dieting with depression

Lilo80

Hi

I am new to minimins, just wondered how many of you are trying to lose weight and struggling with depression, would be nice to speak to like minded people who know how i feel

Thanks

Hi Lilo,

I have bouts of depression now and again, purely down to my weight and how I feel about myself.

It's a struggle but there will be good and bad times. Stick with it x

I've had depression ever since I can remember, it comes and goes in varying strengths, mostly for no tangible reason... So I can relate. It's not an easy thing to deal with on top of trying to lose weight especially when food is so closely linked to everything; either it's there to give us comfort, or there to soak up some of the emotions and sometimes it's there as a punishment.

It is a struggle, but it can be done. Stay strong and persevere. x

Loads of support here for you my lovely, in whatever way you need it xxx

My depression definitely isn't related to weight or food, it's been there long before, and I think the medication and giving up smoking contributed to the weight gain. But if I gave up smoking I know I can get to a healthy weight too.

Thanks everyone for your kind words! Weigh in tonight and I'm feeling positive.

:)

Well done on giving up smoking xx that's an achievement to be very proud of.

I'd rather be a few pounds overweight than have all the risks associated with the demon cigs.

Depression is a debilitating illness, but with the right support and meds you will get there x

Edited to ask how weigh in went? Xxxxx

Well done x

Hello. I can relate as well. I've had depression for as long as I can remember, it even got so bad that I had to have counselling for it once. I used to comfort eat to make myself feel better (hence why I got so big) however it just made things worse because the bigger I got, the more upset I was about the way I looked, so the more depressed I got.

Dieting is hard when food is a comfort, but at least you can be happy knowing that you're heading in the right direction and you can soon eat all the things you love (in moderation) again :) Best of luck x

Hi I suffer from bad anxiety some days it's a real struggle to get out. I take medication for it, but I have to say since I started regular excercise it's starting to feel much better. It's so hard some days isn't it.

Back