Dieting Program

MarkyBoyAce

Last night on Talk Radio there was a Doctor talking about crash dieting. It was very interersting and although he didn't actually quote Atkins or CD you could tell that's what he was talking about.

He said about a lot of people complain of putting on weight quickly after coming off such diets but the main reason for this, other than the water side of things is simply due to portion sizes people put on their plates.

Another interesting point he made was that people chew too little and the food doesn't spend long enough in their mouths, that in turn means the food is harder for the stomach to digest ( in bigger lumps ). He suggested that you chew each mouthful of food around 20 times but also to chew slower than normal.

This makes the whole keeping lost pounds off ordeal a lot easier, apparently

Not sure whether or not this makes sense, just found it interesting.

hmm and also with me, when i eat it takes a while for me to realise that i am full.. so if i chew slowely so i am eating slower i may feel fuller quicker?

people will only gain it all back if they pig out simple as that!

Hi Mark,

it does make a great deal of sense. I have also heard that it takes the brain around 20 minutes to realise you're full and to send the message (maybe it's the stomach sending the message..not sure ..:confused:) so chewing a lot and eating slowly is a good thing. Some people also say eat only until your 80% full, and by the time messages have gone from brain to tummy you will actually fell full.

Sorry, this is not very scientific but I have been up since 6am and am very tired..

xxx

He said about a lot of people complain of putting on weight quickly after coming off such diets but the main reason for this, other than the water side of things is simply due to portion sizes people put on their plates.
Definitely portion size is an issue, I often feel that when I have enough but I am really enjoying the food so I keep eating! This is something that I am going to have to be careful of when eating out. Part of the problem is too is that when we were children we werent allowed to leave the table till we cleared our plate so we are trained from a young age to over eat!

Another interesting point he made was that people chew too little and the food doesn't spend long enough in their mouths, that in turn means the food is harder for the stomach to digest ( in bigger lumps ). He suggested that you chew each mouthful of food around 20 times but also to chew slower than normal.
Great idea, and helps our digestion out loads and hopefully feel fuller earlier.

i heard aswell that you should always leave the table knowing that you could have ate more. Same when i was young hedgehog make sure and finish your dinner is all i got..maybe thats why im so big today. I clear everything bf doesnt he actually stops when he full i dont i keep going!!

my i keep going too.. when we have a chinese all other half has is a yung chow (like special fryed rice) ME ? i have chow mein, egg rice, chicken curry and chips!! and prawn crackers and i eat the lot.!! oh eats half then the other half for breaky!!

ok thats how it used to be!! perhaps now i will just have 2 items and eat half :)

lol

Back