Dietninja's 90 day SSS plan

Dietninja

Mostly plant based
Hello! A nice shiny new diary to celebrate a new start. I'm leaving dieting behind. I'm taking a deep breath and focusing on what really matters...my health.

I had a bit of a shock at the doctors today. I've been suffering from allergies this year but now I've been diagnosed with asthma and have to have an inhaler. And from someone who doesn't even like to take a paracetamol for headaches, this is making me miserable.

So my goal is to be healthy and get fit. And hope that that negates the need for meds. (Oh, and I ordered an antiallergy bed cover & duvet just in case...!)

Last edited:
Weigh in day: Tues, I've hidden my scales at home. I'm not following a diet, just trying to exercise and stay sugar free for the moment, and get into a good habit of 3 meals a day and one snack.

I'm not going to pretend weight loss isn't important to me...it definitely is. But now I need to set up good habits rather than looking for a quick fix. I also need to stop bingeing on carby cr*p.

Dietninja's Focus on Health (although a skinny butt would be great too!)

Thurs 19th February

Ex: 60 mins on spin bike

B - banana smoothie, black coffee, 1/2 litre water

L - scrambled eggs with olive oil, courgette, red pepper, onion & chilli, 1/2 litre water

S - way too many pistachios...

T - roasted butternut squash topped with Turkey mince chilli

Last edited:
I'm here :D posted in the wrong diary. Xx

So I ate half a tonne of pistachios (so moreish!) this afternoon whilst in my post doctors visit grump, and then had a surge of energy so decided to have a go on the exercise bike.

I watched an episode of Biggest Loser (yes I really am that sad!) and every time they were in the gym I had to do a hill climb and every time one of them got on the scales I had to do a sprint...worked beautifully. I wore my HRM and apparently burned 710 cals in my 60 min ride :) av HR 150.

So of course my mind starts whirring and I'm thinking, well, if I do an hours cardio every morning....ARGH STOP! I need to stop constantly pushing myself and setting these goals that take all the fun and spontaneity out and put me at risk of failing then bingeing.

I did so well today because I didn't have any pressure hanging over my head. I need to remember and learn from this. Clearly old habits die hard.

Dinner...Turkey chilli on roasted butternut squash. I also made an extra 3 portions :) ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1424374632.351381.jpg

That looks delicious! How did you do the BNS?

Chopped it in half lengthways, scooped out the seeds with a spoon, sprinkle of salt, stuck it in the oven. 40 mins later, it was all soft & yummy. Scooped out the inside of half for dinner and put the other half in the fridge to make soup with tomorrow :)

There's really something in that spontaneous thing.

In the gym sometimes I'm like - right, I'll do a quickie 200 cal work out and escape. 9 times out of 10 they end up being my best workouts with most calories burnt!

Defo do not pressure yourself. It will happen naturally ;-)

What a good day! Congrats!
I'm also having the same relationship with HIIT, like on some days I want to do so much, and I did, and then it kinda traumatise my body and makes me avoid it for some weeks. Right now I'm also trying to have average but more sustainable amount of exercise, so, good luck to us, I guess.. ;)

Dietninja's Focus on Health (although a skinny butt would be great too!)

Good morning! Oh, it's afternoon...whoops!

Just had my hair done. She straightens it really well, so it looks great and feels all silky, but not when I do it at home!!! But I'm going to enjoy going out tonight with my sleek new do :)

Today:
B - banana (in a hurry)
S - skinny latte
L - Costa egg sandwich (not strictly clean but not bad)
S - apple & small piece of cheddar, some smoked salmon (v hungry so are this before going out to make sure I didn't pig out)
T - grilled squid, chorizo & roasted veg, 1 scoop tiramisu icecream, mojito, vodka & soda water, expresso

Ex: Bob Harper 60 min serious strength DVD, 568 cals burned

Last edited:
Well I'm not going to have a sleek straight hairdo tonight! I traded it in for an hours strength training with Bob Harper (sadly not in person!) which nearly killed me! I couldn't even plank towards the end because my arms kept shaking!!! My butt will hurt tomorrow too after hundreds of lunges! 568 cals burned, totally worth it. I love a good post exercise ache.

I also love not faffing around on strict diets, I actually have the energy to exercise! I resisted the scales this morning too. Long may this last.

Feel good after going out tonight. I made good choices and didn't turn it into a binge, which happens frequently when I go out. I was really hungry before we went out so I had some smoked salmon to take the edge off.

When we went out I had a mojito, which was a mistake...wayyy too sugary. I made my next drink a vodka and soda water which was much better.

For dinner I skipped the starter and went for grilled squid, chorizo & roasted veg, followed by 1 scoop tiramisu icecream, with expresso.

If I were doing it over, I'd save my mojito sugar / cals and have a better pudding!

But all in all a success. Baby steps...

Good morning!

My butt is killing me this morning. I can feel the ache in my arms and quads, but by bar the worst is my glutes - they feel like they've been pummelled!!!

Gonna try and get some cardio in today. It's a beautiful day so maybe some run/walking is in order!

Thank you...I agree rest is hugely important. Am going to "Just Dance" with my kiddies today to get some activity in rather than stressing a run in the cold until my asthma is under control. So today will be sort of active rest.

This is working for me at the moment. I'm hesitant at the mo because I've done this no counting, healthy eating before but struggle to stay relaxed about it. One day at a time though... :)

Back