Dietninja's fasting diary 2015

Dietninja

Mostly plant based
Hello! I'm here! Just settling in after moving from the Exante corner of minimins :) anyone fancy stopping by for a cuppa? The kettles on...

A little history: been dieting forever. Have reached goal a number of times on various diet plans over the last 20 years, but never managed to maintain, even for a short amount of time. I'm either going down or going up... ive just done 2 weeks on Exante and lost 12.5lbs which made me v happy, but sadly the diet did not. I just felt rubbish - lethargic, demotivated and diet obsessed on it.

So I've decided to use the remains of my packs to intermittently fast instead. My plan is to lose 3 stone by summer, then keep it off! By fasting on 600 cals 2-3 times a week. I will also exercise and limit either cals or carbs on an up day, but those decisions are yet to be ironed out!

weigh in day is currently Friday, but I'm going to move it to a Tues so I can weigh in at slimming world with a friend. Not sure I'm going to follow their plan at all, but I do like the company :) I had to stop going when I was on a vlcd as the losses were too big!

Last edited:
Here's my daily weigh in thread...

Start weight: 13.7
Week 1: 12.12.6 (-8.5)
Week 2: 12.8.6 (-4)

Fri (official) - 12.8.6 (1250 cals / 72g carbs)
Sat - 12.9.6 (1300 / 59g carbs)
Sun - 12.10.2 (fasting)
Mon - (fast?)
Tues -
Wed - (fast)
Thurs -

Not surprised it's creeping up a bit, coz I have food in my tummy!

I am doing 5:2 on exante (mainly as I have carrier bags left of the stuff) I never felt too bad on exante but I like to run and it just felt dangerous running with nothing in the tank. It seems to have taken forever but I am now down about 4and a half stone to 10 stone 2. Good luck

I am doing 5:2 on exante (mainly as I have carrier bags left of the stuff) I never felt too bad on exante but I like to run and it just felt dangerous running with nothing in the tank. It seems to have taken forever but I am now down about 4and a half stone to 10 stone 2. Good luck
Wow! Thanks! Nice to know it can be done! I want to resume running too...do you place any restrictions on your up days?

As you've had experience of fasting before why not take a look at your old diaries in this section for some pointers? Things that worked for you, things that didn't. What I would say is try and not let the fluctuations you get with fasting influence you if you are going to daily weigh.Being reactive to the scales and chopping and changing plans rarely works ie increasing exercise, excluding certain foods etc. Give it a good few weeks of being consistent and you'll get results. Fasting isn't going to give you week in week out big losses or vlcd losses,but it gives healthy losses and it is a sustainable way of losing weight in my opinion. Good luck.

As you've had experience of fasting before why not take a look at your old diaries in this section for some pointers? Things that worked for you, things that didn't. What I would say is try and not let the fluctuations you get with fasting influence you if you are going to daily weigh.Being reactive to the scales and chopping and changing plans rarely works ie increasing exercise, excluding certain foods etc. Give it a good few weeks of being consistent and you'll get results. Fasting isn't going to give you week in week out big losses or vlcd losses,but it gives healthy losses and it is a sustainable way of losing weight in my opinion. Good luck.

Thank you v much :) I think that's exactly what I need, consistency :)

Hello hello I'm here:D I'm so looking forward to reading your journey. X

Here to subscribe :) x

Sun 18th January

Fast day today.

I'm going to try and be a bit more laid back about dieting now. I figure that's where I've been going wrong...overanalysing it all. So I'll keep with daily weighing but I'm only counting cals on a DD. I'll stay low carb for the mo, but won't count carbs. If I stick to low carb foods that'll be fine.

Today has been easy. No hunger at all. Guess I'm still in ketosis!

My legs and bottom ached hugely after the Bob Harper DVDs, so I really wanted to go for a walk, but both my girls are poorly so I did the Lesley Samson walking workout on YouTube. I have to confess i sneered at people doing these workouts before, thinking they'd be much better off doing something high intensity, but I quite enjoyed it, time went quick and it really helped ease my aches. I officially eat my words and would happily recommend it to anyone!!!

So today:

Ex: walking workout (3 miles), 10500 steps so far

Water: 3 litres

B - coffee with a dash of cream
L - 1/2 Exante choc orange bar
S - coffee with a dash of cream
T - Exante carbonara pack, broccoli & mushrooms, 1/2 choc orange bar

Cals: 550

What's really nice is I can now look at my recipe books...I've been avoiding them! I've got Davinas new one (sugar free one) yummy looking recipes, will choose one for later this week

I've never heard of the walking workout, might have to have a look for that.

You do sound determined. We can all do this!!x

Daily weigh in thread...

Sat - 12.9.6 (1300/59)
Sun - 12.10.2 (fast - 552/39)
Mon - 12.9.6 (fast - 650/25)
Tues -
Wed - (fast)
Thurs -
Fri (official) -

Last edited:
Well, today has turned into a surprise fast day...I was so busy I forgot to eat, then thought I might as well get the second fast out the way. I'm still in Vlcd mode (and ketosis) so hunger isn't a problem.

Exercise is a problem today though...still got poorly kiddies at home (although they're v much on the mend) so can't get out, and I'm scared of doing another DVD coz my thighs still really ache! I truly can't face more squats!

Daily weigh in thread...

Sat - 12.9.6 (1300/59)
Sun - 12.10.2 (fast - 552/39)
Mon - 12.9.6 (fast - 650/25)
Tues -
Wed - (fast)
Thurs -
Fri (official) -

i love this tracking hun. How u finding it ?

Absolutely fine - but I expected to at this point...after eating low carb at the weekends the first 2 days of Exante were fine...it was the next 3 I couldn't handle!!! But back to proper eating tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it...I've got a list of yummy foods I want to eat...I'm so sad but I really wanted some roast chicken on Sunday but didn't have the calories over so I put some in the fridge!!! I've also got avocado and salami which I love so I might make a yummy low carb salad with them :)

Back