Dieting/Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Without The Pounds' started by jenny_belte, 6 October 2009 Social URL.

1. jenny_belte

jenny_belte Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    hi ladies, ive been on lipotrim for 4 weeks now, lost 25lbs so far but now my period is a week late. im wondering if im pregnant or the diet has messed up my periods.

problem is cant do a test till im 7 weeks as my body is weird and doesnt show up till im this pregnant. its so annoying.

so dont know what to do now. carry on with the diet and wait and see or stop dieting in case?

had anyone found out theyre pregnant while on this kind of diet? if so how far?

thx

x x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Purple Hugs

Purple Hugs Loves weight.. training!

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, only thing I can suggest is seeing your GP for a blood test. The diet can lead to late periods - all VLCD's can ,but a few of us are here having babies because of our VLCD's too! So yes it can happen.

All the best,

4. XxAbbiexX23

XxAbbiexX23 Dieting & Mummy To Ethan

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slim And Save as of 13th April
    I found out I was pregnant when I was 4 weeks gone and I just came off the diet. As purple said, get a blood test done because it'll be able to definitely detect if you're pregnant or not. Ask the pharmacist in the meantime what the best course of action is for you as I didn't when I found out I was expecting, I just went back to eating. You may be able to do a refeed plan until you know, you'd still lose weight but slower!

5. LovelyLauren

LovelyLauren My husband = My hero

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(27.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet ss
    Morning hun, when i was on Lipotrim i completely missed a couple of my periods, even one when i came off it... then 6 weeks later i was pregnant...

So the diet does mess round with your body lots, but just take it easy just incase!

Best of luck, hope you get what u want xx

6. Sunflowers

Sunflowers Wants to be a yummy mummy

A blood test would show immediately whether you're pg as it wouldn't be relying on you being more than 10 or 50 units Beta-HCG in your urine, as long as you have over 5 it will be picked up! VLCDs do mess your periods around so it could well be related to that, is there a chance you could be pg though?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.