier.

This week we've been moving office at work so it's a hard week to start as it's proving to be particularly stressful and we're just grabbing food on the go!

So come Monday I am starting back on sw, I will lose weight and I will find time for exercise :)

I'd love to get to know you all, and if anyone on here has cancer and would like a friend that would be good for me too

Dizzyblonde

hey dizzy, you have had a tough time huh? I havent had cancer but wish to say hi and give you a hug! I am a childrens cancer nurse tho so have some understanding,

take care of youx

hiya lovely know what you mean - was diagnosed stage 3 breast cancer this time last year - 2 ops and radiotherepy and am back at work, a good 2stone extra.

I found the radiotherepy left me totally washed out could not even walk round sainsbury's without having a sit down.

Joined SW last May and was determined to pick myself up and get going. I have lost 1.1/2stones now and have started jogging and my fitness levels have improved loads. Loosing the weight and start keeping fit has done wonders - give it a go - its hard at first but the rewards are huge. The big one is to plan and stick with it - no matter how tired push yourself a bit futher.

I found reading the diary's on here so inspirational it did wonders for getting me up and out.

Go for it - gently at first and feel the difference

Hi honey, I was diagnosed with cancer in 1998,and it has returned again (for the 6th time now) but I have dieted on and off throughout those years with success. Hope this helps honey x

Thank you for your messages, it means a lot to make friends on here and get the support that I need :)

I'm really looking forward to starting back on the diet on Monday and to getting on the road to fitness.

I had a radioactive plaque sewn to the back of my eye, it was left in place for a few days then I had a second operation to remove it. I'm back at work but still suffering from blurryness and for the past 2 weeks have had a constant headache, I'm back to see my oncologist on the 11th and will ask if the headaches are connected. The treatment has started working and the tumour has already shrunk to half the size it was :)

I know what you mean about being tired though, I'm completely wiped out after work each day!

It would be lovely to keep in touch with you all and to support each other with the diet and life!

I'm going to start a diary on here on Monday so hopefully that will help too!

Love and big hugs to everyone
Leigh x

Back